slight insight on HCG and those for it/against it
(I posted this as an answer to someone else, but I thought it was pretty good *smile* and wanted to make it a new posting, so maybe it will help those who are unsure). Think Thin!!!
-------------------------
I think if everyone stops, takes a deep breath, then re-reads the actual text of what hcg does, you will realize we are all wrong, and yet all correct. I will explain.... a moment of your time is all I need, and I appreciate you reading my post.

First of all, hcg (injections, subcutaneous) has been around for decades, and like many other pharmaceutical agents, it has many uses. Yes, its helpful for men in testicular issues, in women with infertility, and has been used in other ways like prevention or lowering painful menses in patients with Endometriosis.
There are many agents that have numerous uses, for example benadryll. Its used for allergies, sleep aids, colds...and on and on.

Now read my whole next sentence before you fly off at me...hcg will not make you lose weight. (hang on dieters, I am getting to it) It will release the nutrients and water from fat cells (adipose), a natural occurrence in pregnant women, but in doing so, it reduces the size of those fat cells. In conjunction with a vlcd,(very low calorie diet) exercise and drinking PLENTY of fluids (preferably 96 oz daily), you WILL lose weight. Because you are using your natural stored energy from the adipose, you do not need to eat as much food, but still burn off your regular daily calories. THIS is what makes you lose the weight. Its ALL in how you say it. If you want to be exactly and literal, hcg will not make you lose weight, but it IS a weight loss aid if used CORRECTLY.

Overall health will improve and you will lose inches, due to the adipose becoming smaller. Whether you are skinny or far, you have the same number of 'fat cells' or adipose, but when we eat in excessive amounts of calories, our bodies tend to store (genetically made to do this since the stone age) that excess into the adipose, thus increasing the size of the cell. So you dont "gain" fat cells, you just make your existing ones BIGGER.

SO if you say "hcg will not make you lose weight" - you are correct. It wont. You must do a low cal diet, and exercise to lose weight. HOWEVER, hcg WILL release nutrients stored in your adipose to allow you to stay on a vlcd, not feel hungry, and adequately give your body the energy, and nutrients it needs while you are slimming down.

While the FDA states hcg is not a weight loss product, they are correct. Its not. But you have to read on past the BIG BOLD scary statements and read what it DOES do, and how it can AID YOU in losing weight EFFECTIVELY.

That's the brass ring, the big banana the top hat winner of them all.

-That Girl over there
you said "Breifly, here's my story. I lost 32 lbs. in 28 days on the HcG protocol"

100% impossible..you can not lose fat that fast...water..muscle..then fat yes...
Think about it--hCG is a naturally occuring hormone produced in massive amounts during pregancy.  Women have been pregnant since at least Eve without any side effects during pregnancy.  So, how bad could it be???  And every human born on earth has been exposed to hCG prior to birth.

The medical community has been anti-hCG for weight loss facilitation, stating that it could cause major problems with its use for weight loss BUT I have never seen this "mystery problem" identified in any of the literature produced by the medical community.

And, if there was an ACTUAL "mystery problem", wouldn't pregnant women been afflicted with this very problem through the ages, perhaps even to the point of avoiding/stopping procreation???  And, then, that would be the end of the human race...(by the way, nick2005--way to point out that every human being, be they male or female, has been exposed to enormous amounts of hCG while "in utero"!!!  Loved the way you said it!!!)

Isn't the scientific community fighting for stem cell research in an effort to cure diseases like cystic fibrosis???  I know when my daughter was born in 1994, I was given an option of freezing her cord blood for possible later use against potential future conditions.  I understand that in larger hospitals that that is the norm now.  Cord blood is rich in stem cells, and freezing one's own ensures an identical match in the future.  Doctors are performing corrective surgery for many heart defects and the like prior to birth so that the incisions, etc, have time to heal (with minimal ultimate scar tissue)  while the child is still "in utero".

If hCG injections can cause testicles to decend in young males with undecended testicles (essentially putting them back into a hormonal state similar to when they were still in the womb and allowing them to "bake" a little longer so that their testicles are allowed to finish what they should have done before birth), then who's to say that hCG injections don't also allow the hypothalamus to heal itself from years of abuse and distress caused by hormones in the food chain, chemical additives in our foods, and prescription drugs that are dispensed far too freely by doing the same???

Bio-identical hormones--which hCG is one of--cannot be patented by the pharmaceutical companies because they occur in nature--which means they can't make any money off of them, and so they don't pursue the promotion thereof (although they are available just for the asking/demanding).  This means the doctors that you and I see most often know very little about them, to include dosage when prescribed.  Even when you ask/demand them from the doctors, they tend to still try to sell bio-identicals as inherently inferior somehow.  The pharmaceutical companies give "advertisement money" to the HMO's to promote their drug-of-the-moment--Hormone Replacement Therapy, antibiotics, whatever--so the HMO's put pressure on their physicians to prescribe the drug-of-the-moment.  When you and I fill that prescription--the pharmaceutical companies make BIG money.  And, when usage reveals problems with the drug--sometimes huge problems--to include death, cancer, stroke, and so on (like with HRT's) (and Phen-Fen, a weight loss drug from a few years ago which caused major heart valve problems in many users), the drug companies accept the legal battles as the "cost of doing business" and although they "fight" the suits, eventually will settle because they already made their profits--profits many times larger than what the settlement and legal battle cost them.  Financially, they still win.

When it comes down to it, wouldn't you rather use a bio-identical hormone--something that your body already makes or has been naturally exposed to--to facilitate hormone balance, weight loss, or whatever, rather than subjecting it to something it was never supposed to have within it (IE:  a poison)???  For myself, I certainly would.

In 1979, I used hCG injections for 4 weeks and lost 20 pounds.  I wasn't grossly overweight by any means--just had a thick waist compared to the rest of me (no butt, thin arms, and just a little extra flesh on my upper thighs).  After, I looked phenomenal--everyone that had been away for the summer (college town) was absolutely floored by the change in my body!!!  And, I kept the weight off for years...

Then, I got married, had a miscarriage (long story, but my then-husband gave me an STD, which caused the miscarriage and a long series of problems), and the weight crept back on.  Lost the weight, divorced him (3 STD's later--he was a pathological liar), and remarried and had my daughter.  When trying for another child after her, miscarried again, hormones went out of whack, and over time, "blossomed" to where I was a few weeks ago.

In June, I bought KT's book as a free book--buy 2 get 1 free--on a lark just to see what it had to say (had been asking every doctor I ever saw about hCG, and they would always look at me like I was from another planet, even when I explained my success from years before), was thrilled to find that hCG was available (and finally had a reasonable answer as to why it had disappeared), went thru the testing, etc, and since July 12th have lost 11 pounds.  I finally have faith that I will be able to get back to my "best self" once again.

Had I not tried the hCG diet when I was freshly out of college 28 years ago (and young, stupid, and gullible THEN) and experienced RESOUNDING success with it, I probably would be EXTREMELY sceptical today if I had just heard of it for the first time.  Cynicism comes with age, experience, and wisdom.  Happily for me, I was 'open to trying it" back then to have found out first-hand that it works!!!  Even more happily, I was able to find "it" again.  So many other diets/lifestyle changes have failed me.  The hCG diet WORKS!!!
does anyone have the name of a doctor who will prescribe hcg?  thanks
not 1 ounce of proof HCG works for weight loss...........and if it does why are so many girls fat after birth..and stay fat...THE top HCG ,SELLER SAID it does not work for fat loss..read my post....
try tons. and that question has been answered SO MANY times.
and if that top seller (and who would that be?) is not one of your lies, then his customers are not using it with the vlcd. he probably sells it to weight lifters for other uses...
Does someone miss me !! awwwwwwww
give me time too. say, 30 years.
lol =)  
Hey Gary in Michigan. If you see this I can help you find a doctor in the Detroit area. Where are you? Leave your email address if you wish and I'll give you the info. Hcg is great. We've been on it since Sunday the 8th of July. I've lost 8 lbs, my husband 12 real fat pounds. Our clothes are hanging, our faces look younger, we feel great. This is the best thing out there. Ya'll go find a dr. and get on it! We filled our RX at Walgreen's but I know it is available online with a script, and they take insurance. My insurance paid for it, so it only cost around $18 for 40 days.
Does anybody know if it is true that women can't take the hCG during "the menses"?  I want to just start the shots tomorrow and not worry about timing it with my period!
I waited until the day after I finished my period before I started using the hCG; however, once you mix the Novarel (that is the brand I am taking) it must be used within 40 days.  So, I am sure that I must use it even when I start my period again.  Otherwise I would have to throw the rest of it out.  I wouldn't want to that.  Good luck.
Can anyone please tell me how long they have to wait between each cycle of hCG?  You know, on 6 weeks then off ___ weeks?  I am just curious.  Kevin Trudeau's book says 3 weeks and my pharmacy says I have to wait 6 weeks before refilling.  I have been having great results thus far.  I am on my 4th week and have lost 25 pounds.
I waited six weeks and I'm starting again soon
what is the RX name of the med you are taking/ injecting - Would like to find a doctor in WV thought I'd ask my primary care doctor

Sounds like people are having great results ==  I want to lose 40 lbs

Please I'd luv some help finding how to lose weight with this HCG
HCG does not cause weight loss..........eating 500 calories a day does...
duhhhhhhhhhhhh
I lost 12 pounds on my first week of HCG under the tongue. I am losing inches as the days go by. I am kinda just losing a pound or so the 2nd week here I am on my 3rd week and it is dropping fast again. It is stated to lose 20 pounds a month. So far so gooood. Regardless of if its the 500 calories or not I could not have did this alone without the HCG. I would have gained it ALL back and then some more than likely. I have issues with my back that prevents me from excercise. I am taking HCG with ,1 potassium pill a day, phentermine appitite suppresatn only 1/2 tablet, some days I take none, which makes me FEEL like I would like to go for some nice desserts, SO I have to be careful then,  10 glasses of water, 1 multivitiman, I take my B-12 shots once a week and get my weigh in body fat count, etc. You can see the weight coming off. It IS a stair step approch. I eat like 3oz of certain meat hormone free, free range only, 3 oz of 1 vegetable. and for instance 6 strawyberries. and cant have any more fruit till 6 hours later that is it for me the meat is baked in the oven. No butter, Oil, Dressing. No sugar, artifical sweetners STEVIA, SPLENDA my choice. just a drop or two on strawberries.  I lost 12 pound that 1st week. I am now headed to be in my 259 pound range. I was pushing 300 real strong. This is something you have to stay with as you get older because food just sticks with you then. My matabolism is high, and plan on losing way under the 200 mark I plan on being a poster child for the HCG. I will be on the program probably about 1 year. And the GOOD thing is you want gain this weight back. And this is what I need. I had heard of this in the 70's and I am glad to know it will make a wonderful comeback AND NO SIDE AFFECTS, you cant beat this. I HIGHLY recommed it. For those skeptics try it you may get to see the results for your self, surely is not going to hurt you. I have a wonderful doctor. You can lose as much as you want on this program. It really is not that much in cost. Shoot most people waste money on junk they dont need, why not try it on something you can benefit from. I love it, Have no problems at all.
you said you would have gained it back..........and you will as soon as you stop the drugs....you say some thnigs...makes no sense..you have a high metabolism ? if so..you would be smaller........and the weight loss you claim Is not real........the body at best in perfect conditions can only lose 2-4 lbs a fat a week...FACT.....you lose water,muscle ,fat..and in that order....and with every 3 lbs of fat lost..you will lose 1 lb of muscle(which slows metab)..you can stop this yes...but most do not../do not know how...and HCG under the tongue..is even more junk then HCG inject...its like all the fake HGH sprays...powders...only inject will work...as with B-12 ya lucky to get 40% from under tongue/pill.seems with what little food your eating........just exercise..and you would not need all the drugs/pills there is no quick fix...try will power any pill that 'trys' to tell your brain your not hungry is dangerous..and nonsense....like me..hate me.....its not an attack on you...just facts...some people beleive everything said here  so..maybe they will see both sides..
oh and you said no side affects ?  lets be real...lol phent.. = side effects..becarefull what you say....
hey ? has my stalekr shown up yet...............she will........either way good luck to you...
Look no one is stupo here okay. The stuff did not tell me my brain was not hungry. I was still hungry I just did not feed into it okay. Well if it is junk then I will let my doctor know what you have said when I see her on Tuesday. She is the CARING professional in this. I have also been in correspondence with the Vice President of the company as well. Every one wants to make money dont YOU. AS far as the injection I did not know there was injection until I studied more on this. I am very interested more so in the injection of course. And will find out. Well you are right it sure is dangerous and nonsense do you have a better answer then. Please by all means then tell me? I do NOT believe everything said, far from it. Well at least no side affects so far!! Yea you are right be careful what you say, all of us need to do that! Hopefully all will go well. I surely will be the FIRST to let you know.Yes I have a high matabolism a natural one. And yes I would be smaller if I did not have some other medical issues keeping me from using the matabolism I have. But of course I did not share all of that. So be it. No pun intended. I
Also as far as Phent  equaling side affects I have only taken 1/2 on about 4 times. I do not need that with the HCG. So I beg your pardon? You just assume you know the whole story huh? WRONG
I would like to find a clinic in Central Florida that gives the hcg shots.  I would also like to know if the 500 calories a day is necessary or can I eat more.  My blood sugar drops if I wait too long between meals.  Does anyone have a sample diet?
Get a hold of the main people at this number and they will tell you if there is a doctor in your area of Florida or not. Then you will have a physician who can work with you on this or not. I was just missed become a diabetic by a fraction of a hair. My sugar levels I check everyday the lowest it has been is 85 the highest 118.Millennium Medical Spa LLC
> > 4341 Birch Street, Suite 101
> > Newport Beach, CA 92660
> > 949-863-1667 fax 949-863-3140
hCG is a prescription drug .
Its administration must be prescribed and supervised by a licensed MD/ also, The hCG and obesity  Research Clinic
EMAIL Sarah Alberg    ***@**** and find out where there is one in Florida or call them
Found these:  North Tampa: 813-914-7304   Brandon: 813-661-9114
Clearwater: 727-724-0702   South Tampa: 813-870-3553

weight loss center here in Florida called Results Weight Loss
You know, I'm so glad someone finally posted such an insightful article and I think we all appreciate the time and effort this obviously took you, That Girl.    

In the HCG Diet group on yahoo, we occasionally have someone post a big old, "it's pee! it's steroids! how can you put this in your body!"   I simply think, "wow, when I was going through fertility treatments and injecting 10 times as much hcg into my body to get pregnant before ivf, no one ever said a word other than encouragement!

Tanner
Pee is in just about everything LOL it is in creams for mens nasty athelte foot creams LOL ETC ETC. It is in numerous products.
Has anyone successfully lost weight with the hcg injections without following the 500 calorie diet to the letter?  
ON 500 CALORIES..YES YOU WILL LOSE WEIGHT........
I just wnated to go on record as saying that if you haven't tried hcg and the vlcd, you really have no right slamming it!
I have been on hcg and b12 shots for almost 2 months. I eat 1200 calories a day and have lost 17lbs.  But I have started to notice that I don't have as much energy as I did when I started. Has anyone else experienced this.  I don't want to stop until I loose 10 more lbs.
how do you like the B-12 shots ? any energy ??
you need to take a break from hcg for a couple of weeks or so. you build an immunity to it. do it 6 weeks max. and you also need to vary the caloric amount so you don't get used to that either.
I get a head ache the day I get it but I have not been sick since I started it.  In the beginning I had lots of energy the next day now not so much. I am going in tommorrow to find out what to do now.
I'm a 37 year old man who's been fighting weight gain all my adult life.  Since November of '06, when I quit smoking, I have gone from 250 to 315.  I would like to try HCG.  I would like some feedback from other men in this forum.  It's good to hear from the women, but being a man, I'd like some feedback.  Success stroies hopefully, but whatever you guys have got.

Thanx
Does anyone know where i can buy hCG drops for weightloss in Michigan ?
I have been on the hcg shots and 500cal diet, no fats or sugar, for 18 days now and have been suffering from fatigue big time. when i climb the stairs my knees feel like they are going to give way under me. I could sleep all day. I wondered if there is any reason why i have no energy at all?
I just wanted to let people know that if you are ordering on the internet, please be aware that globalweightlosscure.com is a TOTAL SCAM.  I have begun legal proceedings against them, they promise a tracking number, but after you order, you get NO INFORMATION about the company.  You will notice on their website there is NO CONTACT INFORMATION, just a form.  My credit card was charged and the number given is not a legit number, it DOESN'T EXIST.  I know there are legit sites, but this is not one.

If anyone else has been ripped off, please let me know, I am gathering information to give to the state attorney general and to the attorney's that have prosecuted kevin trudeau for his other scams.  i hope to get at least some of the money back.

It's a shame, the site looks legit, but it's a total sham! It says it is associated with kevin trudeau, and I am sooo upset that I have been ripped off for $200.00.  I intend to do everything I can to get my money back and to help stop others from getting ripped off.  
I have not been able to do the injections - does anyone know how I can get over that???  Have wasted a weeks worth of Hcg at the point of not being able to inject myself...
Do you have Im (intra muscular) or subcutaneous needles? It is a lot easier subcutaneously ( in the fat of the stomach) than any IM shot. Seems to be just as effective, too. I use insulin needles(capacity 3/10 ml; length 8mm; gauge 31G) which are tiny and don't hurt very much. Is there anyone in your family who can give you the shots? Sometimes it is easier if someone else does it. There are also various forms of hcg - sublingual tablets, homeopathic sprays-drops-creams, mixed injections with b-12. I have heard you can actually take the regular mixed hcg (dry hcg powder mixed with bacteriostatic water) and take the needle off of the syringe and squirt it under your tongue and hold it there for  a while to get the same results without the pain of injection.(don't know if this is true, I just heard it second hand)
I took my first injection on hcg on April 7, 2009. I am looking forward to the results, if in fact they amount to weight loss. My nurse told me that they are having terrific success with hcg. I am supposed to be on 1200 calories a day but I am finding it difficult to eat. I just feel full after eating a handful of food. I too am concerned about losing muscle so I intend to not only weigh in but use a caliper to make sure I am losing fat not muscle. Has anyone done that to make sure? I have 60 lbs to lose. After six weeks on how many weeks does anyone recommend I stay off?
Was it a bariatric doctor that gave you the script for the hcg? Also is it an injectionI am going to a bariatric doctor and they are charging me fifteen per injection. The hcg is already drawn and in a needle. That is a bit expensive and I do wonder if I shouldn't try and get a script so that I can file with my insurance company.
I started hcg. I was told it was safe with no side affects. I was not told that taking hcg would no longer allow you to give (donate) blood.  I am so angry because I have 0neg with out cmv (a virus found in most adults).  They used to be able to give my blood to babys with 0neg. Now I can't help.  I understand this is not a side affect but it has hurt me. It has upset me that I was not told up front I would not have taken HCG if I would have been told. Why are they not requiered to tell you all.....
My hubby is on this diet & has lost 38 lbs in 41 days!  He begins his "phase 3" this Tuesday.  I have been the one preparing, measuring buying his lunch's & dinner's........& I'm a VEGETARIAN! LOL  Nothing like measuring, & trimming RAW MEAT!

Anyway, I'm just wondering anyone out there in forum land who has completed this diet & has really CHANGED their diet & kept the weight off?  I'd LOVE to hear some stories....not just to keep my hubby motivated, but to keep ME motivate!  :)

BTW, he didn't do injections (oh he would DIE if he had to do those!) He took drops under his tongue 3x's day
Thanks!
typooooooooo  BUYING all the food, & planning my days around his meal schedules to prepare them! :D
What is the blood test for, is it called a Liver function test...What is the ctiteria to getting on this hcg diet...
                Thanx Chey
Oh, dear. The newbie must post again. I'm going to put my 2 cents into this conversation. Water loss is NOT fat loss. True. However, and this can be verified if you google enough. First, most people are dehydrated. Even if you're bloated and puffy and have edema, you can STILL be dehydrated. The problem is that the fluid is outside the cells & not in the circulation/lymph system where it belongs. So, the body, in trying to make things right clings to the fluid it has. Protein deficiency. Most people don't really eat high quality protein. We eat junk. There are myriad reasons as to why we are dehydrated/fluid overloaded.

It is a fact that if you have extra engorged fat cells, you are going to have water retention. Break the cycle by 'starving' the fat cells and the fluid is released. Thus, the water loss. It doesn't mean that you're NOT losing fat, it's just that the water goes first. Break open a water balloon...

Now, add to this being overweight. The pancreas is overstressed, cascades of hormones hit the system, the adrenals are impacted. ADH/ Renin-Angiotensin. The Pituitary. The hypothalamus. All are interconnected in fluid homeostasis, appetite, weight stabilization. This following is from answers.com in regard to the function of the hypothalamus.

'hypothalamus
Region of the brain containing a control centre for many autonomic-nervous-system functions. Its complex interaction with the pituitary gland makes it an important part of the endocrine system. As a critical link between the body's two control systems, the hypothalamus regulates homeostasis. Nervous and hormonal pathways connect it with the pituitary, which it stimulates to release various hormones. The hypothalamus influences food intake, weight regulation, fluid intake and balance, thirst, body heat, and the sleep cycle. Disorders can produce pituitary dysfunction, diabetes insipidus, insomnia, and temperature fluctuations.'

It's ALL interconnected. Break the cycle that causes the body to try and 'right' what's wrong, even if the overall effect is deterious to the body and things will once again be at a state of homeostasis.

My understanding of the HCG diet is to 'reset' the hypothalamus. It alone is NOT for weight loss. Granted 500 cal. is extremely low. However,  though a VLCD  alone will cause weight loss, it is not the only purpose of the HCG. The HCG promotes the release of abnormal fat deposits. That's fact, it's been researched. It promotes the fat loss WITHOUT muscle loss. Also fact that  based in research.

The HCG diet also allows for amino acids to be taken. It allows for B complex to be taken. There are allowances for supplements for any nutrient that MIGHT be lacking by dietary intake. The HCG is NOT a permanent way of life. It is a bridge to cleansing the system of excess salt ( & other substances that  are toxic to the system), of which Americans have far too much. It allows for individuals to THINK about what they're putting in their bodies. None of us can eat what we want, when we want and in the quantities we want and maintain a healthy weight.

Again, to those that naysay this, I say, do some more research. Go to the medical journals, try Pubmed, it's nice. Also realize that many drugs, depending on dosage, will have different effects on the body. Dopamine for one. Botox for another. There are many more.

As far as HCG being urine, well, it is a COMPONENT of urine in pregnant women, yes, but it is NOT urine. We have drugs not only from plants, but from animal, including humans, as well as from bacteria.

Although I'm no expert, I hope that I can speak with some authority. I've been a Registered Nurse for over 22 years and believe me, if I thought this was totally hogwash, I would not be doing it myself. I admittedly was skeptical when I first read about it, but after doing my own informal study, felt that it had merit.
I just started Releana HCG 3 days ago. I am feeling nervous and light headed. Is this a normal side affect and is it it temporary?

I feel energy but I also feel very wierd. Has anyone else experienced these side affects?
Just a thought regarding the 3500 calories = one pound issue:

If I understand the situationcorrectly:
The protocol says you consume 500 calories and the hCG enables your body to metabolize 2000 - 2500 calories per day. Some of you are saying that does not equal 3500 calories, so it does not constitute a one pound per day weight loss.

But perhaps our daily activities burn the rest of the calories, making it equal to the one pound per day?
While most of us here are trying to understand how injecting yourselves with hCG can help you lose weight and keep it off, there are somethings i would like to share here. The slow metabolism that causes the weight gain in the first place is mostly due to a poorly functioning thyroid gland (your thyroid gland plays a major role in controlling your metabolism), THERE IS SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE THAT hCG INCREASES OR NORMALISES YOUR THYROID FUNCTION. And the thyroid gland continues to function normally (meaning your metabolism is now normal or higher than "pre-hCG assisted weightloss" levels) even after cessation of hCG adminstration.

HCG also stimulates the production of testosterone and other androgenic hormones, which all contribute to the body compsition, redistribution of fat mass around the body and the normal functioning metabolism. I hope this goes in way of explaining why there is a dramatic weightloss with hCG diet and why people claim to able to keep it off once they lost the wieght.