Weight Loss Alternatives Community
prescription water pills
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

prescription water pills

I have thought about ordering prescription water pills but read that they deplete the potassium and electrolytes. Any suggestions as to what kind are the best with least amount of side effects (like depletion)
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
When the doctor prescribed water pills for me (Lasix), he also prescribed potassium pills. Can you not order potassium pills to replace the potassium that is depleted?
Blank
I didn't know they made them. Thanks-I will look into it.
Blank
I have taken Potassium Pills before, due to taking Lasix.  You can also eat 1 banana per day.  Bananas are high in Posassium.
Blank
My general practician presecribed hydrochlorothyazide for monthly water retention.  If you only use it short term, eating a banana is sufficient to compensate for electrolyte loss.  In the states, you don't need a prescription to buy potassium.  It's classified as a natural substance and can be bought at any vitamin retailer.  The rx water pill, though, is easy to come by since it is not an addictive controlled substance.
Blank
Potassium is readily available at Walmarts.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Weight Loss Alternatives Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...