Weight Loss Alternatives Community
'recovered' anorexic
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

'recovered' anorexic

i live with my cousin who was diagnosed with and treated for anorexia approximately five years ago.  since being released from the program she has made incredible strides in her disease, i.e. eating regularly, eating in public, gaining a little bit of weight.  however, she is still far from being healthy and she cannot see it.  she eats nothing but raw vegetables and bread.  she eats less if she plans on going out drinking because she needs to "save calories for the beer she is going to drink".  it has come to the point that she is talking about beginning a workout regimine.  she constantly talks about how she thinks she's gotten fat and that she needs to loose weight.  she is 5'6 and maybe 105lbs. on top of this any blemish on her face is enough to make her cry.  for instance she just got a pimple--not a zit, a pimple--and her eyes welled up with tears, she called a dermatologist, and refused to go out tonight because it "makes her feel ugly". i have tried to convince her to go to counselling, she says she agrees but then does not go.  i am at a complete and utter loss for what i should do.  if anyone has any suggestions i would appreciate them.

thanks.