Weight Loss Alternatives Community
slight insight on HCG and those for it/against it

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

(I posted this as an answer to someone else, but I thought it was pretty good *smile* and wanted to make it a new posting, so maybe it will help those who are unsure). Think Thin!!!
-------------------------
I think if everyone stops, takes a deep breath, then re-reads the actual text of what hcg does, you will realize we are all wrong, and yet all correct. I will explain.... a moment of your time is all I need, and I appreciate you reading my post.

First of all, hcg (injections, subcutaneous) has been around for decades, and like many other pharmaceutical agents, it has many uses. Yes, its helpful for men in testicular issues, in women with infertility, and has been used in other ways like prevention or lowering painful menses in patients with Endometriosis.
There are many agents that have numerous uses, for example benadryll. Its used for allergies, sleep aids, colds...and on and on.

Now read my whole next sentence before you fly off at me...hcg will not make you lose weight. (hang on dieters, I am getting to it) It will release the nutrients and water from fat cells (adipose), a natural occurrence in pregnant women, but in doing so, it reduces the size of those fat cells. In conjunction with a vlcd,(very low calorie diet) exercise and drinking PLENTY of fluids (preferably 96 oz daily), you WILL lose weight. Because you are using your natural stored energy from the adipose, you do not need to eat as much food, but still burn off your regular daily calories. THIS is what makes you lose the weight. Its ALL in how you say it. If you want to be exactly and literal, hcg will not make you lose weight, but it IS a weight loss aid if used CORRECTLY.

Overall health will improve and you will lose inches, due to the adipose becoming smaller. Whether you are skinny or far, you have the same number of 'fat cells' or adipose, but when we eat in excessive amounts of calories, our bodies tend to store (genetically made to do this since the stone age) that excess into the adipose, thus increasing the size of the cell. So you dont "gain" fat cells, you just make your existing ones BIGGER.

SO if you say "hcg will not make you lose weight" - you are correct. It wont. You must do a low cal diet, and exercise to lose weight. HOWEVER, hcg WILL release nutrients stored in your adipose to allow you to stay on a vlcd, not feel hungry, and adequately give your body the energy, and nutrients it needs while you are slimming down.

While the FDA states hcg is not a weight loss product, they are correct. Its not. But you have to read on past the BIG BOLD scary statements and read what it DOES do, and how it can AID YOU in losing weight EFFECTIVELY.

That's the brass ring, the big banana the top hat winner of them all.

-That Girl over there
why do you suppose the HCG keeps getting moe expensive
Thank you, this is very interresting!
sorry that should have been more expensive
i think i might be for it !
Well, it's working for me, and my best friend too.  She has lost 21 inches in 6 weeks.  Not water weight, actual inches.  We are under doctors care.
very very good post..and well explained..you said..

"It will release the nutrients and water from fat cells (adipose), a natural occurrence in pregnant women, but in doing so, it reduces the size of those fat cells. In conjunction with a vlcd,"

well a VLCD with out HCG does the same thing..FACT.. its energy in..vs out..when you eat to lil for the body..the body will release fat from fat cells to mkae up for the defficit ..and to think your going to trick the body so simple..as well educated as you seem...you should know better...makeing your body think your pregant is not healthy...and you  did read this can cause probs with being pregnant later correct  ? and birft defects..and yes even at those amounts...so I aks you again....why inject urine to eat 500 cals and lose weight..when most people can not inject urine..and eat 800-1000 cals and lose weight..real weight..that will not come right back when HCG is stopped...this is just a 'trick' a 'shortcut' and in the end I will be 100% right..this is a fad and will not work long term..like with drugs that 'try' to tell your brain your not hungry...those are my fav !  and ALLI the new OTC  pill...lol junk...and if you will id like your reply to why not do it the way I said..vs HCG..it wa a pleasure to read your post...
I'm not injecting urine, and i am eating all i want. again, i am under doctors care! my doc knows everyone is different and everyone needs different calorie intakes.  
?? if your injecting HCG thats urine...if your not...not sure why your here..or replying..lol
hcg is extracted from urine then purified.  If you were to put urine in your body, you would die from the toxins.
That's similar to what I've been saying, but HCG does play an invaluable role in this diet.  You can lose on a 500 cal diet w/out HCG but can you stay on that diet?  I've been on both diets: 500 Calorie 'with' HCG and 500 calorie 'without' HCG. (Read my post about that from 6/15).  Believe me - this is sooooooooo much easier to do this 500 Cal diet WITH HCG than it was without.  Without,  I was miserable, hungry constantly and couldn't stick with the diet.  I'm on my 12th day dieting with HCG this time, and it's a breeze. The weight is coming off and I feel great.

I've also fasted (on water only) for 14 days for medical reasons. 2 people at the clinic where I was, fasted for 40 days. What you said about your body getting the nutrients it needs from "stored fat" in your fat cells is why overweight people can fast for that long.  Fasting is actually easier than doing a 500 Calorie diet WITHOUT HCG.  When you are eating 'some foods' your body is craving more, except on HCG. When you are not eating at all, hunger pangs go totally away after 4-5 days.
HCG= pregant womens urine
such insight!
HCG is FOUND in urine, its not urine. I repeat, Pregnancy tests measure the levels of hCG in the blood or urine, its not as if we are injecting urine. It is EXTRACTED from the Urine.

It also has many other VERY good functions medically that have been administered for decades. You are an quite ignorant if you think this is just a fad type of substance or that its harmful. DO you know that the hcg injections for weightloss is 125ui, and the amount given to women who are trying to conceive is in the 10,000's? And thats for women who are TRYING to get pregnant.
FACT:
hCG is extensively used as a parenteral fertility medication in lieu of luteinizing hormone. In the presence of one or more mature ovarian follicles, ovulation can be triggered by the administration of hCG. As ovulation will happen about 40-45 hours after the injection of hCG, procedures can be scheduled to take advantage of this time sequence. Thus, patients who undergo IVF, typically receive hCG to trigger the ovulation process, but have their eggs retrieved at about 36 hours after injection, a few hours before the eggs actually would be released from the ovary.

As hCG supports the corpus luteum, administration of hCG is used in certain circumstances to enhance the production of progesterone.

In the male, hCG injections are used to stimulate the leydig cells to synthesize testosterone. The intratesticular testosterone is necessary for spermatogenesis from the sertoli cells. Typical indications for hCG in men include hypogonadism and fertility treatment.

Production
Like other gonadotropins, hCG can be extracted from urine or by genetic modification. Pregnyl, Follutein, Profasi, and Novarel use the former method, derived from the urine of pregnant women. Ovidrel, on the other hand, is a product of recombinant DNA. Novarel and hCG from APP are typically considered generics in the United States.

Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) is a peptide hormone produced in pregnancy.

More specifically:(and all scientifically) hCG is an oligosaccharide glycoprotein composed of 244 amino acids with a molecular mass of 36.7 kDa.
It is heterodimeric, with an α (alpha) subunit identical to that of luteinizing hormone (LH), follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), and thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) and β (beta) subunit that is unique to hCG.

The α (alpha) subunit is 92 amino acids long and has dimensions 60x25x15 angstroms (6x2.5x1.5 nm).
HCG is encoded by six highly homologous genes which are arranged in tandem and inverted pairs on chromosome 19q13.3 - CGB(1,2,3,5,7,8).
The two subunits create a small hydrophobic core surrounded by a high surface area to volume ratio 2.8 times that of a sphere. The vast majority of the outer amino acids are hydrophilic.

hCG interacts with the LHCG receptor and promotes the maintenance of the corpus luteum during the beginning of pregnancy causing it to secrete the hormone progesterone. Progesterone enriches the uterus with a thick lining of blood vessels and capillaries so that it can sustain the growing fetus. Due to its highly negative charge hCG may repel the immune cells of the mother, protecting the fetus during the first trimester. It has also been hypothesized that hCG may be a placental link for the development of local maternal immunotolerance. For example, hCG-treated endometrial cells induce an increase in T cell apoptosis (dissolution of T-cells). These results suggest that hCG may be a link in the development of peritrophoblastic immune tolerance and may facilitate the trophoblast invasion which is known to expedite fetal development in the endometrium.[1] It has also been suggested that hCG levels are linked to the severity of morning sickness in pregnant women.[2]

Because of its similarity to LH, hCG can also be used clinically to induce ovulation in the ovaries as well as testosterone production in the testes. As the most abundant biological source is women who are presently pregnant, some organizations collect urine from gravidae to extract hCG for use in fertility treatment.

Because it is a natural occurance that the female body releases body fat to sustain a embryo, taking hcg with a vlcd will give your body the energy and nutrients to sustain itself while shrinking the fat cells.

You mentioned that you can do this without the HCG and just eat 500 calories, but you are wrong. If you ONLY eat 500 calories, you may lose some weight at first, but your metabolism will shut down because your body will feel its in STARVATION mode without the added nutrienst. Your body will then store what little food you eat and slow down, which is why people who starve themselves on diets are tired, run down and have a poor appearance.

If you want to spew anymore ill advised gibberish at me, just know, I am trained in the medical field, and will discount any falsehoods you post.  I am not trying to be mean, but I really do not like when people make biased claims, or shout uneducated opinions without at least taking a moment to read up on what they are claiming to know all about.
all this looks & sounds smart..but you people always seem to leave out the boys testies..the steroid world...and risks...odd..
KUDOS!   EXCELLENT REBUTAL - HURRAY FOR YOU.  Someone finally put 'fight u' in 'its' place.
If you had taken the time to read my post, I did cover a portion for men. I just didn't think I had to cover for the stupidity of athletes taking steroids as well...but here you go, I shall enlighten you even more.

HCG is not an anabolic/androgenic steroid but a natural protein hormone which develops in the placenta of a pregnant woman.  It has luteinizing characteristics since it is quite similar to the luteinizing hormone LH in the anterior pituitary gland.

The commercially available HCG can be used both in men and women.(we discussed what it does for men and women, but lets move on to Athletes who use steroids since you brought it up for conversation)

In a man the luteinizing hormone stimulates the Leydig's cells in the testes; this in turn stimulates production of androgenic hormones (testosterone). For this reason athletes use injectable HCG to increase the testosterone production. HCG is often used in combination with anabolic/androgenic steroids during or after treatment.
As mentioned, oral and injectable steroids cause a negative feedback after a certain level and duration of usage. A signal is sent to the hypothalamohypophysial testicular axis since the steroids give the hypothalamus an incorrect signal. The hypothalamus, in turn, signals the hypophysis to reduce or stop the production of FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) and of LH. Thus, the testosterone production decreases since the testosterone-producing Leydig's cells in the testes, due to decreased LH, are no longer sufficiently stimulated. Since the body usually needs a certain amount of time to get its testosterone production going again, the athlete, after discontinuing steroid compounds, experiences a difficult transition phase which often goes hand in hand with a considerable loss in both strength and muscle mass. Administering HCG directly after steroid treatment helps to reduce this condition because HCG increases the testosterone production in the testes very quickly and reliably. In the event of testicular atrophy caused by megadoses and very long periods of usage, HCG also helps to quickly bring the testes back to their original condition (size).
Since occasional injections of HCG during steroid intake can avoid a testicular atrophy, many athletes use HCG for two to three weeks in the middle of their steroid treatment.
It is often observed that during this time the athlete makes his best progress with respect to gains in both strength and muscle mass. The reasons for this is clear. On the one hand, by taking HCG the athlete's own testosterone level immediately jumps up and, on the other hand, a large concentration of anabolic substances in the blood is induced by the steroids.
Many bodybuilders, powerlifters, and weightlifters report a lower sex drive at the end of a difficult workout cycle, immediately before or after a competition, and especially toward the end of a steroid treatment. Athletes who have often taken steroids in the past usually accept this fact since they know that it is a temporary condition. Those, however who are on the juice all year round, who might suffer psychological consequences or who would perhaps risk the breakup of a relationship because of this should consider this drawback when taking HCG in regular intervals. A reduced libido and spermatogenesis due to steroids in most cases, can be successfully cured by treatment with HCG.

Most athletes, however, use HCG at the end of a treatment in order to avoid a "crash," that is, to achieve the best possible transition into "natural training." A precondition, however, is that the steroid intake or dosage be reduced slowly and evenly before taking HCG. Although HCG causes a quick and significant increase of the endogenic plasmatestosterone level, unfortunately it is not a perfect remedy to prevent the loss of strength and mass at the end of a steroid treatment. The athlete will only experience a delayed re-adjustment, as has often been observed. Although HCG does stimulate endogenous testosterone production, it does not help in reestablishing the normal hypothalamic/pituitary testicular axis. The hypothalamus and pituitary are still in a refractory state after prolonged steroid usage, and remain this way while HCG is being used, because the endogenous testosterone produced as a result of the exogenous HCG represses the endogenous LH production. Once the HCG is discontinued, the athlete must still go through a re-adjustment period. This is merely delayed by the HCG use.
For this reason experienced athletes often take Clomid and Clenbuterol following HCG intake or they immediately begin another steroid treatment.

Some take HCG merely to get off the "steroids" for at least two to three weeks.

Side effects (since you said I don't mention all the risks and negatives; here are some negatives for the boys on the roids....)

Higher doses of HCG after the intake of steroids can in part cause side effects similar to those of injectable testosterone. A higher testosterone production also goes hand in hand with an elevated estrogen level which could result in gynecomastia. This could manifest itself in a temporary growth of breasts or reinforce already existing breast growth in men. Farsighted athletes thus combine HCG with an antiestrogen. Male athletes also report more frequent erections and an increased sexual desire. In high doses it can cause acne vulgaris and the storing of minerals and water. The last point must especially be observed since the water retention which is possible through the use of HCG could give the muscle system a puffy and watery appearance. Athletes who have already increased their endogenous testosterone level by taking Clomid and intend subsequently to take HCG could experience considerable water retention and distinct feminization symptoms (gynecomastia, tendency toward fat deposits on the hips). This is due to the fact that high testosterone leads to a high conversion rate to estrogens. In very young athletes HCG, like anabolic steroids, can cause an early stunting of growth since it prematurely closes the epiphysial growth plates.

Feel Better? I know I do.
very well done...just 1 lil thing...im still waiting for proof ?
duh ??  lol proof please...from 1 studie NOT claimed by you people...DR simon..or KEVIN ( not so ) TRUDEAU..IM WAITING..HOW ABOUT SOME BEFORE AND AFTERE PICS..LOL SUREEEEEEEE
I am not exactly sure what you mean by proof, although you mentioned pictures.  
How would seeing photos submitted by someone suffice your thirst for proof? Could you not scrutinize this as well? Would you not also wish to discredit them as false, or doctored or plain out fakes.

What exactly is the issue that you have? I feel there is a deeper connection to your anger against anything that would prove to benefit millions who are struggling with the issues they too have; Either with weight, emotional and eating disorders, and so many other environmental and social shortcomings that we deal with day to day.

I do feel that you are very cynical towards anything that would be a positive, which leads me to assume, or guess randomly, that you are having deeply seeded issues of your own that you are using as a front to vent that anger.

Usually when someone outwardly displays such a disdain it is from something inside that that "touches a nerve" of a previous event in their lives, Be it related or not.

Have you thought about seeking counseling?
Before you take offence to that question, I do mean this is the most genuine sense, as I do not have intentions to look down upon you.  However, I feel that you would benefit from it.  Usually I find people use the Internet to vent anger that they cannot deal with in the life they lead when they hit the off button on their computer.  Social interaction in a positive environment may also be beneficial toward your anger issues.

I do wish you well and hope you find what you are looking for.  

For everyone else, even though we may not believe or value his words and actions, sometimes, it is good to have people like fightu35 in our lives. Have we not all played the role of the devils advocate from time to time?
Thank you!! That's the best thread I've ever read! Right to the heart of the problem. Actually taking the time to explain all that to him, says volumes about you. Brains and Class!
I have a copy of a study, but I don't want him to have my email address. And I also believe that it would not be proof to him anyway.
Very good thread... I am just beginning to use hCG and found you via search engine.  

As far as requesting proof, well sometimes the it is much better to turn the table and ask for proof that it does not work...  many success stories of how and why it works...  

and the point of  the body grabbing nutrients to sustain an embryo (feigned) now explains and answers some questions I had.  thank you all...

And a special thank you to fightu... without your input here, I think that the plethora of information provided by Thatgirl would not have covered as much as it did..

lol I dont need help..im not mad...lmao ! im mad and pasionate about fakes..scams..and goofs getting rich of nice people who do not know better..if this was real..........the big med corps would make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ on it..its no good..for you being  educated, which you seem...how can you NOT promote..excerice more..eat smart..and yes eat less...calories in ,calories out..its not rocket science....

**wanna...she is very well informed...shes the more 'public' and political then me in the ,lets make $$ way..im for shut these criminals down..and do not let them make $$..and to prove a point..in court which is checkible..(public info)..in court ATKINS corp atmitted that his diet was a scam and based on no facts..and based on the idea that if you tell people to eat all the fat they want (everyones dream) they would lose weight if they cut out carbs....but he knew most people eating fat would secreetly lower ther calories..and incase someone brings up the tests last year..they compared 4 top diets..and atkins only won in the 1st 12 months...but then  finished 3rd out of 4........and it was proven with out knowing..people ate less on atkins which =- weight loss
So the only proof for him is if corporations were making tons of money on it! Please! That is what they are doing with the drugs and diet foods that DON'T WORK!! Can't make any more money if the people using those things actually lost the weight in the long run. They are making enough money on the things they can patent. If that's the proof you need...lol
That is smart and intellligent advise for people who have not been through life-long yo-yo dieting, anorexia or bulimia, stuff like that.
A friend of mine gained about 15 or 20 lbs, cut back on food and exercised, lost the weight. Problem solved.
I gained a little more weight than that. Doing what she did didn't work for me. I would lose 4 lbs., gain it back and that repeated several times.

I have been dieting all of my life and have been up to 203 lbs and down to 116 lbs (too low for 5'7"). Some years ago, I started eating all organic, lots of salads, fruits and vegetables. I lost A LOT of weight, felt awesome eating only organic and got the chemicals out of my system. Had energy galore. Had a job where I was on my feet everyday, ran up and down stairs a lot. I got down to 123 lbs. I still had 3 pockets of fat that would NOT go away. One above each hip, and on my gut. I was shaped all wrong, way too thin and I looked hideous. When I read KT's book, it was the last piece of the puzzle for me, and I was grateful for it. My yo-yo dieting all through the previous years had damaged my system, so that every time I tried to lose, my body would just store more fat, thinking that it was starving again. It went into survival mode. Lowering calories and increasing exercise doesn't work on people who have ruined their bodies on too much of the wrong kind of dieting. The body's system, which should work that way, is messed up! When I cut calories even further, when I was eating organic, to push past plateaus, I gained weight instead. Since that time of eating right/exercise weight loss, which remained off for years, I had been unemployed for an extended amount of time and was unable to get the organic food anymore. I had to eat from the chemical-ridden food supply. I now weigh 150 lbs. and since I have yo-yo'ed in weight like this all of my life, I do not intend to lose weight again with any other method other than the hCG. The protocol explained everything that has happened to me in my quest to live a thin, healthy life which includes not worrying about food day-in and day-out. I want to go back to the eating right again, but not look like I did before (a skinny stick with an inner tube around the middle!). Back to only eating when I'm hungry (actual growls!), stopping when I'm full, no desire for junk food, no pop, etc. Back to eating right with exercise, but with all of my good, structual fat in place. The life-long damage gone!
you got it backwards...im agaisne the goofs makeing $$ of lies
I myself have done and been though it all....my whole family is fat..I get fat just looking at food..but being a pro athlete..I cant allow weight gain..yo-yo ?
please..lol im the king of yo-yo ! heres some stupid things ive done..

ate high calorie,low calorie
high fat..low fat..no fat...
high protein,low
ephedra...,sports stuff
no stuff
juiceing..fasting..

lost 12lbs in 3 hrs...(gained back 21 in less then 3 days)
lost 30 lbs in 28 days(gained about 42 in 2 montrhs)
lost & regained 30+ lbs 6 times in 1 year(my metabolisum never fully recovered)
would fluctuate  3-8 lbs a day..fasting.. saunas...etc...

then I got I woke up...

after surgery gained 45 lbs..was 26% body fat ,35' waist..
I lost 42 lbs in 4 months 7.2% body fat..29' waist..

and all no tricks...no pills...no injections..no atkins(over 300-400 carbs a day ,there goes his theory) no fasting..no saunas....no books..no late night tv with people like KT... all this and guess whaT wins every time...
CALORIES IN  vs OUT
i was typing while you were so i caught this. YOU must have it backwards. you just said that if it worked, corps would be getting rich off of it. what i said is not backwards from that. i do think you just skim over what we write, since you are so much smarter than us, and we have nothing to say.

I'm also against goofs making $$ off lies. And KT is not selling me the hCG or the organic food. I have a copy of Pounds and Inches that I printed off the web for free.

Sounds like most of the medical establishment doesn't want hCG to work. Won't listen. You're a part of that.
i just told my story of calories in and calories out. we are apparently different, and men have always had an easier time losing that way. i'm glad for you.
its laws of pysics my dear...calories in..vs out...your trying to make it seem,like energy in vs out works..but not for you..odd...
ill say it again.........ive yet to see any solid proof...not 1 of you can provide it...and KT ,please...hes been exposed..he made $$$$$$$  of each and every name he promoted and product...etc....we can go back and fourth everyday...you seem to feel the need to reply to each and every post here..with me in it on not..are you the board expert ??  lol SHOW ME PROOF..ILL NEVER COME BACK..AND ILL SAY IT AGAIN..IF HCG WORKED..PHIZER..MERICK...GLAXO KLIEN SMITH...SOMEONE WOULD BE MAKEING MILLIONSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ,YOU PEOPLE MAKE IT  SEEM LIKE  KEVIN T re-'found' this...its old news..it did not work then..it does not work now..if it works so  good..you should be able to eat much more...proof...im waiting..
goodbye broken record.
I did eat more than 500 -to -800 calories while on HCg   i ate whenever i felt hungry did not follow any diet and i mean it..... i lost weight   can you explain?
also can you explain why i lost inches in all the right places before i lost the weight? I am a believer and it has nothing to do with KT     This has been around for a long time  long before KT !
Just a thought, Phizer, Merick, Glaxo and so on make much much more selling drugs to lots of overweight people who have diabetes, allergies, gout, heart problems, liver and skin diseases and, oh, the list just goes on and on. It is in the best interest of the drug manufacturers to keep people sick and overweight.  What happens when half the nation stops taking both over-the-counter drugs and prescription drugs because they are finally healthy? The economy will plunge! Pharmaceutical companies are not in the business to keep people healthy!

I asked on another thread...just what is the down side to HCG??? What exactly are the possible side effects?

Thank you for your comments on HCG. I have just learned about this and as I am over 100lbs over weight I must do something. From all the info you have given and it is impressive, I gather that I must ask some questions about whether I can take this. I have had thyroid cancer, first in 1988 part of the thyroid was removed and proved cancerous but of the most curable kind and the least invasive. in 1997 a small tumor was treated with radio active iodine and since then I have had no problems at all. I take . 15mg synthroid each day and am fine.  Question Can I take this product?? I would appreciate any kind of info you can find for me. Thanks again for your informed and intelligent info.  
Did you count your calories while you were eating all you wanted? I mean this in a sincere revaluation. It is not typical for anyone to lose much, or at all, while doing hcg alone, and eating a well balanced diet with the kcal needed for best health.
For example, one of our patients who was on the hCG also did not follow any specific diet plan, ate whenever she was hungry as well, and lost just over 30 pounds over the coarse of eight weeks.

It was amazing on the surface, however after evaluating her meal planner and activities log, we found she was eating approx 1000kcal daily, and expended one quarter of that with her daily workout routine. So where she did not follow any specific diet, and ate whenever she was hungry, she inadvertently followed a decent plan without her distinct knowledge.

Quote of the day "Variation will not destroy results, it will just give you....variety."
Where can I get HCG????  Besides KT's "Physicians list that costs $500 with blood work"

Please give me a doctor in MI that will prescribe!!!!
I just started the shots today.. I used the cleanse for 30 days first.. i do think kevin T is a loser, but he did bring it back to the surface..I am a male I would likt to more feed back from the male point of view..NOT fightu...I too am a pro sport player...POKER... Fat G..
so..you look forward to takeing the pregant hormone...nice. good luck !!
I told u not to respond... Woe if i had a baby i could make a movie and get rich...thanks for your help...Let me tell u something fightu35 ..u try to harrass me..it will be a mistake...
Hey Fat G -  I'm not a guy, but just got back from my doc's office and they told me that guys are losing much faster than women.  They told me about one guy who lost 40 lbs and gained 18 of lean muscle mass. he's working out a ton.  I can't remember the time frame, but it's relatively short.  

I'm sure Fightu is going to have something to say.....as an FYI I've lost 11 lbs and gained .5 in lean muscle mass.
threats ? and over a pc ? lol listen son.....injecting a male body with HCG is not good..unless you have no 'balls'  or are doing steroids...and when a male takes a pregant hormone..and DOES NOT  need...not to smart.. but do as you must..
I am seriously interested in hcg but it seems as if my only option is through a clinic in Florida who will send it via mail after receiving my labs. I have Hashimoto's and the weight is stuck. I work out and diet-but nothing. So I'm ready for something to get me started. Any info on a fairly easy way to get hcg???
Moron, HCG is produced by the placenta in pregnant women. As you probably know, some women are pregnant with little baby girls and some with little baby boys. HCG is produced by the placenta for both boy babies and girl babies. It is not a sex specific hormone. So, moron, a male fetus is exposed to very high levels of hcg for 9 months. Some amazing things happen during fetal development under the influence of huge amounts of hcg. Demonize the substance if you wish, but the facts speak for themselves.
Breifly, here's my story. I lost 32 lbs. in 28 days on the HcG protocol. After 2-3 days on HcG my hunger vanished and I felt great. Energy? I had more energy on the 500 cal. diet with HcG than when I was eating normally. My blood pressure went from borderline high to normal as well. It has now been nearly 4 weeks since I stopped the Hcg. I have not gained back ANY weight. Normally 4 weeks after stopping a diet I would have gained back at least 8-10 lbs. My doctor who was VERY skeptical is not any more. She was absolutely stunned at the results. My mother witnessed my amazing results and is now on the HcG Protocol and is enjoying similar success. The Protocol has changed my whole outlook on food. I no longer crave sugar and get full very quickly eating anything I want. Yep, I said it, I now eat anything I want and just naturally do not eat as much and am not gaining the weight back. Try that with any other "diet" or "program" and see what happens.

As to the question of why big pharma is not on the HcG bandwagon, it is very simple. There is no money to be made. They make a majority of their money off of PATENTED drugs, pure and simple. They can't patent it for weight loss so they don't produce it.

I am really not concerned with anyones "opinions" on the efficacy of HcG for weight loss. I have actually done it. IT WORKS.

Don't want to take injections? Me neither. I used a sublingual HcG from releana.com.
you said- " lost 32 lbs. in 28 days on the HcG protocol"

im sure you  did lose 32 lbs...........lbs of water...some fat..and muscle...the body 100% can not..and will not lose more then 2 lbs of fat per week..tops..FACT..and its well known for every 3 lbs of 'FAT' you lose ,you will lose 1 lb of muscle..(you can prevent this,but most dont,cant)
just another low calorie scam diet..eat normal...then see what you weight in 1 month...good luck to you..
The way you mentioned is the legal and safe way. The easy way isn't legal and safe. I would try your doctor and see if he will listen. MOST doctors don't know anything about it and have never tried it on any patient. They have come to their own conclusions from only reading the AMA Journal. (Some more reading of the ANA would do them some good.) So, if they just won't listen, I would try all the weight loss clinics in the area. Call them and ask if they use hCG. If there are none around, the Florida place, or another like it, is the way to go. They can get expensive, but try to get them to do the minimum. Simeons had it right after 20 years, with only the shots and the right combination of foods and exercise. No extras. The hCG itself is pretty cheap. (Certainly not worth lying about-you can't make enough money on it to lie about it!).
I know exactly how you feel with the stuck weight! There is hope despite the rantings!!
yes, somehow this stuff "rights" the body after all the years of the abuse that we've put it through and its amazing how fast it can start fixing itself. our bodies are then able to do what they were created to do, and that is to maintain the proper weight. the junk and fast foods we are eating in this country are horrible for us!
and you 100% lost muscle..FACT, unless you trippled your protein...and lifted weights 5x a week..FACT !! with no offense..if people are this..........well you know...I should sell stuff and have a book come out !! 30lbs in 30 days..LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
you people realy are something !  30 lbs in 30 days !! lmao ! CAN NOT BE DONE !
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
See "Pounds and Inches" at hcgdietinfo.com/HCG_Diet_Simeons_Manuscript.htm
once again........another REPORT from  a SELLER !!  spammer..a get rich boy..yoiur provideing zero ! and fooling no one with a brain..which seems to be only Satriana..
I'm another fan of releana, which an oral version of HcG.  I have lost weight faster than any other plan I've ever been on, and lost it in all the right places.  Recently I went on a trip after being on the program 2 1/2 weeks.  I tried all the clothes on before I went, because I was wearing clothes I hadn't been able to wear in a while.  Obviously they all fit.  Within 5 days of starting the trip (and I was doing the program while away) I had trouble wearing any of the pants with flats.  All my pants were dragging on the floor because of the weight loss.  What a great problem to have.  I'm absolutely thrilled with the ease of the program and the way the weight is coming off.  Everyone around me is amazed at how well I look and how my face doesn't look like I'm dieting.
thought there was no oral HCG
There is no *REAL* pill of hcg, but there is an oral ( liquid) that you can use under the tongue. Sublingual I think its called. (sorry Im a bad speller)

Anyhow, I think thats where some people ( even me once) got confuised about hearing "oral" versus " there is no oral"

I hope that clears it up for you =D

Remember...hcg in a pill = is FAKE. Dont be fooled or get scammed lovebugs!!Under the tongue liquid hcg = is ok.
Shots = best. Oh and I dont tink it has to be injected into muscles to work, so belly fat is ok too - it just has to get in there to work. I know someone personally who is doing that and she is losing weight just fine. As for me, Im a wuss and deal with the b12 shots already and will not subject myself willingly for more. LOL ( I know, Im a wuss, its ok, you can laugh) lol

I hear the under the tongue oral one is doing good for alot of people, but sometimes its not as good as the shots. I guess it really is a matter of who is taking it and how they respond the best and all.

No snowflake is the same, right? =))
I just heard about hcg and have a question for you as you seem to be very knowledgable with regards to the hcg.  Will hcg interact with birth control pills?  I realize that taking hcg stimulates ovulation.  I also realize that the amount taken is minimal (500 IU) as compared to the 5000 IU that women take to stimulate ovulation.  I would like more information concerning this as I have researched this online and have really found nothing.  

Thanks in advance.
Also I forgot to mention that with the hcg I am only interested in loosing the body fat and do not plan to take it for a long period of time, ie 1-2 weeks at the most.  
you said "Breifly, here's my story. I lost 32 lbs. in 28 days on the HcG protocol"

100% impossible..you can not lose fat that fast...water..muscle..then fat yes...
Think about it--hCG is a naturally occuring hormone produced in massive amounts during pregancy.  Women have been pregnant since at least Eve without any side effects during pregnancy.  So, how bad could it be???  And every human born on earth has been exposed to hCG prior to birth.

The medical community has been anti-hCG for weight loss facilitation, stating that it could cause major problems with its use for weight loss BUT I have never seen this "mystery problem" identified in any of the literature produced by the medical community.

And, if there was an ACTUAL "mystery problem", wouldn't pregnant women been afflicted with this very problem through the ages, perhaps even to the point of avoiding/stopping procreation???  And, then, that would be the end of the human race...(by the way, nick2005--way to point out that every human being, be they male or female, has been exposed to enormous amounts of hCG while "in utero"!!!  Loved the way you said it!!!)

Isn't the scientific community fighting for stem cell research in an effort to cure diseases like cystic fibrosis???  I know when my daughter was born in 1994, I was given an option of freezing her cord blood for possible later use against potential future conditions.  I understand that in larger hospitals that that is the norm now.  Cord blood is rich in stem cells, and freezing one's own ensures an identical match in the future.  Doctors are performing corrective surgery for many heart defects and the like prior to birth so that the incisions, etc, have time to heal (with minimal ultimate scar tissue)  while the child is still "in utero".

If hCG injections can cause testicles to decend in young males with undecended testicles (essentially putting them back into a hormonal state similar to when they were still in the womb and allowing them to "bake" a little longer so that their testicles are allowed to finish what they should have done before birth), then who's to say that hCG injections don't also allow the hypothalamus to heal itself from years of abuse and distress caused by hormones in the food chain, chemical additives in our foods, and prescription drugs that are dispensed far too freely by doing the same???

Bio-identical hormones--which hCG is one of--cannot be patented by the pharmaceutical companies because they occur in nature--which means they can't make any money off of them, and so they don't pursue the promotion thereof (although they are available just for the asking/demanding).  This means the doctors that you and I see most often know very little about them, to include dosage when prescribed.  Even when you ask/demand them from the doctors, they tend to still try to sell bio-identicals as inherently inferior somehow.  The pharmaceutical companies give "advertisement money" to the HMO's to promote their drug-of-the-moment--Hormone Replacement Therapy, antibiotics, whatever--so the HMO's put pressure on their physicians to prescribe the drug-of-the-moment.  When you and I fill that prescription--the pharmaceutical companies make BIG money.  And, when usage reveals problems with the drug--sometimes huge problems--to include death, cancer, stroke, and so on (like with HRT's) (and Phen-Fen, a weight loss drug from a few years ago which caused major heart valve problems in many users), the drug companies accept the legal battles as the "cost of doing business" and although they "fight" the suits, eventually will settle because they already made their profits--profits many times larger than what the settlement and legal battle cost them.  Financially, they still win.

When it comes down to it, wouldn't you rather use a bio-identical hormone--something that your body already makes or has been naturally exposed to--to facilitate hormone balance, weight loss, or whatever, rather than subjecting it to something it was never supposed to have within it (IE:  a poison)???  For myself, I certainly would.

In 1979, I used hCG injections for 4 weeks and lost 20 pounds.  I wasn't grossly overweight by any means--just had a thick waist compared to the rest of me (no butt, thin arms, and just a little extra flesh on my upper thighs).  After, I looked phenomenal--everyone that had been away for the summer (college town) was absolutely floored by the change in my body!!!  And, I kept the weight off for years...

Then, I got married, had a miscarriage (long story, but my then-husband gave me an STD, which caused the miscarriage and a long series of problems), and the weight crept back on.  Lost the weight, divorced him (3 STD's later--he was a pathological liar), and remarried and had my daughter.  When trying for another child after her, miscarried again, hormones went out of whack, and over time, "blossomed" to where I was a few weeks ago.

In June, I bought KT's book as a free book--buy 2 get 1 free--on a lark just to see what it had to say (had been asking every doctor I ever saw about hCG, and they would always look at me like I was from another planet, even when I explained my success from years before), was thrilled to find that hCG was available (and finally had a reasonable answer as to why it had disappeared), went thru the testing, etc, and since July 12th have lost 11 pounds.  I finally have faith that I will be able to get back to my "best self" once again.

Had I not tried the hCG diet when I was freshly out of college 28 years ago (and young, stupid, and gullible THEN) and experienced RESOUNDING success with it, I probably would be EXTREMELY sceptical today if I had just heard of it for the first time.  Cynicism comes with age, experience, and wisdom.  Happily for me, I was 'open to trying it" back then to have found out first-hand that it works!!!  Even more happily, I was able to find "it" again.  So many other diets/lifestyle changes have failed me.  The hCG diet WORKS!!!
does anyone have the name of a doctor who will prescribe hcg?  thanks
not 1 ounce of proof HCG works for weight loss...........and if it does why are so many girls fat after birth..and stay fat...THE top HCG ,SELLER SAID it does not work for fat loss..read my post....
try tons. and that question has been answered SO MANY times.
and if that top seller (and who would that be?) is not one of your lies, then his customers are not using it with the vlcd. he probably sells it to weight lifters for other uses...
Does someone miss me !! awwwwwwww
give me time too. say, 30 years.
lol =)  
Hey Gary in Michigan. If you see this I can help you find a doctor in the Detroit area. Where are you? Leave your email address if you wish and I'll give you the info. Hcg is great. We've been on it since Sunday the 8th of July. I've lost 8 lbs, my husband 12 real fat pounds. Our clothes are hanging, our faces look younger, we feel great. This is the best thing out there. Ya'll go find a dr. and get on it! We filled our RX at Walgreen's but I know it is available online with a script, and they take insurance. My insurance paid for it, so it only cost around $18 for 40 days.
Does anybody know if it is true that women can't take the hCG during "the menses"?  I want to just start the shots tomorrow and not worry about timing it with my period!
I waited until the day after I finished my period before I started using the hCG; however, once you mix the Novarel (that is the brand I am taking) it must be used within 40 days.  So, I am sure that I must use it even when I start my period again.  Otherwise I would have to throw the rest of it out.  I wouldn't want to that.  Good luck.
Can anyone please tell me how long they have to wait between each cycle of hCG?  You know, on 6 weeks then off ___ weeks?  I am just curious.  Kevin Trudeau's book says 3 weeks and my pharmacy says I have to wait 6 weeks before refilling.  I have been having great results thus far.  I am on my 4th week and have lost 25 pounds.
I waited six weeks and I'm starting again soon
what is the RX name of the med you are taking/ injecting - Would like to find a doctor in WV thought I'd ask my primary care doctor

Sounds like people are having great results ==  I want to lose 40 lbs

Please I'd luv some help finding how to lose weight with this HCG
HCG does not cause weight loss..........eating 500 calories a day does...
duhhhhhhhhhhhh
I lost 12 pounds on my first week of HCG under the tongue. I am losing inches as the days go by. I am kinda just losing a pound or so the 2nd week here I am on my 3rd week and it is dropping fast again. It is stated to lose 20 pounds a month. So far so gooood. Regardless of if its the 500 calories or not I could not have did this alone without the HCG. I would have gained it ALL back and then some more than likely. I have issues with my back that prevents me from excercise. I am taking HCG with ,1 potassium pill a day, phentermine appitite suppresatn only 1/2 tablet, some days I take none, which makes me FEEL like I would like to go for some nice desserts, SO I have to be careful then,  10 glasses of water, 1 multivitiman, I take my B-12 shots once a week and get my weigh in body fat count, etc. You can see the weight coming off. It IS a stair step approch. I eat like 3oz of certain meat hormone free, free range only, 3 oz of 1 vegetable. and for instance 6 strawyberries. and cant have any more fruit till 6 hours later that is it for me the meat is baked in the oven. No butter, Oil, Dressing. No sugar, artifical sweetners STEVIA, SPLENDA my choice. just a drop or two on strawberries.  I lost 12 pound that 1st week. I am now headed to be in my 259 pound range. I was pushing 300 real strong. This is something you have to stay with as you get older because food just sticks with you then. My matabolism is high, and plan on losing way under the 200 mark I plan on being a poster child for the HCG. I will be on the program probably about 1 year. And the GOOD thing is you want gain this weight back. And this is what I need. I had heard of this in the 70's and I am glad to know it will make a wonderful comeback AND NO SIDE AFFECTS, you cant beat this. I HIGHLY recommed it. For those skeptics try it you may get to see the results for your self, surely is not going to hurt you. I have a wonderful doctor. You can lose as much as you want on this program. It really is not that much in cost. Shoot most people waste money on junk they dont need, why not try it on something you can benefit from. I love it, Have no problems at all.
you said you would have gained it back..........and you will as soon as you stop the drugs....you say some thnigs...makes no sense..you have a high metabolism ? if so..you would be smaller........and the weight loss you claim Is not real........the body at best in perfect conditions can only lose 2-4 lbs a fat a week...FACT.....you lose water,muscle ,fat..and in that order....and with every 3 lbs of fat lost..you will lose 1 lb of muscle(which slows metab)..you can stop this yes...but most do not../do not know how...and HCG under the tongue..is even more junk then HCG inject...its like all the fake HGH sprays...powders...only inject will work...as with B-12 ya lucky to get 40% from under tongue/pill.seems with what little food your eating........just exercise..and you would not need all the drugs/pills there is no quick fix...try will power any pill that 'trys' to tell your brain your not hungry is dangerous..and nonsense....like me..hate me.....its not an attack on you...just facts...some people beleive everything said here  so..maybe they will see both sides..
oh and you said no side affects ?  lets be real...lol phent.. = side effects..becarefull what you say....
hey ? has my stalekr shown up yet...............she will........either way good luck to you...
Look no one is stupo here okay. The stuff did not tell me my brain was not hungry. I was still hungry I just did not feed into it okay. Well if it is junk then I will let my doctor know what you have said when I see her on Tuesday. She is the CARING professional in this. I have also been in correspondence with the Vice President of the company as well. Every one wants to make money dont YOU. AS far as the injection I did not know there was injection until I studied more on this. I am very interested more so in the injection of course. And will find out. Well you are right it sure is dangerous and nonsense do you have a better answer then. Please by all means then tell me? I do NOT believe everything said, far from it. Well at least no side affects so far!! Yea you are right be careful what you say, all of us need to do that! Hopefully all will go well. I surely will be the FIRST to let you know.Yes I have a high matabolism a natural one. And yes I would be smaller if I did not have some other medical issues keeping me from using the matabolism I have. But of course I did not share all of that. So be it. No pun intended. I
Also as far as Phent  equaling side affects I have only taken 1/2 on about 4 times. I do not need that with the HCG. So I beg your pardon? You just assume you know the whole story huh? WRONG
I would like to find a clinic in Central Florida that gives the hcg shots.  I would also like to know if the 500 calories a day is necessary or can I eat more.  My blood sugar drops if I wait too long between meals.  Does anyone have a sample diet?
Get a hold of the main people at this number and they will tell you if there is a doctor in your area of Florida or not. Then you will have a physician who can work with you on this or not. I was just missed become a diabetic by a fraction of a hair. My sugar levels I check everyday the lowest it has been is 85 the highest 118.Millennium Medical Spa LLC
> > 4341 Birch Street, Suite 101
> > Newport Beach, CA 92660
> > 949-863-1667 fax 949-863-3140
hCG is a prescription drug .
Its administration must be prescribed and supervised by a licensed MD/ also, The hCG and obesity  Research Clinic
EMAIL Sarah Alberg    ***@**** and find out where there is one in Florida or call them
Found these:  North Tampa: 813-914-7304   Brandon: 813-661-9114
Clearwater: 727-724-0702   South Tampa: 813-870-3553

weight loss center here in Florida called Results Weight Loss
You know, I'm so glad someone finally posted such an insightful article and I think we all appreciate the time and effort this obviously took you, That Girl.    

In the HCG Diet group on yahoo, we occasionally have someone post a big old, "it's pee! it's steroids! how can you put this in your body!"   I simply think, "wow, when I was going through fertility treatments and injecting 10 times as much hcg into my body to get pregnant before ivf, no one ever said a word other than encouragement!

Tanner
Pee is in just about everything LOL it is in creams for mens nasty athelte foot creams LOL ETC ETC. It is in numerous products.
Has anyone successfully lost weight with the hcg injections without following the 500 calorie diet to the letter?  
ON 500 CALORIES..YES YOU WILL LOSE WEIGHT........
I just wnated to go on record as saying that if you haven't tried hcg and the vlcd, you really have no right slamming it!
I have been on hcg and b12 shots for almost 2 months. I eat 1200 calories a day and have lost 17lbs.  But I have started to notice that I don't have as much energy as I did when I started. Has anyone else experienced this.  I don't want to stop until I loose 10 more lbs.
how do you like the B-12 shots ? any energy ??
you need to take a break from hcg for a couple of weeks or so. you build an immunity to it. do it 6 weeks max. and you also need to vary the caloric amount so you don't get used to that either.
I get a head ache the day I get it but I have not been sick since I started it.  In the beginning I had lots of energy the next day now not so much. I am going in tommorrow to find out what to do now.
I'm a 37 year old man who's been fighting weight gain all my adult life.  Since November of '06, when I quit smoking, I have gone from 250 to 315.  I would like to try HCG.  I would like some feedback from other men in this forum.  It's good to hear from the women, but being a man, I'd like some feedback.  Success stroies hopefully, but whatever you guys have got.

Thanx
Does anyone know where i can buy hCG drops for weightloss in Michigan ?
I have been on the hcg shots and 500cal diet, no fats or sugar, for 18 days now and have been suffering from fatigue big time. when i climb the stairs my knees feel like they are going to give way under me. I could sleep all day. I wondered if there is any reason why i have no energy at all?
I just wanted to let people know that if you are ordering on the internet, please be aware that globalweightlosscure.com is a TOTAL SCAM.  I have begun legal proceedings against them, they promise a tracking number, but after you order, you get NO INFORMATION about the company.  You will notice on their website there is NO CONTACT INFORMATION, just a form.  My credit card was charged and the number given is not a legit number, it DOESN'T EXIST.  I know there are legit sites, but this is not one.

If anyone else has been ripped off, please let me know, I am gathering information to give to the state attorney general and to the attorney's that have prosecuted kevin trudeau for his other scams.  i hope to get at least some of the money back.

It's a shame, the site looks legit, but it's a total sham! It says it is associated with kevin trudeau, and I am sooo upset that I have been ripped off for $200.00.  I intend to do everything I can to get my money back and to help stop others from getting ripped off.  
I have not been able to do the injections - does anyone know how I can get over that???  Have wasted a weeks worth of Hcg at the point of not being able to inject myself...
Do you have Im (intra muscular) or subcutaneous needles? It is a lot easier subcutaneously ( in the fat of the stomach) than any IM shot. Seems to be just as effective, too. I use insulin needles(capacity 3/10 ml; length 8mm; gauge 31G) which are tiny and don't hurt very much. Is there anyone in your family who can give you the shots? Sometimes it is easier if someone else does it. There are also various forms of hcg - sublingual tablets, homeopathic sprays-drops-creams, mixed injections with b-12. I have heard you can actually take the regular mixed hcg (dry hcg powder mixed with bacteriostatic water) and take the needle off of the syringe and squirt it under your tongue and hold it there for  a while to get the same results without the pain of injection.(don't know if this is true, I just heard it second hand)
I took my first injection on hcg on April 7, 2009. I am looking forward to the results, if in fact they amount to weight loss. My nurse told me that they are having terrific success with hcg. I am supposed to be on 1200 calories a day but I am finding it difficult to eat. I just feel full after eating a handful of food. I too am concerned about losing muscle so I intend to not only weigh in but use a caliper to make sure I am losing fat not muscle. Has anyone done that to make sure? I have 60 lbs to lose. After six weeks on how many weeks does anyone recommend I stay off?
Was it a bariatric doctor that gave you the script for the hcg? Also is it an injectionI am going to a bariatric doctor and they are charging me fifteen per injection. The hcg is already drawn and in a needle. That is a bit expensive and I do wonder if I shouldn't try and get a script so that I can file with my insurance company.
I started hcg. I was told it was safe with no side affects. I was not told that taking hcg would no longer allow you to give (donate) blood.  I am so angry because I have 0neg with out cmv (a virus found in most adults).  They used to be able to give my blood to babys with 0neg. Now I can't help.  I understand this is not a side affect but it has hurt me. It has upset me that I was not told up front I would not have taken HCG if I would have been told. Why are they not requiered to tell you all.....
My hubby is on this diet & has lost 38 lbs in 41 days!  He begins his "phase 3" this Tuesday.  I have been the one preparing, measuring buying his lunch's & dinner's........& I'm a VEGETARIAN! LOL  Nothing like measuring, & trimming RAW MEAT!

Anyway, I'm just wondering anyone out there in forum land who has completed this diet & has really CHANGED their diet & kept the weight off?  I'd LOVE to hear some stories....not just to keep my hubby motivated, but to keep ME motivate!  :)

BTW, he didn't do injections (oh he would DIE if he had to do those!) He took drops under his tongue 3x's day
Thanks!
typooooooooo  BUYING all the food, & planning my days around his meal schedules to prepare them! :D
What is the blood test for, is it called a Liver function test...What is the ctiteria to getting on this hcg diet...
                Thanx Chey
Oh, dear. The newbie must post again. I'm going to put my 2 cents into this conversation. Water loss is NOT fat loss. True. However, and this can be verified if you google enough. First, most people are dehydrated. Even if you're bloated and puffy and have edema, you can STILL be dehydrated. The problem is that the fluid is outside the cells & not in the circulation/lymph system where it belongs. So, the body, in trying to make things right clings to the fluid it has. Protein deficiency. Most people don't really eat high quality protein. We eat junk. There are myriad reasons as to why we are dehydrated/fluid overloaded.

It is a fact that if you have extra engorged fat cells, you are going to have water retention. Break the cycle by 'starving' the fat cells and the fluid is released. Thus, the water loss. It doesn't mean that you're NOT losing fat, it's just that the water goes first. Break open a water balloon...

Now, add to this being overweight. The pancreas is overstressed, cascades of hormones hit the system, the adrenals are impacted. ADH/ Renin-Angiotensin. The Pituitary. The hypothalamus. All are interconnected in fluid homeostasis, appetite, weight stabilization. This following is from answers.com in regard to the function of the hypothalamus.

'hypothalamus
Region of the brain containing a control centre for many autonomic-nervous-system functions. Its complex interaction with the pituitary gland makes it an important part of the endocrine system. As a critical link between the body's two control systems, the hypothalamus regulates homeostasis. Nervous and hormonal pathways connect it with the pituitary, which it stimulates to release various hormones. The hypothalamus influences food intake, weight regulation, fluid intake and balance, thirst, body heat, and the sleep cycle. Disorders can produce pituitary dysfunction, diabetes insipidus, insomnia, and temperature fluctuations.'

It's ALL interconnected. Break the cycle that causes the body to try and 'right' what's wrong, even if the overall effect is deterious to the body and things will once again be at a state of homeostasis.

My understanding of the HCG diet is to 'reset' the hypothalamus. It alone is NOT for weight loss. Granted 500 cal. is extremely low. However,  though a VLCD  alone will cause weight loss, it is not the only purpose of the HCG. The HCG promotes the release of abnormal fat deposits. That's fact, it's been researched. It promotes the fat loss WITHOUT muscle loss. Also fact that  based in research.

The HCG diet also allows for amino acids to be taken. It allows for B complex to be taken. There are allowances for supplements for any nutrient that MIGHT be lacking by dietary intake. The HCG is NOT a permanent way of life. It is a bridge to cleansing the system of excess salt ( & other substances that  are toxic to the system), of which Americans have far too much. It allows for individuals to THINK about what they're putting in their bodies. None of us can eat what we want, when we want and in the quantities we want and maintain a healthy weight.

Again, to those that naysay this, I say, do some more research. Go to the medical journals, try Pubmed, it's nice. Also realize that many drugs, depending on dosage, will have different effects on the body. Dopamine for one. Botox for another. There are many more.

As far as HCG being urine, well, it is a COMPONENT of urine in pregnant women, yes, but it is NOT urine. We have drugs not only from plants, but from animal, including humans, as well as from bacteria.

Although I'm no expert, I hope that I can speak with some authority. I've been a Registered Nurse for over 22 years and believe me, if I thought this was totally hogwash, I would not be doing it myself. I admittedly was skeptical when I first read about it, but after doing my own informal study, felt that it had merit.
I just started Releana HCG 3 days ago. I am feeling nervous and light headed. Is this a normal side affect and is it it temporary?

I feel energy but I also feel very wierd. Has anyone else experienced these side affects?
Just a thought regarding the 3500 calories = one pound issue:

If I understand the situationcorrectly:
The protocol says you consume 500 calories and the hCG enables your body to metabolize 2000 - 2500 calories per day. Some of you are saying that does not equal 3500 calories, so it does not constitute a one pound per day weight loss.

But perhaps our daily activities burn the rest of the calories, making it equal to the one pound per day?
While most of us here are trying to understand how injecting yourselves with hCG can help you lose weight and keep it off, there are somethings i would like to share here. The slow metabolism that causes the weight gain in the first place is mostly due to a poorly functioning thyroid gland (your thyroid gland plays a major role in controlling your metabolism), THERE IS SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE THAT hCG INCREASES OR NORMALISES YOUR THYROID FUNCTION. And the thyroid gland continues to function normally (meaning your metabolism is now normal or higher than "pre-hCG assisted weightloss" levels) even after cessation of hCG adminstration.

HCG also stimulates the production of testosterone and other androgenic hormones, which all contribute to the body compsition, redistribution of fat mass around the body and the normal functioning metabolism. I hope this goes in way of explaining why there is a dramatic weightloss with hCG diet and why people claim to able to keep it off once they lost the wieght.