Weight Loss Alternatives Community
lap band surgery
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

lap band surgery

Has anyone had lap band surgery in N.C? preferably in or around the Asheville area. Does anyone know if N.C. medicaid will pay for it?
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I'm not from your area but just from experience, even if insurance does cover the procedure, they will turn you down the first time with some excuse like "it's not medically necessary", or "you haven't tried enough alternative methods."  You just have to keep proving them wrong.  Get all you medical files and show that it is medically necessary.  Typically, your primary care physician will write a letter for you on your behalf.  Again, I don't know if this has helped you at all, but if your insurance does cover it, don't get discouraged when they deny it the first time. Fight back!
Blank
I have been looking a reputable surgeon in Mexico to  preform lab-band surgery. Would appreciate any input. Has anyone heard of Dr. Kuri?
Blank
IM LOOKING FOR THE SAME INFO IF ANYONE KNOWS OF A DR. IN NORTH CAROLINA WHO WILL TAKE MEDICAID FOR DOING THIS SURGERY PLEASE LET ME KNOW ...IM OVER WEIGHT BAD AND MY HEALTH IS GOING DOWN HILL FAST AND IM ONLY 39 AND I WANT TO BE AROUND TO RAISE MY TWO DAUGHTERS .....
Blank
mediicaid in nc DOESN'T PAY FOR LAP BAND ,THEY'LL ONLY PAY FOR THE BY-PASS I JUST FOUND OUT
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Weight Loss Alternatives Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...