Weight Loss Alternatives Community
hcg-smoking, makeup

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

hcg-smoking, makeup

Hi people!
I am a smoker and I want to start the hcg injections.  I have a couple of questions.  First, does smoking inhibit the effects of hcg?  Has anyone smoked and still achieved the desired results.  

Also, I was wondering if anyone has used bare minerals for their makeup.  It contains no oils.

Lastly, is it nessecary to do the 30 cleanse before beginning the diet?

I started the diet at 198lbs I'm now at 179. I self inject 175ius per day. I did the 30 day colonix and lost 8lbs from it. I have been on phase 2 for 8 days 3 loading and 5 on the 500 cal. I HAVE LOST 11LBS so far and I'm thrilled! I know it would be better for me not to smoke and I'm working on it but I still have been smoking. I also use bare minerals  in conjunction with my other regular make up at least 3 days this week. (only because I had to) I use regular deodorant and still all my regular products except lotion . I eat mostly non organic food as the organic is hard for me to find and too expensive. I'm still loosing but I would suggest just to follow the original plan if you can and have enough willpower. I bet if I were following it exactly I would be loosing even more. I'm working on changing my behavior to that of the plan but it will take me time and right now I'm concentrating on the 500 cal per day part. It was costly to get on the protocol and it takes tons of willpower to do the 500 cal per day so I really do plan on working on following the plan to the T. I would suggest just to stick to the rules if you can:)

Good Luck 2U!

V
I'm not completely sure about the affects smoking will when while you're on hcg. I would try to cut down a lot or quit all together. Taking hcg is an approach to a new lifestyle; it's a way to start a new,healthy life. The only things you should put on your skin are the things that are mentioned in the book. However, if you're are going out one night and you'd like to put on a little makeup, I don't see where a little bit would hurt (it might slow your weight loss just  a little, though). If you put something on your skin, it's just like eating it (it gets absorbed into your blood stream). As far as the 30 cleanse before beginning the diet, I would definetly recommend it. I have been on the diet for 5 days now and I wish I did Phase 1. I was kinda hungry the first few days and I think it's because I didn't do Phase 1. I hope I've been of some help to you! Good Luck!! :-)
I use mineral makeup everyday.  It is all dry powder, it covers beautifully and I am still losing between 1 to 2 pounds a day. Good luck.
It is not necessary to do a cleanse before starting a diet yet I would recommend it. It is something that will help you get the jump start you need. I used the colonix program from DrNatura and lost 10lbs which helped me get started and on my way to a healthier and lighter me. It is gentle on the system and will definately motivate you positively. Let us know what you decided to do and how it is working for you. Good Luck!
How do you do on the HCG diet and smoking?
I smoked while on the HCG activator pills and still lost 31 lbs in a month. I also did not change my hygiene and beauty routine much. I continued to use Herbal Essences shampoo and conditioner, and Clean & Clear face and body wash. I used Bare Minerals makeup before and continued to do so, but also continued my Cover Girl eyeliner. I also continued to use my Aveda Face Moisturizer. None of these products seemed to hinder my weight loss. Honestly, I think maybe they just want you to use their HCG hygiene and lotion products because I do not see how any of this could hinder weight loss, even if it does clog your pores. But I'm not a doctor. All I can say is that it did not seem to hurt me at all.
Can I chew or smoke on this diet?
Can I use the nicotine lozenges while on phase 2 of the hcg diet?