how does cheating affect HCG
I just started the shots today, however I am giving notice to my current employer....two weeks notice.  I am aware they will be taking me out on my last day.  What will happen if I cheat?  
I have been on HCG for 13 days & have cheated horribly!
I started off very well then and then BAM Easter came!  
I was just gonna have one little piece of chocoate....then I had probably 10#'s of chocolate!  UGH!
Then today we had a "potluck" at work and I totally endullged!  
I need to know what I should do.  
Quit and restart OR just continue taking my drops.
Please advise!  

Thanks, Gbrenik
I started the shots on the 22nd. I dont know how much I've lost exactly til I go back and see the doctor on friday!! I've always been a sweets person so all my cravings is chocolate this, caramel that, ice cream here!! I think I'm going insane!!!!! I drink about 10-12 8oz bottles of water everyday and everytime I get a craving. UUgghhh this to me *****!!  = (
Started HCG Saturday. Two loading days and 3 days VLCD.  Starting my 4th VLCD day today.    The water is the hardest part; I have only been successful in 12 of the 16 cups required.  I am not hungry (my stomach hasn't growled once), but the psychological pull of food starts to get to me by the end of the day.  So I guess the question is, how do you combat the psychological aspect of the "food draw"?  I am not craving sugar or white carbs, just something texture-ish, substantial.   So I cheated today...I had to have some bread...I ate an extra egg white and 1/2 slice of ezekial bread, no butter.  As far as weight goes, I am down 9.2 lbs!
This is my 7th day on hcg drops and vlcd. I am already stuggling on my food choices. I ate bad today, had a poptart. Will this screw up my loss in a big way?
I started HCG (taking 10 droplets orally 3 times a day) recently. It has now been 6 days that I've taken it and I've lost about 7 pounds. It's the first thing that has actually worked.

However, I've been on it more than 6 days. This will answer your question about the whole "breaking the diet for a day or so", atleast this is what happened with me. I went out of town for 3 days and I broke my diet (but still took the HCG droplets to suppress my appetite). I came back and I was only .6 pounds heavier (yes!) and I picked up where I left off. It's been two days and I've lost another 2 pounds.

So yes, I believe you can break it for a day or couple of days. Just don't expect anything magical to happen where you'll continue losing weight while eating fatty foods. You just have to watch what you eat period.
Just for everyone's info as well:
I'm taking the droplets and for the 6 days I've dieted, I've lost 6-7 pounds.
My diet is NOT a strict one.
I wake up, take the droplets, and eat anything ranging from either 6 pieces of cantaloupe, an apple, 5 pieces of beef jerky, 2 pickles, a can of green beans, or half a cup of pistachios. I only drink probably  one bottle of water (16.9 fl oz) or two a day. It is very unhealthy to stock up on water and immediately stop in order to lose water weight.
I repeat another of these options for lunch and dinner after I take my other droplets.
Once I ate 3 pieces of fish and a bowl of buttered broccoli and it gained me a pound, so you just have to be careful of what you eat.

I'm trying to say that you don't NEED to follow the strict HCG diets that the professionals have created, not even drinking a lot of water. Just watch your calories, fill up on low calorie snacks, and you'll make it through the day and wake up the next weighing a pound lighter. It's extremely satisfying.
I just want sharp cheddar cheese!!!! I am at the end of day 4 of being on hcg by the way.. ugh...
I'm on day 7 and have lost 8 pounds even when cheating.  Not too bad but a little.  The need for bread or rice, any kind of carb is huge but looking at the scale in the morning is great.  I cannot keep from thinking that if I had not cheated I would have lost even more but what is done is done and I am happy with the results.  I know I will do better with time.  Want to loose about 70 more pounds so I must be better.
Cheating bit me in the butt. I was very bad last night and paid by gaining 1 1/2 lbs. Doing an apple day today to get back on track.
Day 9  Apple day worked like a charm and lost 3 pounds!  Being super good today too!  Hopping for another 3 today!  Yay!
After readingthese posts some new some old, I wonder about a few things here: I'm on day 26 taking one shot a day. I lost about 10 lbs I won't weigh myself again yet. I am not "overweight" but overweight for me by about 20 lbs I carry it well. First time I can remember that I haven't had wine or a cocktail in 26 days and I have for teh most part followed this diet; I may have some extra apple slices; I do make an egg white omelette with grilled onions first and my fave meal and I found heinzs ketchup now low sugar tastes exactly the same so that has saved me a little its only 10 c alories. I do use more tha 2 TBS of soy milk and drink a lot of coffee, and the most I've cheated is with too much fruit usually the green apples. So my frustration is why the heck haven't I lost more weight? I do see a difference but not as much I would expect for day 26?! Oh--I also bought hersheys sugar/fat free syrup to have a tablespoon with fresh strawvberries or I was about to buy a friggen birthday cake --which is soo weird for me. Now I have sugar and sweets cravings. I am so bored with this diet. And yes, it seems if I cook--like chili--and use more tomato paste than the recipe calls for.I bet if I just ate the 4oz burger and veggie I'd lose faster? I am just frustrated. I thought by day 26 I'd be back to my weight of 125-128. For you guys losing kudos to you. I thought by now I could have a friggen cheat. Iwould love a cocktail with friends already. Anyone else not have a lot of weight to lose and having the same issues as me following this thing for the most part? no fats, no bread, no alcohol, no dairy? aghhhhh?!! help
You are eating too many things that are not on the "approved list'. If you want to see a difference you should stick to the list. I have been  on the hcg shots for 17 days now and have lost a total of 14 pounds. I drink herbal tea and green tea throughout the day. I got my period today and did not take the shot. I am feeling very hungry, so I ate an extra green apple and 1 more melba toast ( 20 calories). Not sure how it will affect me, but I can tell you that I have been journaling every item I eat since I started the diet. I noticed the most weight loss when I stick to only 1 vegetable with my meal (instead of mixing vegetables) . I also lost more weight when I used a lime for dressing and ommited the tablespoon of olive oil. oh, by the way, i did have a 4 day plateau! I am only doing this diet for 23 days to go...i feel bored of the choices and have felt like giving up many times, but i just focus on the goal by looking at my "skinny jeans" and at a picture of me wearing them...whatever helps, right?
I use homeopathic hCG because it allows more variation and personalization of the diet.  It's still strict, but you get a little variance on what you can eat, amounts to eat, etc.  I've lost 45 pounds in 60 days, with a couple planned interruptions.  A good hCG program will let you customize it within the bounds.  Check out http://www.mycheaphcg.com.  They sell a program called "Personal hCG Diet."  
I was 17 days on w/shots, lost 15 lbs. Then I cheated completely for 3 days, and gained...20 lbs. Wow. I'm back on the program for 3 days and lost 6 lbs, but the fat is still everywhere. Any comments or advice on what to do next? Thanks.
Oh gosh, after reading this last post, I am stressed. I was doing great for 7 dAys, down 7 Pds then went on a weekend getaway to see my best friend and ate terribly. I still have been taking the shots, I Go home tomor and I'm so stressed out about how much I have gained. So wasn't worth it. :(
I'm glad to hear things are going back down for u sam8888, we work so hard and then blow it in 3 days eh! Sigggggh....
I will be starting the hcg diet tomorrow and i must admit i am very nervous. I have a question, I am suppose to have 3.5 oz of meat and veggies, do I really have to stick to that, why not 4 oz or 6 oz...If Im sticking to the foods listed why does it have to be little, I really don't know how I am going to do it...
I started the HCG shots last Monday....by Saturday I was still feeling so hungry! When does that start to subside?
I have a few questions for ANYONE who is using HCG. First, is there a difference between the drops and the shots? Next, what should I do about cravings for sweets? Also, I have noticed that my 2 meals a day do not add up to 500 calories, should I add more veggies or fruit or should I just leave it as is? Finally, I have only lost 2.5 pounds in a week, this doesn't seem right for this diet, what should I do?
Anyone who can answer any of these questions will be greatly appreciated.
No way i'm going to limit myself to 2 meals a day. I've stayed around 800 cals a day, even went to 1000 the other day. This is my 1st wk doing it but i can tell you that in a wk i lost 12.5 lbs.

www.knowhcg.com  

this is my blog

I do workout almost every day with weights and cardio. I have not cut back on that.
Hey yes I noticed too that the portions prescribed are actually less than 500. And I actually improved the weightloss when I doubled the meat (the calorie count on packet agreed with my assessment but when I was weighing it it was double the prescription in the diet).

Whether you exercise or not the net calories consumed should be 500, I personally tried working out like crazy and ate 500 and lost NOTHING even though without exercise (with the casual walk here and there) I was losing 2.5 lbs a day.

Also with dairy if I eat dairy one day it doesnt do much but if I eat it consecutively for 3 days the weight loss halts. Eating Splenda doesnot stop weight loss but maybe slows it down (I havnt tested that on its own).

Eating some other fruits than the one prescribed also does not seem to affect the loss ... never ate fats or starches on hcg lol my cheating is kinda low level but thats why it only starts to make a difference when I try to push my luck with it!

Another thing I did have abt a tsp of brown sugar and felt realllllyyy bad about it ... but I immediately went out and walked for half an hr lol and ofcourse came and had to go to the bathroom. Next day weight loss was normal! So weird!

P.s. LOVE this blog so informative

I had a question though if we did take a break the way Simeons prescribed it and then restarted the diet would I again have to do 23 days of the phase 2 protocol or just the remaining from the previous cycle? As in when would I be able to go to phase 3 after resumption?
I started HcG (sublingal) on September 19th.  I did well the first week, but the second week, I just lost it and fell apart.  Now I've set myself back because I was at 10 days 11 pounds and now I'm at 15 days and STILL 11 pounds.  *sigh* Have I ruined it? Will the weight loss resume?

Also, my Dr. is suggesting I abandon the idea of doing the 23 day protocol and do the 40 day - OMG I can't imagine doing this for 25 more days - that's almost a MONTH!!! This is the hardest diet to stick to! I don't necessarily want bad things (though they would be great) I just want to eat a MEAL!!!
you know, a normal human body loose min 2000cal a day and you have to take max 500 cal when you are on diet.. I mean even if you dont use HCG diet, you already lose 1500 cal a day min and it is 45.000 cal a mounth.. Please dont believe this kind of ******** diet program and dont waste money and dont loose your health!!!! It is just scam to take your money.. Just be smart!!
I have been on the diet since last friday and have cheatd twice but im still down nine lbs so I guess im still ahead my problem is I work nights so I get so hungry and almost cheat but tonight i ate animal crackers because they are low in fat and sugar! But stick to it guys and please keep posting I learn from your mistakes and am encouraged by your success!
I have been taking the pills for 2 weeks for those two weeks i m now comfortable with eating 500cal. a day. BUT on my cycle things get out of hand.. I eat any and everything =/. so far i had ONE bad day...I ATE Mcdonalds! UGH i can't help to feel like the 14lbs that i lost in 8days are now back. I will try my best not to go over board again.
I've been on the drops for three months and have lost 50 pounds not to mention I'm a 15 year old girl. But I went out with my friends and cheated. I ran two miles but I'm really scared I'll gain a pound
i realize your post was in 2010, but ive just started the drops about a week ago.  what brand drops did you have and where did you purchase them?  are you still taking the drops, have you been able to KEEP the weight off?
I started hcg shots exactly 2 weeks ago and as of today had lost 28 pounds. Tonight for some reason I blew it. 2 pieces of pizza? 10 chips ahoy cookies and a glass a milk. Am I doomed...should I do the apple only diet or the 1 steak for dinner plateau buster...so stressed I can't sleep. I still have 60 pounds to go....advice?
I just started the HCG shots "Novaral" and this is my 5th day, including the two binge days.  I really have not lost anything because I was up 2lbs from the load and I am now back down to my original weight that I started at.  Am I doing something wrong??  Please help.  I am reading how people are losing 7-8lbs in 5 days and I am starting off with no REAL lose.  What should I do?
I started with my first injection Nov. 15th.  I got my second on the 18th.   I am 5'2 and weigh 164 and and need to lose about 35 pounds .  Since this time I have only lost about 1 pound.  I am not cheating.  My doctor did not tell me about not having any oils, using oils or lotions but I did research and found that all out the week of Thanksgiving.  I also really stuck to drinking at least 8-9 glasses of water a day with apple cider vinegar.  Since the week of Nov. 20th I have stuck to 500 calories only really cheating on Thanksgiving day.  When I went to get weighed the Monday after Thanksgiving I had lost a total of 1/2 a pound.  THAT IS ALL!  I am still here same weight and NOT MOVING from 164! Not cheating, no sugar, NO STARCHES, No oils etc.  I am not really all that hungry as my doc prescribed a appetite suppressant drug that I take 1-2 a day.  WHAT IS WRONG?!! HELP.  Now I fear that my metabolism is set at 500 and will gain all kinds of weight if I stop .  Has anyone else experienced this EXTREMELY DISCOURAGING ISSUE?  
Today is my day 3 of HCG. I was supposed to "binge" for the first 2 days but haven't been hungry. At all. I've read that you load to not be hungry and also to set your metabolism. Have I sabotaged the diet? My fiance is suggesting I binge today and officially start the diet tomorrow. I'm doing the drops, supposed to do it 3x a day but have only done it 2 days twice a day. Not hungry at all!  
I'm posting this to my fridge for inspiration. thanks
I bet $50.00 to all the people that posted in 2007-2009 that said they have a "cheat day" or "cheat on their vacation" or whatever others posted such things as that - are still just as heavy as they were before they started the protocol. Reason I say this is because it's simple - you cheat once, you'll always cheat. People come here to read, to see if it's OKAY for them to cheat, they're looking for someone to tell them it's okay so they feel justified cheating.

Fact is, you cannot cheat on HCG if you want optimal results. I've battled this diet for years, yes...years.. It's been 3 years with HCG and I've gone on and off, on and off, on and yet off. I've tried it a final time and I got through 40-days of protocol followed by 3 weeks P3, 3 weeks P4, 40 more days of protocol, 3 more weeks of P3 and 3 more of P4. Now I work out and run, I do kickboxing at the local gym, I haven't gained a pound back in fat, it's muscle. I have tone, I look better than I have all my life (I'm a 29 year old male).

Get it out of your head. You cannot cheat. If you cheat, the diet is over. You best just pick up the vial and toss it out the window and let someone else take it instead, because you gave up on yourself. It is too damned hard to go from nothing (Phase 2) to something (cheating) and then maintain phase 2.

Stop acting like food is the Idol here. It's a damn piece of pizza, it's a damn glass of soda, it's a damn taco, it's a damn burger, etc. It's not going to kill you to be healthy or eat minimal food.

It just proves WHO wants to lose it and WHO doesn't. People that look on the internet for justification on cheating on HCG - just throw it out and tell yourself you'll be fat forever and just cheat. Because that's all you want to do. Give the HCG to someone that can do it, not your unworthy self.
I bet you're still overweight because you cannot live without your pizza and large soda.

You know what feels better or tastes even better than that pizza & soda? Success. If you saw my before and after pictures, I lost 73lbs. I was over 300lbs and now I'm 218lbs, I stand 6' 6". That's my weight for height according to mayoclinic, and I even have tone, my BMI went from 33% to less than 16%.

It's pathetic to read people like you sitting here justifying your pizza and soda. You're the fat person I laugh at now and call absolutely lazy because you cannot lose weight over your own stupidity. How's it feel to buy seatbelt extenders? Or how does it feel to not fit into typical chairs? How does it feel to get out of the shower and look at your fat self in the mirror? Does it feel AS GOOD as eating that pizza and soda?

Loser.
I was cheated on my 7 &8 days on hcg today's my 9th day. do I need to start all the way from the beginning or just keep going on 500 calories??? Please with someone give me there opinion...
I started the HCG drops May 24th, under the tongue 3xs a day by HCGTRIUMPH. I am 5'7 and was at 167. My goal is 135. I have been 95% faithful and weighed in today at 151.4!!!!  That is 16 pounds... Now my body has always done well getting back into shape, and I wore my 167 well (size 9) .. BUT i did cheat yesterday and had a sugar free white chocolate mocha , 32 oz , made with low fat. I drank it 30 minutes after taking my morning HCG. I did make it last 3 hours ... And then I weighed in this morning and was 3 pounds lighter. ..... I also today had 3 oreo cookies (160 calories) ... My sugar cravings have been bad, and I have been doing good fighting them.... Until yesterday. I will see what my weight is on Monday.. and I will be firm with the food the next 3 days . I will repost my weight loss on monday to let you know how badly the cookies/mocha effected me.

As for the headaches, I did have  2 really major ones when i first started, I took advil and that cured it. Have not had any since.

I ALSO READ that you are NOT suppose to excersize the first 3 weeks on HCG> you are suppose to rest and take it easy. Not over do yourself. Now I clean houses for a living, but I also was use to only eating dinner and a few snacks once in awhile. So i am use to cleaning on a empty stomach. BUT I DID read, NO excersize, it will hold you back from loosing the most weight. GOOGLE IT.. this is where i read about it.

ALSO youtube is a great place to get some help with your HCG plan. Look up HCG tips.... there are some good video blogers that have great reciepes and ideas, tips and tricks. and when you are having a late night craving, watch them... it will keep you focused.

Yes I still have 3 weeks to go, but I KNOW i will reach my goal weight.... 20 pounds in 3 weeks i think is easy..

Ill post on monday my weight loss after my mocha and cookie nono, BUT MMMM it was good
Okay, weighed myself today I am up 2 pounds.... SO NO cheating anymore. Not worth it. I am also on my monthly , so this could be a issue to. I met a woman at the dentist office who did HCG and lost 44 pounds in 1 month. She said you can get saliva??? its like a sugar, but sugar free. You can use that in water with a 1/2  a lemon for lemonade. Also you can use it to make a desert with cocoa sugar free powder... (look up chocolate delight hcg on youtube) so i will be getting some of this to cure those sugar cravings. (i think they were so strong due to my monthly) anyways... just thought I would let you know that I did gain weight.. i will weigh myself again in the morning and hope that it will not effect me for 3 days.. what a set back!
I'm on my 10th VLCD, and I have stalled at 220 pounds for 4 days now. It's utterly disappointing. This diet is proving to be very difficult for me. I miss working out and going for runs. I have absolutely no energy to resume normal life. I feel I have lost myself in this diet. I'm so lethargic and have no energy to do normal stuff. I have been able to withstand cheating though I get terrible sugar cravings. I take stevia/xylitol + cocoa powder to cope with this. It removes the crankiness a slight bit. Throughout these 10 days, I have been depressed, irritable and very very cranky.

I want a way out of this cos I realised this protocol is not for me. I for one enjoy working out- gymming, running, boxing. Have been doing that for more than a year now but those were just not giving me the results I wanted and instead, I was on a rebound after losing tons of weight.

What's the best way to weane off this? Do I need to do 3 weeks of Phase3? I swear I cant wait to hit the gym and go for a run again!
OK - so was good until day 7 - at that point I had lost about 4 pounds (or 8 if you include the weight gained on on the load days) - so I was at 153 to start, went to 157 with load... went down to 149 then I traveled and was a jerk for 5 days... when I traveled I ended up basically blowing the diet for 5 days straight - mostly drinking but some eating (beer, wine, vodka)... I gained 4 pounds total and did an apple day upon return - I was at 153.  I did the apple day and was down to 149 again.  Now - I am being VERY strict, and I hope to be at 147 tomorrow... and then to continue losing 2 pounds a day for the rest of this round... if this works, I will be happy.

Has anyone else tried the apple day?  Or been THAT bad for that long?
I'm using sublinqual drops and just over 2wks and 23lbs. so far but I have a lot to lose. I don't know how the shots are because I heard that you have to give them to yourself and that's just not gonna happen for me. I'm terrified of needles...lol I don't want to be fat anymore though so I'm trying the drops and so far so good.

I want to find out what will happen though if I lose control one day and go crazy while still taking the drops and then get right back on the 500 cals the next day. I know I will not lose or maybe even gain a pound but then if I get right back on the wagon it shouldn't be that bad right? I know it will take a couple days to get my body back into ketosis but overall I wonder what the pound impact will be by the end of the month. (ie. Only losing 23lbs. for the month vs. losing 30lbs.?)
I mean this diet is different but really all the trainers/nutritionists I've talked to say it's average cals. for the week not each day that count. If I've been on 500 for the last almost 3wks. and have one bad day and go back to 500 it should even out right?
thanks... i am starting this friday and was trolling on the internet looking for an excuse to cheat before i even started. you made me look at in a whole different light. thanks
the diet is hard for me too. I am on my 6th day and I am thinking of eating normal again. this is really hard my stomach hurts all the time and my head is fuzzy. Im not sure what to do
I started the Hcg diet last week. I am on my 5th day of the diet. I am hungary all the time and have a stomach ache all day. my head is fuzzy and I am thinking of going back to eating again I dont know what to do but this quack diet is terrible. I dont know if I could keep up the 500 calories. simply there are easier diets. this is hard core to the max. I had no idea what I was getting into. my parents have both done the diet many times and have lost tons of wieght. they have tons of there friends doing this HCG too and so I thought I would give it a try. I saw all these people losing weight and doing so great I thought why not.
I might eat agin I dont know what to do
thanks for your fantastic post. I am on my 5th day of hcg and thinking of going back to food again. i mean my stomach hurts all the time and i have headaches and am dizzy I dont know if i can keep this up. i will go to utube and look for those tips right now. I dont know what to do but I feel awful!
your definatly not supposed to excersize on this diet! THAT IS A NO NO AND YOU COULD CRASH! you need to stop and just rest. just go about your normal day and that is all.
you are not supposed to excersize on the hcg diet. this can cause you to crash\
i understand how you feel I LOVE pizza but I found a way to eat it and not worry about all the carbs...make your crust out of cauliflower... I tried it and it is great...Enjoy!