pain with HCG injection?
Hello all, Today I self injected as I have for the last over 2 weeks and for the first time, the injection really hurt(left upper arm) and a small drop of blood came out. The pain  stayed with me all day. It wasnt horrible but it was annoying. Called my doc office and nurse said perhaps I hit a nerve. has this ever happened to anyone? Im still a bit sore at the site and it feels a bit "raised" where I injected. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank u.
I do the injections in my beely fat with no pain most of the time.  I have had a slight sting on occassion, and one major bruise.  Most of the time it is a breeze.
I AM A SEASONED NURSE WHO HAD A WEAK MOMENT AND BOUGHT INTO HCG INJECTIONS FOR WEIGHT LOSS. I AM HAVING SECOND THOUGHTS NOW BECAUSE OF THE PAIN ASSOCIATED WITH THE INJECTIONS WHEN GIVEN IN THE MUSCLE AS THEY SHOULD BE AND NOT SUBCUTANEOUS INTO FATTY AREAS.
THESE SHOTS HURT LIKE HECK. YOU WILL HAVE KNOTS AT INJECTION SITES AND EVENTUALLY THE AFFECTED AREAS WILL BECOME RIDGID BECAUSE OF THE DEVELOPING SCAR TISSUE YOU GET WITH ANY NEEDLE THAT HITS TISSUE. NOT ONLY DOES THE PAIN OF THE INJECTIONS BOTHER ME, BUT THE EXTREMELY LOW CALORIE DIET IS OF SOME CONCERN TO ME.  THE DIET THE CLINIC I GO TO INSTRUCTS CLIENTS TO EAT NO MORE THAN 500 CALORIES PER DAY.  WOW, YOU MOST DEFINITELY SHOULD LOSE WEIGHT ON THESE CALORIES WITH OR WITHOUT THE INJECTIONS.  THE PROBLEM IS GOING TO BE RAPID WEIGHT GAIN WHEN YOU DO INCREASE CALORIE INTAKE.  LET'S FACE IT, THE MAJORITY OF US ARE NOT GOING TO MAKE THAT BIG OF A LIFESTYLE CHANGE.
I am also a nurse I  have been on the diet a 5 days now and have lost 8lbs.  The first day I was starving the second day I felt better and by the third day I felt great. I was not tired I actually have tons of energy and I am not hungry at all.  The 500cal diet has not been as bad as I thought it was going to be (so far)  The injections are a little painful but not as painful as my back lugging around all this weight. I use a 27g needle and it really is not too bad.  I have read many articles and been on many websites reading about the diet and so far all I have seen is many people losing weight. Losing weight has many health benefits and that is the way I am trying to look at it.
I say give it  a try
I, too, am a nurse.  I am on my third series of the diet.  I LOVE IT!  My prior 2 rounds have resulted in 30 lbs loss each.  Yes, this is not a quick fix if you do not plan on changing your lifestyle, but if you use it as a stepping stone to meet and MAINTAIN your goals, this is amazing.  I'm sure different doc's have different approaches, but I have given myself all of the injections into my abdomen fat... and the weight is melting off.  I suggest more research and talking with others that are on this diet.
I am not a nurse. I too give myself injections right into my belly fat. It does sting sometimes, but just a bit and it goes away quickly. Did have some bruising so I read to not pinch the skin and move the plunger up and down a couple times before filling the syringe. This has helped but still get some stinging or bruising.
I am NOT on the 500 cal but instead chose to go with Dr Lipman's new, updated 800 calories. I eat between 700-800 calories. If I feel a bit hungry I use half a portion of whey protein powder mixed in water with added cinnamon, etc.(50 cal). It curbs the hunger. I am loosing fine with the 800 calories and not hungry and feel great.