Weight Loss Alternatives Community
hcg diet

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

hcg diet

I am starting the Simeons's/Weight Loss cure diet tomorrow.  I know for the first two days I must gorge.  What kind of food do I gorge on?.....only organic fattening foods or any non-organic fattening foods?
Help!
HCG will not help you lose weight in any way...and the pill form is even more useless..
he doest not say to gorge on healthy foods..lol want to know why ? the goal is to over fill your your fat cells..and fill your glycogen levels..so when you eat only 500 calories (an infant requires 1,200) ..you wont feel  the starving as bad..people..be real..think about it...if it was that easy...sighhhhhh
Thank you.  I did just that and I'm on Day 3.  So far so good.  I've been drinking the teas in between my meals and that has helped alot.  Have you completed the plan and if so, what were your results?
Im a pro athlete.. have a degree in sports nutrition..and nutrition..and certified in personal training..and im a weight controled sport...im more then educated on HCG...its very simple..research the product HCG not the people selling it..leanr all about HCG from a non HCG selling website ,book.so called DR. or a message board..thats how you make the right choices..ok lets see if this works...which people in the world need the lowest fat there is ? bodybuilders..and yes I know your not 1 IVE known about HCG for over 10 yrs..as it used in bodybuilding daily...and quess what..it is in NO WAY used for fat loss ?? a lil odd dont you think ? they dont get paid with fat on them..so wouldnt you think if it could help with fat loss they would take it..and not 100's of steroids...95% of bodybuilders do use HCG....to stop there *alls from shrinking..NOT FAT LOSS..and it rasies testoserone....and yes they take  small amounts also.. did you not see the reports i posted..they are real..not from salesmen...think about it..and injecting this makes your body think your pregant..very bad..and in older women...it caused birth defects..did trudea tell you that ?? read some of this...

This deceptive practice is injection with HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin). HCG is a hormone extracted from urine of pregnant women. It is approved by FDA for treatment of certain problems of the male reproductive system and in stimulating ovulation in women who have had difficulty becoming pregnant. No evidence has been presented, however, to substantiate claims for HCG as a weight-loss aid.

An article in JAMA (Journal of the American Medical Association) stated:

"No convincing scientific evidence exists that human chorionic gonadotropin has any pharmacologic effect in weight reduction. Hence, claims to the public that such effects do occur are a misrepresentation of the scientific facts."
FDA requires all labeling and advertising of HCG to state that it has not been demonstrated to be effective in the treatment of obesity. The ads must also state that HCG is not approved by FDA as safe and effective in treatment of obesity of weight control.

Yet the use of HCG for weight loss continues. For instance, advertisements for weight-loss clinics using HCG appeared in the Chicago area in the summer of 1982. The ads included the required disclaimer, but in type much smaller than that used to extol the virtues of the clinics' program.

The pill or shot to enable a person to lose weight without danger and without eating less has not been formulated. And the garment or other device to let one firm up or lose inches without moving a muscle has yet to be invented.

It looks like those who want to be slim will have to resort to those old, unglamorous standbys--eating less and exercising more--to shake those excess pounds

I posted the truth about HCG and what it realy is..and does...its sad so many are fooled...HCG is far from new..and does zero for weight loss...your talking like you FOOL the body into thinking its only getting 500 cals...and womens urine does not do this...and womens urine in no way can affect a fat cell..I know more about FATCELLS then anyone here..bar none....and womens urine cant help...hopefully you people will get a grip..and I bash no one..,just because I do not agree..thats bashing ? Just do not be lieing to people who come here ,who dont know better..with all your excercise you could eat so good..and with no pills...no powders..and no WOMENS URINE...and I have every right to tell people the truth..and once again.in tme..KEVEN TRUDEAU will be arrested again...do you tell these people that the second they stop injecting womends  urine.. ALL THE WEIGHT COMES BACK ?? I see that slipped your mind....did you post the real side affects....hmm...truth shoulod not make anyone here mad at me...do as you must..but leave other people alone..or atleast tell the truth..

It looks like those who want to be slim will have to resort to those old, unglamorous standbys--eating less and exercising more--to shake those excess pounds.
It's obvious you are very knowledgable about this topic.  However, unless you have actually gone through the HCG process your remarks hold no weight at all.  I've been in the health and fitness field for over 20 years and the Simeon's protocol and research make COMPLETE SENSE for anyone who has experienced the frustration of gaining, losing weight.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Americans are the fatest people compared to Europeans and food processing and additives are the main reason for this epidemic in America.
blah blah blah
What exactly are the side effects? On men and on women for injecting HCG?
Actually, the weight does NOTcome back if you follow the protocol correctly through EACH phase. I am so sick of all of you people who say you know so much about this, yet you all have a common denominator... YOU HAVE NEVER USED IT IN THE SIMEONS PROTOCOL FOR FAT LOSS. Everyone who HAS, loses MAJOR weight.  On top of that, their weight is redistributed more evenly, their energy is high,and their hunger is low.  Everything about the HCG hormone being used in this way makes sense. You are all QUITE blind if you think people will listen to you (someone who's never tried the protocol) over someone else who HAS tried it, AND has pictures PROVING the amazing results. By the way, those stories are in the hundreds. KTHNX.
Pardon me for going off topic once again from the original poster:
I know fightu can be irritating in his approach and bedside mannerism. I realize patients can get a little upset when someone shouts "this wont work" when they see it working for themselves. So I have come up with a a few notable points for you, that may reaffirm your choices and enable you to live a healthy lifestyle that includes proper nutrition and exercise.

First of all I will state this again, hCG will not make you lose weight (typically, although results may vary) alone. The vlcd and exercise will enhance our weight loss while on the hCG regimen.
The hCG injections are based on the natural interactions it has with the human body. It allows the vlcd to enable weight loss, without the loss of energy and lowering your metabolic rate.

HCG is not new, it has been used and abused (sadly) by many facilities outside of the medical community by athletes, during steroid usage.
It has been used by Fertility Clinics, as well as, treating male patients for undescended testicular diagnosis and for Post-Menopausal women.

It is currently under studies and research for many other beneficial uses such as treating cancer, reducing tumors, and for weight loss.

To discredit any use at this time is premature.
Is it FDA approved for weight loss at this time? No, it is not.
Is it FDA approved for steroid abusers? No, it is not.
Is hCG approved by the FDA in a general usage for certain specific uses? Yes, it is.

HCG is a glycoprotein composed of an alpha subunit and a beta subunit. HCG is closely related to two other gonadotropins, luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), as well as thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH), all three of which are glycoprotein hormones. The alpha subunits of these various glycoprotein hormones are structurally very similar, but the beta subunits differ in amino acid sequences. These differences are responsible for their biological and immunological specificity.

It is not FDA approved for weight loss at this time for the following reason, and I quote " It is not possible to obtain uniformity in the reporting of results solely through the use of a common standard, since hCG is a complex molecule."
(Meaning -they need more time, therefore will not approve it as of yet)

FDA conclusions on the approved usage of hCG results in the following adverse side effects:
Adverse Events Occurring in > 1%
Abdominal Pain (gynecological)
Death Fetal (women who are pregnant should NOT take hCG)
Headache
Ovarian Hyper-stimulation Syndrome
Vaginal Bleeding
Injection Site Reaction
Nausea
Abdominal Pain (gastrointestinal)

Additional FDA information:
Earlier this year, FDA warned that a counterfeit version of the hormone human chorionic gonadotropin, or HCG, was being sold to weight lifters and other athletes.

As for gorging....I have never promoted this. Even with Dr Simeon's proposed views on the ability to gorge to prevent hunger in the first three days of the hCG therapy.
I think you've got the wrong person.......I've been using HCG and following the protocol and have NO problem at all with my results which have been great so far.   Just wanted you and everyone to know that I'm not against HCG at all.  I've never felt better and will continue on!
I like readng how hcg is working for everyone. I am happy that I am seeing my doctor on monday. I cant wait to get started. I know there are sideeffects, but if you think about it, there are side effects to just about everything inthe world.
Being fat is bad for my health, so I have to do something.

Wish me luck!!!

hey figtu, if this works for me, I will post pictures of before and after then you can finally have your proof.but you are mean, you might sell my pics on the internet or somrhting.maybe not
Now that some time has passed, what do you think of HGC therapy?  I am thinking of starting it myself.  
i hear all the opinions on wether or not this works for weight loss.  what i'm curious about is what the long term effects of injecting hcg are.  wether it be for fertility or for weight loss....whatever.  
My wife is doing the HCG diet, along with 500 calories and 2-3 protein shakes per day. I'm doing a blog with all of her daily comments, feel free to comment or ask any questions, and I'll fwd to her.

http://kimsdietblog.blogspot.com/
fightu35,

hello there. i find your post interesting.

what i would like to say first and foremost is that i am not here to discredit the hcg diet because i do know that many, many people have lost and are losing weight on this diet. i am here to say the following.
i was on this diet for a little under two weeks. i am in a high energy job which requires me to be alert at all times and ready to go to possibly save another officers life. i am also, as a mother required to be alert and there for my 12 year old son at all times. on this diet, i have become fatique, i have become dizzy, fellow officers told me that i look tired and have i have developed leg cramps over the past week while the weight loss was minimal in my case (5 lbs in 12 days). to me, personally, depriving myself of my well being is not what my life is about. i want to lose about 15 lbs and people in general tell me that i don't need to lose weight but i know where i was 2 years ago (120 lbs) and where i am now. so, i have come to the decision, that i will simply eat healthy by cutting out fatty foods. i am going to utilize my george foreman grill which allows me to grill my food i.e. fish, chicken, steak without the use of any oils. in the cases where oils are necessary, i am going to use coconut oil and i am going to start using almond non grain for items that need to be baked. i will also not use sugar if sweet is required but use stevia and sea salt  and other seasongs for flavoring foods. there are days when i walk about 10 to 15 miles per day and i sweat like crazy when doing so in over 100 fahrenheit in the state that i live in.
if the hcg diet works for you, more power to you. i have seen firsthand people who have lost a lot of weight on this diet but for me it is not working. looking and feeling like a zombie is not what i need in my job or as a mother so i am simply going to change my eating habits by using alternative. oh for pasta i am going to buy the shirataki noodles. i hear that they aren't too bad.

please don't get offended when one is not in full support of the diet. it doesn't mean that you are wrong or they are right, it simply means that some have different experiences than others.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU IN YOUR ENDEAVER
My wife is pregnant.  Would drinking her urine have the same effect as the Hcg injections?  How much urine would I need to drink?
Why isn't the obvious being stated? If you eat 500 calories a day, you are going to lose weight! And eventually when you are off the regimen and are hungry again - you will return to normal eating and will have no choice but to gain weight due to the increase in calories. Do the math! Sometimes people are so desperate to lose weight, they'll do anything regardless of how ridiculous it sounds. I know because I did do this over 20 years ago and ended up gaining all the weight back and much more. Think of the long term effects. It just about killed my metabolism and unless I drastically reduce my caloric intake - nothing works. I wish I had been smarter about my health and not so deperate I would try anything.
Yes, you are right about the simple and obvious concepts, the "forest through the trees" comes to mind.  My patients engage in healthy weight loss through proper nutrition, exercise, and goal setting.  Supplements are good adjuncts, but not an "easy button."  

Overweight60:  oh my gosh, NO NO NO !  Do not drink your wife's urine.  This is silly, will taste horrible, and as PROVEN before the Hcg hormone is useless.