Weight Loss Alternatives Community
partial hysterectomy and weight gain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

partial hysterectomy and weight gain

im 37. i had a hysterectomy at 35. i have always been underweight...until now. within one year after the surgery, ive gained 25 lbs. Ive managed to KEEP it at 140lbs, but i cannot lose weight. My gyno dismisses the idea that the surgery had anything to do with the weight gain and blames age and lack of exercise. My diet has not changed drastically since before the surgery.....and never had a problem with weight gain till the surgery. Most of the weight has been on my middle (stomach) and i am very frustrated. Is there anything i can take to lose the weight or the effects of the surgery to add to my weight gain? I KNOW it was the surgery to cause this problem and feel almost as if i made a mistake in going through with it. My metabolism was great before...the drastic weight gain is very depressing