Weight Loss Alternatives Community
question about hcg

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

question about hcg

I have been dieting for years and its not working well for me. I gained weight while pregnant pigging out more then I should have .
I go to the Family Fitness Center 4 times a week and work out on the machines and the stairmaster but its so hard because half the time I want to pass out. I am so tired and have no energy. I have been afraid to take any drugs or appetite suppressants. I keep hearing about hcg and was wondering if anyone has tried this without the drugs that some people are taking with it.
I read that you are losing the weight, but how do you feel on it? because i know that just eating less calories is helping me lose weight slowly but I feel terrible. I have no energy and I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hungry all the time.
I have been on the diet for 21 days now, and am averaging a 1/2 lb a day loss, with very little exercise (bad knees - need replacement surgery). I do as much on the treadmill as my knees will allow 1-2 times a day, and some light weight lifting and 'range of motion' exercises.

I am on Dr Simeon's 500 Calorie a day diet and taking HCG shots 6 days on, 1 day off each week.  I never feel hungry except for late afternoon of the day I don't take the HCG shot (and sometimes the next morning).  I feel great - no irritability like when I was on VLCD (very low Calorie diet) prior to HCG. I am not energetic like some people say they are, but my lab work (required before DR would put me on HCG) showed I had very low Iron. We are working on building that back up.

The HCG for me has made dieting a breeze. I'm also losing inches in places I don't usually lose inches - MY Waist.  I'm actually starting to get one now!!!!!!

Good luck!  I think HCG might help you.

I too am on HCG (Releana) and ahve been for 20 days. I'm losing close to a lb a day and as the previous poseter said ..in places I don't normally lose.   When I first started I thought no way will I be able to survive on 500 cals per day.  But, I've been able to do it.  I have had a day or two that I was pretty hungry. But for the most part I'm not hungry.  My energy level is at least as high as it was and seems to be increasing.  My mood is better too.  

If you are going to try it, please read Dr. Simeon's ino which you can find on the web.  You also need to follow it very carefully. Some are able to cheat more than others, but I cannot cheat at all. If you do, you don't lose weight that day and it may take a day to recover.  I'll also tell you that it has been worth it!   I"ve tried every diet you and imagine and then some and nothing ever worked.  So far this has been working quite well.  Again, educate yourself on the protoco.  

If you do decide to do it, please keep us posted on your progress. It's encouraing to be "surrounded" by others having success!
thanks and I will. I will et you know how it goes, but if it doenst work, please dont be mad at me. lol but trust me I am PRAYING it works. omg you have like no idea because I dont want to be so tired anymore or hungry. i cant do this  anymore. my doctor told me it would take 2-3 YEARS to take off the weight doing it this way I am now. screw that. only took 6 months to get it on. lol

i just want to be able to wear shorts and say...wow, im sexy! and not like..wow, look at those fat rolls. oh and I want to go to the gym and wear a thong work out suit like the skinny beotches that i just want to smash their faces in a pie and scream EATTTTTTTTT!!!! lol

yeah i have issues. can you tell? LOL anyhow, i will keep yu posted. =D
lol I love your posts..but if you look at the above posts..and many..the weight loss they talk about..loseing 1/2 lb a day...11 lbs in 10 days...this is 100% not p[ossible..weight loss yes...........fat loss no...so dont let those #'s mislead you..the body will in no way and cannot lose that kind of fat daily..heres  some notes from a topic on this..

I can confirm that it’s rare to lose more than 1.5 - 2.0 lbs of weight per week without losing some muscle along with it. If you exceed 2.0 to 3.0 pounds per week, the probability of losing muscle is extremely high. If you lose muscle, you are damaging your metabolism and this will lead to a plateau and ultimately to relapse.

12-PART MINI-COURSE
Part 10 of 12
How quickly should you shed your excess pounds? Let me guess ... You want to get rid of them as fast as possible! (like, yesterday, right?)

Yes, we all wish we could melt off the fat "overnight," but supposing you really could take the weight off "lightning fast." Is rapid weight loss is really healthy and safe? And is it permanent?

How much fat loss is realistic? How much is physiologically possible?

I've got bad news for you. You have been lied to over and over about "quick fat loss" and it really irks me that weight loss companies keep getting away with it at your expense!

It's time to bust this myth and uncover the truth.

Train hard and expect success,

Tom Venuto, NSCA-CPT, CSCS
Fat Loss Coach
www.BurnTheFat.com/home

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fat Loss Lie #10: "Fat loss can be quick and permanent"

The "Quick Fat Loss" Lie Exposed

"Lose 30 pounds In 30 Days!"

"Lose 9 Pounds Every 11 Days!"

Lose 10 Pounds This Weekend!

You see ad claims like these all the time, and they sure are enticing, aren't they? They play on our emotions and our desires for instant gratification.

Patience is the one thing you never seem to have when you’ve got a body fat problem. You want the fat gone and you want it gone now! And why not? It seems so do-able. Everywhere you look, you hear promises of quick weight loss and you even see people losing weight quickly.

We have reality TV shows that actually encourage people to attempt “extreme” body makeovers or see who can lose weight the fastest, and the winners (or shall we say, the "losers", as if that's a flattering title to earn), are rewarded generously with fortune, fame and congratulations.

Let’s face it. Everyone wants to get the fat off as quickly as possible - and having that desire is not wrong – it’s simply human nature. However...

Serious Problems Can Occur If You Try To
Force It And Lose Weight Too Quickly

The faster you lose weight, the more muscle you will lose right along with the fat, and that can really mess up your metabolism.

An even bigger problem with fast weight loss is that it just won’t last. The faster you lose, the more likely you are to gain it back. It's the the "yo-yo diet effect" - weight does down, but always comes back up. Think about it: We don’t have a weight loss problem today, we have a “keeping weight off” problem

Weight loss will be the healthiest, safest and most likely to be permanent if you set your goal for about two pounds per week (and even if you lose only a single pound each week, that is healthy progress). This is the recommendation of almost every legitimate and respected dietician, nutritionist, exercise physiologist and personal trainer on the planet, as well as exercise organizations such as the American College of Sports Medicine and the American Dietetic Association.

Are there any exceptions? Yes. It may be ok to lose more than two pounds per week if you have a lot of weight to lose, because the rate of weight loss tends to be relative to your total starting body weight. Generally the rule is that it’s safe to lose up to 1% of your total body weight per week, so if you weigh 300 lbs to start, then 3 lbs a week is a reasonable goal.

But there IS a catch.

What Really Matters Is Not How Much WEIGHT
You Lose, But How Much FAT You Lose

Where did your weight loss come from? Did you lose body fat or lean body mass? "Weight" is not the same as "fat." Weight includes muscle, bone, internal organs as well as lots and lots of water.

Let’s look at an example with some numbers so you can really grasp this concept of weight versus fat and then you can see, illustrated with specific examples, what will happen when you lose weight too quickly.

As an example, let’s take a 260 pound man who has a lot of body fat to lose - let’s call it 32%. With 32% fat, a 260 pounder has 83.2 pounds of body fat and 176.8 pounds of lean mass. Using this example, let’s look at a few possible scenarios with losses ranging from two to four pounds per week.

Weight Loss Scenario 1:

Suppose our 260 pound subject loses four full pounds instead of the recommended two pounds per week. Is this bad? Well, let’s see:

If he loses a half a percent of body fat, here are his body composition results:

256 lbs
31.5% body fat
80.6 lbs fat
175.4 lbs lean body mass

Out of the four pounds lost, 2.8 pounds were fat and 1.2 were lean mass. Not a disaster, but not good either. Thirty percent of the weight lost was lean tissue.

Weight Loss Scenario 2:

If he loses a half a percent of body fat and only three pounds, here are his results:

257 lbs
31.5% body fat
80.9 lbs fat
176.1 lbs lean body mass

These results are better. Although he lost less body weight than scenario one, in this instance, 2.3 pounds of fat and only 0.7 lbs of lean mass were lost.

Weight Loss Scenario 3:

What if he only lost two pounds? Here are the results:

258 lbs
31.5% body fat
81.2 lbs fat
176.8 lbs lean body mass

These results are perfect. Even though our subject has only lost two pounds, which seems slow, 100% of the two pound weight loss came from fat and he kept ALL the muscle!

Weight Loss Scenario 4:

Now let’s suppose he loses three pounds but he loses more body fat: .8%

257 lbs
31.2% body fat
80.2 lbs fat
176.8 lbs lean body mass

These are the best results of all. When the weekly fat loss is .8% (better than average), 100% of the three pounds lost is fat. So as you can see, yes, it’s safe to lose more than two pounds per week… but only if the weight fat. If you lose three or four pounds per week, and you know it’s all fat, not lean tissue, then more power to you! If you lose four pounds and two of those pounds are muscle, you just shot yourself in the foot!

If as little as 20%-30% of your weight loss comes from muscle, when compounded over a few months, you’re talking about a massive muscle tissue loss which can dramatically slow down your metabolism, weaken you and turn you into nothing more than a “skinny fat person” (that's a person with low body weight because they lost so much muscle, but still holding stubborn fat because they shut down their metabolism).

Don't Be Fooled By Water Weight Losses

One thing you should also know is that it’s very common to lose 3 - 5 pounds in the first week on nearly any diet and exercise program and often even more on low carb diets. Just remember, its NOT all fat - WATER LOSS IS NOT FAT LOSS!

The faster you lose weight, the more muscle you will lose right along with the fat, and that can really mess up your metabolism.(and no HCG will not stop muscle loss)

those diets that make you not eat at all, and fast or the ones that have ytou wear suits that make you swaet out water are stupid, because all you are losing is water weightnot fat at all. but people look on the scale and go wow, its saying I am 10 pounds less. then they drink a glass of water and gain half back lol hello!
but one thing that the hcg diet does stress that you have to drink all that water, so they arent losing water weight I guess. and if they are exercising to build muscle that burns the fat, they they arent losing muscle weight either. so it must be fat, becuase what the heck is left? lol
It works, Satriana, hcg works. Google HCG diet support groups and you will find many that have nothing but great people with positive things to say. Many of these people were hundreds of #'s overweight and are now looking great and living in health. Find a better site than this for the support and advice you'll be able to use!
I just cant figure out how it works. I am not one to walkinto the street blindly for the most part, even if I seem like it.
The numbers just dont add up.  Even with the mind set that hcg works...Even saying YES, you will lose weight...

the numbers just dont add up.
Are you doing the HCG injections yourself?  If yes, where did you get it?  If not, any chance your doctor is in the Illinois are?  One can hope.
I don't even know where to begin to find a doctor in my area that will prescribe HCG.
I'm using Releana's HCG.  You put some under your tongue twice a day.  It seems a whole lot easier than the shots. Google Releana and you'll find the site.    Also, go to  http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/HCGDIET    (hopefully I did that right!)  Look in the database...they list some docs but I didn't see one in ILL, but I have heard of some there.    

Another idea is to do a search on this forum and see if you can find one there.   Hope you do!!!

I have been on HCG (releana drops) for two weeks.  I went to the Dr. this morning and through two weeks, I've lost 22 1/2 lbs.  This is allot I know but I was weighing 327 when I started.  As for all the skepticism from people either thinking of trying it or just not buying it.....  forget what you "think" you know from prior experience or have been told from someone who has a vested interest in you trying there product (other sites or weight loss solutions).  I've done the Body for life challenge a few years ago and completed all 12 weeks.  This program involves eating 6 small meals a day and abbreviated weight lifting to shed the fat and get healthy.  I was down to 250lbs. and feeling pretty good but, like most diets, the kicker was you had to buy certain products that the founder of the contest (the company is EAS) sold to truly see weight loss.  I lost twelve lbs. in a week more than once while on that program and my strength was increasing.  

My point is that that program follows the traditional line of thinking of ....  "more than 2-3 lbs. a week will result in a loss of muscle."  

NOT BUYING IT...

I understand that there are "health" issues that should be respected / monitored if a person is losing weight rapidly but I'll stand in front of any "non-believer" right now and show them how I've lost weight and inches in places that after 12 weeks of lifting and eating 6 small meals a day didn't begin to effect (thighs, buttocks).  I'm feeling stronger now (and I haven't lifted a weight in the two weeks I've been on releana) than I did when I was lifting all the time.  Also, my blood pressure was 155 /119, two weeks ago today and as of this morning (testing at the same place at the same time of day) was 112/82.  I've had high blood pressure for 4 years, sometimes being as high as 177/130 so this to me is truly amazing.  

The thing about the releana is that it's based on the concept of mobilizing the fat that's stored in those areas of "your" body that are most prone to storing it (hence all the postings about "losing weight in areas they've never experienced"), and using "it" as the energy to get through your day vs. traditional low cal diets, which start to you muscle for energy, etc.  

Since I've been on it (other than the first two days) my appetite has been under control.  It's really true that after a few days your body will adapt and you can get through the day without the headaches and hunger pains and what's great is that you get to wake up every morning and truly recognize your daily achomplishments because every day your clothes get a little more loose.  

There's always gonna be cynics out there but take it from someone who's tries all the diets out there in the past.....  This isn't a "cure all" or a miracle drug.  You have to be disciplined.  There will be a night  when you feel like cheating, but like anything you must make a choice and live with it.  HCG will work if you stick to it.....  

Satriana is a fightu plant...don't respond.....
Hey Joe - Awesome progress!!!    I"m very glad to see your post.  As you saw above you, I too am on Releana...we are definitely in the minority.  It's nice to have someone to have to ask questions to!!   So I hope you'll keep posting.      I have been on it since June 10th and have lost almost 18 lbs.  They say women lose slower on this than guys do.   Plus I took the 4th of July off and that set me back about 3 days.  

Keep up the good work!  
I ASKED HIM ABOUT HCG........HERE IS HIS REPLY......

I'd be extremely skeptical about anything Mr. Trudeau says... he is a
complete charlattan. Regardless, as far as I know HCG is no weight
loss cure....
IN NO WAY DOES ANYFORM OF HCG WORK OTHER THEN INJECT..
PS HCG DOES NOT HELP WITH WEIGHT LOSS..READ BELOW..I DARE YOU TO SHOW ME HOW & WHY IT DOES.....

OK FORGET FOR 1 MIN THAT YOUR UNDER TRUDEAS SPELL.......READ WHAT HCG IS...AND DOES..AND SHOW ME WHERE IT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH WEIGHT LOSS ?? OK TRY IT..I DARE YA........

hCG interacts with the LHCG receptor and promotes the maintenance of the corpus luteum during the beginning of pregnancy causing it to secrete the hormone progesterone. Progesterone enriches the uterus with a thick lining of blood vessels and capillaries so that it can sustain the growing fetus. Due to its highly negative charge hCG may repel the immune cells of the mother, protecting the fetus during the first trimester. It has also been hypothesized that hCG may be a placental link for the development of local maternal immunotolerance. For example, hCG-treated endometrial cells induce an increase in T cell apoptosis (dissolution of T-cells). These results suggest that hCG may be a link in the development of peritrophoblastic immune tolerance and may facilitate the trophoblast invasion which is known to expedite fetal development in the endometrium.[1] It has also been suggested that hCG levels are linked to the severity of morning sickness in pregnant women.[2]

Because of its similarity to LH, hCG can also be used clinically to induce ovulation in the ovaries as well as testosterone production in the testes. As the most abundant biological source is women who are presently pregnant, some organizations collect urine from gravidae to extract hCG for use in fertility treatment.

----------AND  also HCG is hundreds of ammino acids...(proteins) again..protein is good yes..but does not 'trick' your body into release fat stores...its 100% nonsense..
Unlike Dr. Simeon's Weight Loss Cure, most diets programs do not work because they do not address the root cause of obesity. The weight you lose on most diet and exercise programs is often not in "problem area fat" like that seen in your hips, thighs and buttocks.

Most diet and exercise programs cause you to lose water, structural fat and muscle.

People with excessive weight issues tend to share three similarities:

You suffer with a low metabolism. This means your body simply does not burn the food you eat as fuel as efficiently as someone operating with a higher metabolism. Naturally thin people burn calories and food quickly. Overweight individuals do not. To cure obesity, the challenge of operating with a low metabolism must be solved and the weight loss cure does exactly that.
You are often hungry. A heavy person is physically more hungry than a naturally thin person. This is a real physiological response to the body requiring more fuel because of the increased size of their bodies. This is not a mental or psychological issue. It is a real physical issue that is addressed by the weight loss cure.
You often eat when not hungry. Compulsive eating, emotional eating and unnatural food cravings all fall into this category. This is a physical response that must also be addressed and Dr. Simeon's weight loss cure protocol also addresses this issue.
Using the Weight Loss Cure Protocol, all of these issues are addressed and handled easily. You can expect to lose an average of one pound per day without feeling hungry. You will lose fat from the problem areas like your hips, thighs, and buttocks without having to exercise.

You will see your body transformed and reshaped as if you had undergone liposuction.

You will enjoy encreased energy and will begin losing weight from day one. You will lose inches from all the problem areas and you will experience a dramatic flattening of the stomach (especially men).

The Weight Loss Cure Protocol will reset your metabolism to that of a normal skinny person. This means, when you have finished the protocol, your body will burn food for fuel more efficiently and you will not feel abnormally hungry. You will not have to deal with willpower or deprivation ever again.

The Weight Loss Cure Protocol, normally a three to six week program, is designed to cause the natural release of these secure fat deposits, reset your metabolism and reset your hypothalamus gland (which controls hunger).

with all do respect...you said..
"The weight you lose on most diet and exercise programs is often not in "problem area fat" like that seen in your hips, thighs and buttocks. "
this is a sales pitch...just like you can not spot reduce..this is not true....you lose fat from fat cells....1 stage at a time..with me..my top 4 abs are 1st..last 2 take for ever...but i lose in my face 1st...but there is no such thing as 'trouble spots' or 'abnormal spots' this is a sales pitch..seems to be working...
and all these so called your fat and can not lsoe because of this and that..like metabolism....1st off the THYROID is the factor in weight loss..more then the HYPO as is ANDRENAL GLANDS..but even then..these are not excuses...my thyroid is blown out..and will never work the same again ,from years of loseing weight to fast to compete...true..but does that mean I cant be skinny....no just I have to work harder...

you typed

"The Weight Loss Cure Protocol, normally a three to six week program, is designed to cause the natural release of these secure fat deposits, reset your metabolism and reset your hypothalamus gland (which controls hunger). "
  sounds great !! but so so false...........'secure fat deposits is a made up term' and you in no way will..nor can 'RESET' your metoblism....and if his big cure is the HYPOTHALAMUS with controls hunger ? and..who cares..try will power..the master hormone is the thyroid..but so many books are on that so trudeau picked this..VERY..VERY SMART MAN !! thyroid regulates metabolism..fact...it also controls body temp. as does adrenal glands.
you keep typing "can in no way", "is 100% false", "is so so false", "you in no way will". you are wrong. the doctor that discovered this process through looking at it in a whole new way, did come up this the term "secure fat deposits". yes, he made it up from his observations as someone who was looking for the underlying problems associated with obesity. 20 years of it. he wasn't just messing with the symptoms as almost everyone else is. yes, the hypothalamus is messed up, and you don't want us to fix it? just use will power??? thanks alot and how compassionate. all you who are morbidly obese hear that? oh yes, you've heard it a million times from a society that hates you and doesn't give a hoot about what is put into our foods. son, you struggle with will power all your life. i'm getting my metabolism/hunger regulator (hypothalamus) fixed so that i can eat and not worry, like a life-long skinny person does. yes, the thyroid is involved too. who cares...i'm getting fixed. and i always stay away from junk food, fast food and all over man-manipulated foods. that's all the will power i will need, and i won't be hungry all the time.
btw - i didn't type this - a doctor did. i used your old friend, cut and paste.
"did come up this the term "secure fat deposits".

THERE IS NO SUCH THING...zero my dear...its  sale hook......and pitch..and its working it seems..
I know more about FAT CELLS then anyone you know...and its odd..HCG get rid of fat cells.....but yet in the 3rd trimester of pregnancy...the mommy gives there child there # of fat cells for life....hmm...
jeeziepeeps....who cares!!! If taking hcg gets people who are overweight to eat healthier and lose the weight, then let them. I dont care of if its ****, placenta, or goat fecal...well ok gota fecal is over doing it...but my point is....THEY ARE LOSING WEIGHT - regardless. Let them believe anything they want - regardless - because we all know that half the problem is the negative feelings and thinking when going in to a diet. If someone goes in to the program, with the will to make it work, it will work. I think thats the most important fact thats over looked.

I think the missed point to any of this is that people are losing. So who cares how. I think we should all take a breath, sit back and support one another regardless of our methods. Lets be happy for one another and say "way to go, keep up the good work" and just live and let live.
yes people are loseing from 1st cleansing = 5=10 lbs loss...........then 500 calories a day should = 5-15 lbs a week.....HCG got nothingh to do with it..
Oh give us a break ! we AERE GOING TO DOOOOO THE PROGRAM!!!!!!!    GO Save someone else!
I honestly dont care how they are losing. I am VERY happy they are losing weight no matter how its done. These are people who have tried everything under the sun and came up sorry and sad. But now, they are losing weight and feeling great. Isnt that the most important aspect?
My close friend is doing hcg and is very happy. I am watching her shrink and I support her whole heartedly.  Just because I dont or cant do it for me, doesnt mean I am down on the program as a whole.  
Honestly its just not worth getting so upset over and blogging to death either point of the arguement.
I really think people need the encouragement   I got it when I first got on the forum ( Feb 07) and I'm stilling losing on the program. I'm on my second go reound and my Doctor is amaized at the muscle tone  and my weight loss. I really think there are people that are paid to get on the forum to distract us and I for one will not respond to the negitivity in the future.   Thanks
I agree with Satriana.  I don't really care how it works, the facts are is that IT DOES WORK and as a result people are getting their lives back.  For anyone who really wants to find out current information go to the link:  http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/HcgDieters/  .  You will find great information, tons of people losing and links of where to buy.  PS after discussing this with co-workers, I found someone who actually lost weight at a clinic in the mid 70's, then the gov shut it down.  Read KT's book as well as the Dr's original protocol (on the above mentioned website) and all of this will make much more sense. You wonder why the rest of the world is thin and we are fat; they have access to hcg and it is working!
the yahoo site is run from a dr. who sells  HCG  ...so..
You've got to be joking.  There are several sites listed to buy from, not just one and hundreds of people who have posted their weight loss.  You are beating a dead horse, no one is making money from the support group site, it just gives lots and lots of information for people who have tried and tried everything and are desperate.