hi everyone
Hi all i am 23 mother of two and i am about 5'5", 5'6" and i weight 250 we are also trying for baby #3 and i just ordered the nutrisystem diet and i did some research but i would like to hear from real people if this worked for them.  I have tryed many diets and none work, well they work but i just cant stick with them i am hopeing since this food is already made i will be able to stick with it. any advice is much appriciated
I had a friend try it and she said it tasted like cardboard. You may be better off just eating really "clean", and drinking lots of water. I eat turkey, chicken, salmon, etc. either baked grilled or broiled. Lots of fresh or steamed veggies and I weigh my food so I know for sure how many calories I am eating and learn portion control. No salt, etc.  Try eating smaller meals more often like 6 x a day. It really speeds up your metabolism when you do that.
i have tried the weighing my food, the no salt no carb diet but all of that requires time and i really dont ahve alot of that lately and if we have another child i will hve even less time so i thought this would be an easy way to make sure i eat healthy and lose weight at a good rate. I guess we will just have to see how it goes thanks for responding.
I have tried nutrisystem and it tasted like different flavored pieces of cardboard. For this reason I could not keep with it. If you would like to pay the shipping only...I will be happy to send you a couple of drawers full of the product.
donner1
Hi,  i see the comments about Nutri-system have been inspiring :) and yes I have to agree, I tried them just last year and the food was marginal plus you still have to add all your fresh foods so it's not as inexpensive or effortless as you would think.  However if you are looking for a program that makes your life easier and the food is good locate a Seattle Sutton in your area.  THeir food was great, complete and very easy.  I was able to loose weight but even more lasting was bring down my portion size with out feeling deprived and thats one of the things I have been able to maintain.  Good Luck
It's always a plus when you learn portion control for long term results. I wouldn't think nutrisystem would really teach you how to eat once you are off their packaged food.
My daughter tried Nutri System to lose wt before her wedding and like the others have mentioned she said it was like eating cardboard. It must be so if all that have tried it use the same adjective (cardboard) to describe their food.
SORRY FOR ALL OF THE REPEAT COMMENTS....MY PC WAS ACTING UP  LOL
You know the best thing I did was when I bought a food scale and a little calorie counter book.  Stick to real good for you food like grilled chicken salmon and fresh vegetables. Experiment with different spices for flavor. Calorie wise you will be consuming about the same as if you did a prepackaged food diet without anything else your body doesn't need. The weight came off quick for me when I just started writing down what I was actually putting in my mouth too. I was shocked when I realized how many empty calories I drank every day just in soda's. You can eat good food with lots of flavor and avoid the cardboard :)
I agree w/danijill. Best way is to eat properly. Those faux food systems just don't work. Not only do they taste bad, their loaded with junk your body doesn't need.  My biggest problem w/any of those diets, be it nutrisys....optifast and others is that you never, ever learn to eat properly.  You end right back where you started from in no time (and even gaining more wgt. in most cases). You simply can't stay on a cardboard diet anyway.  You'll be off it within a week.  Please take the advise of others here. Simple 4oz servings of broiled/baked high protein, low fat meats, a simple salad w/ balsamic vinegar or steamed veggies and your good to go. I'm finding it is much easier to prepare then meals that take forever to cook and my child  is happy, as well.  You'll also be providing your kiddies w/a great foundation in learning how to eat nutritously.
I think Danijill and Rockrgrrl are right.  I had a friend that was on it and she lost a lot of weight.  In no time after she started eating regular food she not only gained all her weight back but then some.  I did the carb drinks last year and lost a lot of weight but when I quit I gained it all back plus 20 MORE!  I think it is important to find a way to eat healthy with foods you enjoy.  I also know that it would be really hard for me to cook for my husband and 2 kids and then have to prepare something different for myself every night. One of the best things you can do for your kids, as well, is to prepare healthy meals that teach them about good eating habits at a young age.  This will stick with them and hopefully keep them from having the same trouble we are struggling with now!  
I agree 100% with danijill. That's what I did and I've lost 18 pounds so far. It's all about WHAT you eat and PORTION control.