metabolism stuck
my metabolism is stuck and slowing.  I excercise (walk/jog) and lift weights, elipse bike 5 days a week and my diet is 75% veggies.  I am 49 yrs old and cannot drop any weight (4'11'', and 130).   I usually can lose a few pounds by increasing excercise and keeping diet in check but nothing is working. Does caffeine , water intake have to do with this.  I know I'm aging, but I'm usually good at losing. What about blood sugar?  I'm not diabetic.  Please help!!!
How long have you been sticking to your routine? It does got harder as you get older, unfortunately. I'm 34 and it's harder to lose weight than it was five years ago. But it would help to know if you have been on your routine for only a few weeks or much longer. Unless you've stuck to it for a few months, it's probably a matter of being patient. Also, avoid going by your weight. Go by your clothes.

J
Make sure your thyroid levels are where they should be.  If they aren't, that weight will Not budge.  For more info, read Dr. Shames book "feeling fat, fuzzy or frazzled?
i always ask my Dr to give me thyroid hormone because it runs on the low side and I am aften tired and cold and gain easily so maybe it's time to find a new dr. I try to eat a lot of veggies too and i am running out of low fat sauces. I know what you are going through! Life wasn't meant to be a struggle but if seems like it is at times :-(
How do you know your metabolism sucks?
I had my metabolism checked directly. I breathed in this tube for ten minutes and I got a wonderful read out. If you are in Los angeles, go see Delight Medical & wellness center. they have a fabulous doctor specialised in weight managemet that totaly cares. I have been spreading the word about him. he has me on a great plan.
his number is (818)996-1048
only $100 for a full metabolism test. it was interesting.