Weight Loss Alternatives Community
meridia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

meridia

has any one had any luck with meridia? i'v been on it for 5 weeks now. i'v lost 3lbs thats it. has anyone had any luck on this.
Avatar n tn
I haven't tried that but I am having great luck with Adipex.  I've lost 31 lbs in 8 weeks.  It's a prescription drug.  My doctor prescribed Adipex and he gives me a B12 injection every month.
what dose the B12 shot do for you ? the meridia is to help make you feel full and to curb cravings .the first 4 weeks was only 3 lbs.i was takeing 10 mg so she moved it up to 15 mg.i have not noticed much of a change thank you.
Avatar n tn
I tried Meridia, years ago, it caused terrible headaches and my blood pressure would spike.  I didn't have great results with it.
I wish you the best, but 3lbs in 5 weeks doesn't seem like much, especially at more than $120 a bottle.
Did you doctor put you on a restricted diet with it? Mine didn't, so I assumed whatever I wanted to eat (when I did get hungry) I could but that is obviously not the case.

Try counting calories while you take it, start with 1200 calories a day and decrease until you reach a level where you are still satisfied that you are getting enough to eat and you are losing weight.

Good luck!
Avatar n tn
Yes, meridia might cause some complication. Better to use some natural remedies instead, like this one http://www.herbal-store.net/natural-weight-loss. Better, because natural things at least won't make such harm like syntetical pharmaceuticals like meridia may.
I took meridia for a few months with no sucess.  See if the dr can change the med to something else.  Also, be sure to cut calories/fat.  The pills are not a magic cure and wont drop the pounds for you.  You have to change what you eat.  I'm following a low carb/ lowfat diet.  I take in 10 ounces of protien each day with up to 4 sevings of  low glycemic fruits and veggies daily.  I can eat as much lettuce as I want and I drink a gallon of water a day.  The diet is key, the meds just help you along the way.  GOOD LUCK!!!!!  
Avatar n tn
i was taking meridia i've lost 60 pounds and keept it off i'm starting back up on it hoping to lose more
mishymoshymarcy every day is getting harder... Comment
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
Jun 26
Eliminate This ONE Ingredient and W...
Jun 25 by gymdandee
Track your weight over time