Weight Loss Alternatives Community
topomax and body tremors

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

topomax and body tremors

My daughter has been on topomax (topamax) for 1month on 50 mg for migraine associated vertigo. The headaches have subsided, the vertigo is on and off in severity . She has had the tingling , the stomach pain, but now is having quite sever body tremors/shaking, anyone else have this problem???
Hi...yes I do. How old is she? And what is she taking it for? I am 33 yrs old and have IIH (spinal fluid leaking into my brain) which causes migraines from the high pressure in the head so they want me to take 100 mg of topamax. I am slowly increasing the dosage so I am on 50 mg right now. So far I have numb teeth, tremors when I lay down in my chest area, slow thinking and speaking, I totally space out sometimes and forget what i was doing,act loopy, say strange things, nervousness comes and goes, tingling throughout my body, sore and swollen sweat glands under my arm pits, stomach pains occasionally, decreased appetite. Now what worries me about increases the dosage is that I have been reading that ppl are losing their hair and teeth on this. Also read about ppl having permanent memory loss. I need to lose 85 lbs so I would like to stay on it for weight lose reasons in order to hopefully get rid of the IIH in my brain but I too am worried with the long list of scary side effects. I do have to say that since I have been on it I have felt happier and more energized to go trail walking again. I hope that stays that way when I increase the dosage.
I also noticed I feel like my skin is burning, like I'm having a hot flash. I also have stuffy sinuses, nasal drippings and a sore throat a lot. Those are all actual rare symptoms. My skin sort of has a yellow or pail tint to it as well.

??!!

This could be something serious. I am wondering why on earth this question is posted in the Weight loss community.

I encourage you to repost in the Neurology Community

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Neurology/show/74

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Neurology/Migraine-Associated-Vertigo-/show/1831328