Weight Loss Alternatives Community
shots-pills- I am confused- please help clear up

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

I have been reading about the b-12 shots and different prescription medicines and I am confused by it all. Does a Dr. evaluate you in order to prescribe these different drugs and shots or can anyone take them no matter how much weight you need to loose? I am 34,healthy and do not have high blood pressure. I only need to loose 20-25 lbs but I seem to fluctuate between the same 5 lbs no matter what I do. I weight train for an hour 2 times a week and cardio for 1 hour 3 times a week. The cardio is either cycle or kick box. I also watch what I eat and if I want say a cocktail with dinner, I leave off carbs. So I food trade alot to keep calories and carbs down. I have been doing this for 5 months with no real movement in the scale. My thyroid has been checked and it ok. I have had 3 children via c-section so the middle section is my worse area.
So I am looking at the different treatments and I am thinking maybe something there could jump start and help the weight come down. I am just not sure how or what you ask for and what criteria is used to determine what you need. Do I just need a water pill and can I just go to Eckerds and pick it up? Any tips would be appreciated. Thank you.
Thank you. Can you just buy these shots without a prescription and should you see a Dr first to know if it's ok for your own body? I notice some say they give themselves shots and others I see are mentioning getting shots at the Dr office. Are there 2 different types being discussed. These sound like a wonder shot, why is this not advertised?
I am sorry to ask so many questions but I have never heard of this before.
I take 500 mg of b-12 in a pill form. Is there anything pill wise which would be enough b-12 and have the lipotronics in it as well? I know a shot gets to your faster but until I figure out what insurance will cover with my Dr I was hoping there might be an alternative to get me started. I have bc/bs of NC with Dr copays. I am hoping that will help with cost. I am a little nervous about ordering meds on line with all I hear about bad medicines.
Is it the price the same if you order online or go through the local pharmacy with a Dr rx?

Thank you both for your help and answers.
How do you know these vials are really what they say they are?  They could be saline solution for all you know.  Personally, I think it is a crock of ****.  You can lose weight without it.  B 12 does not make anyone lose weight.  You have to do that with diet and exercise.  I don't know about the lipotropics.  I think they are something you can buy at the store.  
People, please don't blow your money on this phooey.  You can do it without all this stuff.
My family doctor told me that the shots can cause valvue damage... has anyone else heard about this?
Well, the key to weight loss is diet and exercise, however, it is not always that easy. The B-12 gives you entergy which will make you feel like working out... I have been taking B-12 shots since I was a teen for fatigue and it is a great booster. I take is once a month or every other month. If you take a B-12 alone you will understand. I am not sure about the other, but I am going to try the Amino Acids shot. I was told you get it from the pharmacia in Mexico for $60.00 and inject it yourself. Suppose to see drastic results after 30 days ... But again that is will diet and exercise
HCG is a protein but acts as a DRUG. It CAN have side effects that are discussed in detail on the Forum ... someplace.

RULE # 1: Drugs should only be taken under a doctor's supervision or with their knowledge or you risk your health.

Good news is that the HCG Therapy is usually short term - for weeks not months. You mentioned heart damage. Folks with that usually have the problems after taking a drug for many months, or years. However, there is always the rare exception! Look at Rule #1.
> I was told you get it from the pharmacies in Mexico for
> $60.00 and inject it yourself.

Most pharmacies in Mexico sell Gonakor (2500 U.I. or 2.5 CCs) made by Sanfer (Laboratorios Sanfer, S.A. de C.V.) and it sells for about $18-$25. The box is dated and a fresh one will be good for some 18 months. It doesn't have to be refrigerated but some pharmacists recommend it because storage has to be under 75 degrees F. In northern Mexico thse days, outdoor temps are over 100.

You still need syringes (100 I.U. Insulin syringes work best), and alcohol swabs.

HCG is a natural protein hormone but acts as a DRUG. It CAN have side effects that are discussed in detail on the Forum ... someplace. Some are nasty.

Drugs should only be taken under a doctor's supervision or with their knowledge or you risk your ... health.