weight gain after hysterectomy
after my hysterectomy at 45yrs old I am gaining weight fast...never had mood swings or sweats...taking no harmones..does anything help?Trying all over the counter pills and etc. nothing working...HELP!!
i had a hysterectomy in 09 and i have gained 50#. i am now doing zumba three times a week and watching what i eat.  i have even given up on a lot of the fatty foods i was eating. still it is not coming off like it should.  with all i am doing it seem that it is all in vain.  i think it a shame that the docs don't tell us about the after affects.  and still we keep trying.  what can be done?  if i knew what i know now i would not have had it done. and i do tell my dr. that. but i will still keep trying.  keep your heads up girls we are all on the same ship.
I had a hysterectomy at 23, forty years ago..it has been a fight to keep the weight off. I am again back up 60 lbs again. I had surgery in Jan of this year on my ankle. I feel like a dough girl..no energy and I have just started to walk again. I have very few clothes that fit.. so reading all this information has been very helpful and I am glad I have a place to vent this frustration, also.

What if you have all these problems prior to hysterectomy surgery? I am 49 and have been suffering miserably from PMS, bloat, weight gain, bowel issues, and not being able to lose weight since I had my son in 1999. I had a tubal then and have not taken any hormones until 3 years ago when I started taking natural Progesterone cream. Today I went in to be fitted with the Mirena IUD to help control uncontrollable periods (heavy, unpredictable). The doctor could not get the Mirena in my uterus. He did an in-office ultrasound and said my uterus is full of either cysts or maybe precancerous growths. He ordered me to have a formal ultrasound at the hospital. I am currently way over weight, have successfully done the HCG diet many times but the weight comes back. I have extremely bad feet that can not support this weight, they hurt so bad that I really want to have them cut off! I am terrified of gaining more weight. I don't know if whatever is in my uterus will make it necessary to have a hysterectomy. Should I have the total or partial? My doctor said that most hysterectomies including his wife's resulted in weight loss. I have suffered so much with these parts that I'm not so sure if getting them removed would be worse. My doctor prescribed more bioidentical hormones today. I don't know what to do.
Now I am scared.  I had the same surgery for the same reason(s) you did in Nov. 2011.  I was only given one other option that the surgeon didn't feel was going to work for me.  He promised me I'd be back in 5 years wanting the partial hysterectomy.  He is a Research Doctor with a world famous University in my city, a College Professor who teaches the procedure to other surgeons, and also has a practice at a very good hospital. He came highly recommended to me by my female gynecologist, a woman I trust as my physician.  I asked her if this was vanity or truly needed.  She reassured me it was medically necessary in my situation.  Maybe I should have insisted on trying some other techniques, no matter what the outcome?  I was concerned before about my health and now I'm still concerned.
   Some changes are going to happen whether we like it or not, like aging & menopause. I'm going to fight as hard as I can.
The very best of luck to you.  
Hello all.. I had a Hysto in Oct 2007 a complete one  I was 34.. due to Endometriois.. and had to have three additional surgeries because of regrowth. I suffer from hot flashes night sweats, depression and the weight gain.. I'm 5'9 and have been pretty skinny my whole life but gained some after my daughter. But it looked good.. now I just can't get this weight off I have always been active , ran track in high school, sex drive is down  but thank God I have a wonderful Man that understands. Nice to know I'm not alone
you are me to a tee - isnt it dreadful.  I eat like a mouse and still it goes on
- it wont come off either - my husband married a twig now i seem to be the
whole tree - I just dont know what is putting it on?  But thank you ladies
at least, sorry, I'm not the only one - but I will win.
What was the natural medication that was precribed to you? PLease advice? 8)
I had a partial hysterectomy 5 years ago due to endometriosis and I am now 40. I too have put on 40 lbs and I am the heaviest I've been ever! I work out every day: cardio, p90x, insanity, zumba, kickboxing.... You kname it I do it. I drink lots of water, but the loss is very small and discouraging. To top it off, I still get a monthly 'cycle' so I still have extreme menstrual cramps, breast tenderness and back pain. If I could turn time back, I would never have this surgery. It was the worst mistake I made.
SO, I am not losing my mind!!! I had a partial hysterectomy last November. I have no regrets regarding the surgery as my fibroids had doubled in both size and number. My uterus weighed 2 1/2 pounds and was putting incredible pressure on my bladder. Not to mention that I looked 4/5 months preggers. Now eight months later, I have gained 10-15 unexplained pounds and am constantly struggling to not gain any more. I have always exercised, I continue to eat smart, but  have had no luck losing. I assumed since my ovaries were left in tact I wouldn't have these types of issues. I don't exhibit any signs of menopause yet. Not too bad with PMS. Sex is great - even better. I am just so discouraged with my changing weight/shape. I am so glad I found this website. It is not all in my mind!! Hang in there ladies. I have an appt. with my OGYN soon and will see how she reacts to my issues.
I went from a size 14 to a 4 - 6 doing HCG. I know it works. I got my partial hysterectomy last week. I am getting married in May 2013 and must be able to get into the dress. I am so glad you mentioned HCG. I know it to be a winner.
I tried hcg since p90x, bike riding, and jogging wasnt working.  Disappointed as usual.  I work out to gain more slowly.  I can't lose weight no matter what and have gained 43 lbs.  I drink water and add EVERYTHING to an online diary.  Every calorie is counted....even gum.  I am currently 33 and had my surgery 2 yrs ago.  I literally thought I was insane and alone in my issues since the dr seems to dismiss me.  If I skip even a day of constant calculations I seem to gain.  I am so frustrated.
Im sure this comes way later than last answer, but going through same thing. I am now 35. 2 years ago I was diagnosed major endometrosis after 6 years of issues, constant trips to doctors and 3 ambulance trips to ER.  It was crazy. But was able to grapple my weight. After surgery and inability to take hormone replacers I have found myself struggling with a 27# weight gain. I can get down to 202 but it feels like just over night I put back on 25 pounds. I eat right @ first 6 very small meals a day to an awe hell forget it, and back to 3 meals with water no fruit juices nor carbonated beverages. I look at my daughter and think what kind of example am I setting. This is frustrating in more ways than one. So ladies ... you are soooo not alone.
To all the ladies out there who had a hysterectomy due to endometriosis you may also be dealing with autoimmune issues that typically arise with this damn disease! I had endo, adenomyosis? and fibriods.  My thryoid went beserk and found out I had autoimmune hypothryoid AKA Hashimoto's thyroid disease, as well as Sjorgren's Syndrome. I became Raw Vegan for a while and that seemed to help me lose weight and feel better before the hysterectomy but it's an extreme diet that's hard to maintain. I'm now on my 3 month anniversary since the surgery and I too am dealing with weight gain.  I would have your doctor's check your reverse T3 which indicated autoimmune thyroiditis.  There is no medication that works to my knowledge (especially NOT synthroid) to help this condition but *****.com sells dissected thyroid which is the closest you'll come to armour thyroid which used to work.  Anyhow I'm gonna try it myself to see if it works.  I'll keep you posted.  Good Luck and God Bless, Jeanine
I had à hysterectomy July 25, 2012 n i was weighing 114 n i have lost 2lbs n 3 wks. Im wondering If  i will continue to loose or gain. I dont want to loose anymore. I know this My sound odd but i would love to gain @ least 10 to 15 extra pounds. I cant eat or sleep @ night. My Dr gave some meds to sleep but not working.  Is something wrong?
I had a hysterectomy 15 years ago I was 224 and had 2 prior c sections partial h and then a year to the date a full hyst and I was 110 for as long as I can remember now almost 200 I loose a pound here and there and gain 3 back I'm so fusterated :(
I am 31 years old and I just recently had a hysterectomy and people are telling me oh your going to gain so much weight. I'm not tripping about gaining it. I was 165 and recently lost it do to stress. I wanted to know is there any tips anyone can give that keeps the weight under control ex. exercising, yoga classes.......
I had a partial hysterectomy in 1999 and had cervix and uterus removed.  I actually lost weight going from 115 to 103 lbs.  Then in 2005 had to have both ovaries removed.  I have constantly gained weight every year to where I am now 188 lbs. on a 5'4" frame.  I also have multiple heart problems and this weight is the worst.  I have always had back problems and this weight is the worst.  I can't take any kind of hormone replacement because of my heart problems and can't take black cohosh or other herbal replacements.  And all of my doctors just shake their heads.  I have an irregular heart rhythm and congestive heart failure so I can only exercise a little bit until I get out of breath.  I know what all of you are saying.  I am terribly depressed.  I feel like I'm wearing burlap bags for clothing.  I used to be so slim and I miss it terribly.
Hi, my surgery was in 1995. I mere slip at 125 lbs, I now weigh in at 250. I no longer recognize myself in a mirror. I experience a disconnect every time. I have tried various diets and exercise. Will settle for just feeling better. Heart conditions developed - SVTs, kidney functions have suffered with hyperproteinemia - dropping excessive proteins through kidney functions which should not be happening, weight gain - enough said, and erratic sleep cycles.

My concern over time has been that when surgery was performed 'they' did not reattach the lymphatics to the central cisterna chyli (the major pump of the lymphatic system). I conclude that without a system that is intact (like disconnecting the plumbing in your house from the outside sewer system) everything backs up and stays like a cesspool untreated and considerably overtaxing existing systems - pulmonary, circulatory, digestive, lymphatic, on and on...

Has anyone ever researched having their lymphatics reattached? I believe that this is THE ONLY way to alter these outcomes.

High triglycerides and LDL - HDL has come within an acceptable range - finally!

Best results were from exercising strenuously three times a week for 1 hour 45 minutes each session. By strenuous - 60 to 80 reps of leg push ups, seated gradually increasing weights to up to 150 lbs for each rep. Drinking plain water helped the most - avoided pops and other sugary drinks. Lost 25 to 30 lbs, but have put it back on, plus gained. The only exercises which really help are repetitions of heavy lifting and weight-bearing types. Good luck.

Please write with comments. Thanks for listening.
I am in tears.... I can't believe how much of us that is out there.. Help!
I also had a total hysterectomy at 32. I am now 43, and it hurts to feel like no matter what I do to lose the weight, I gained weight. I heard just exercise, watch what you eat, cut calories, blah, blah, blah, and I did it all. I really do not like myself and who do I talk to?
You all seem more of like a family than what I have, due to the same like experience. Literally as I type I cry, I am scared to eat and scared not to eat. I really want to lose weight and I am not sure of to how to fully accomplish this. I don't want to starve myself by going on all these fab diets. I want to know how do I healthily get it off and keep it off.
People who have not had the surgery think it is easy, they really don't understand, Something is missing, not only is there missing parts in my body that was there when I was born, now there is missing parts in my existence. My emotions are heavy, before I found your comments I felt alone.
Smiling On the Outside, Crying In the Inside. I really need help, really I do!
I had my full hysterectomy in 2005, everything gone but ovaries. I had a rare case of endometriosis and it was necessary to have the surgery. I could not move, felt like my spine wanted to crack in half. After the surgery, I felt better than I have in years. NO MORE PAIN. As the years passed, I noticed that my clothes was starting to feel a little snug. People started asking if I could possibly be pregnant. No way, it would be a miracle I told them. 2008 I weighed 135. I have always been around 110-120. As the years pressed on, I kept gaining more and more. I have been in Zumba, went walking, did workouts at home, went on diets and still nothing. I started out with no breast to very noticable, no thighs to going up a few size pants to fit and back and stomach fat. No exercise or anything works. Today I now weigh 168.

Also, a couple of years ago, I had to have surgery to remove a large mass from my breast. They noted there was scaring. Does anyone know if endo can spread all throughout your body?

It is depressing when a person such as ourselves have done possibly all we could to lose the weight. If anyone have a solution, please advise.
I also have had a hysterectomy and have gained over 40 pounds.  I've always been a thin woman who felt good about myself and my body.  The weight gain has made me feel very unsure of myself and I have a negative view of my body.  I don't even like to be naked in front of my spouse, who has been very supportive and doesn't seem to look at me any differently.  Unfortunately, it is about how I feel about myself.  I've been searching the internet frantically looking for something to help lose this weight, but have yet to come up with a solution.  Exercising has to be limited for me due to back, neck, and hip issues.  What do I do?
Did u ever find out the name of the hormone 'L' that we all are missing? And has the medical community come out with something to replace it to take and help with weight loss and/or not continuing to gain weight? I had a full hysterectomy 10 yrs ago & have continued to gain weight over the last 5 yrs. it has recently become out of control. I'm hoping u can help....
becareful....hormone replacement WILL give You Breast Cancer!! I had it from Birth control Pill and friend from ht!  Going through same!! Sorry!!
Hi All

I'm having the same problems. I'm 38 I had a complete hyst in 2011 gained 50 pounds since then.  I was diagnosed with hormonal breast cancer in 2010.
I had my hyst BC the doctors found my ovaries thickening so for precaution reasons due to have breast cancer they took everything. I now have been diagnosed with RA, my heart is too high so I'm on beta blockers & I have high blood pressure.  O & my thyroid is normal. I am going to make an appt. with my endocrine doc again. I haven't seen her since my hysto. I am desperate, over this crap! I don't eat much at all if I do it's healthy. I won't even date BC of my weight I'm so embarrassed. I've always been skinny until I had my son. I gained weight with him but started to loose it until I had my hysto. No matter what I do I gain weight. Two months ago I did loose 10 pds but that's it. I don't even know what I did to loose it i wish I knew.......  
Wish you could share that 10 lb loss secret also haha.  I had a complete histerectomy a year ago and I have gained 40 lbs since then.  Before the surgery I was working out five days a week and feeling very good about my body.  I have always weighed around 120 and now weight about 180.  It is depressing and I can't even feel comfortable with my husband.  Who "does not mind that I got fat".  I am taking a testosterone/estrogen hormone that I just started last week.  Before that I was on Premerin and I had no energy, sex drive or anything.  I could sleep all day if I wanted to.  I went on medifast and followed it to the letter for six months and gained three pounds.  So I am hoping this new hormone is the answer but I am not convinced.  Glad to know I am not the only one out there.  
Everyone should try the HCG injections...I can relate to everyone's weight issues post partial hysterectomy. Body wraps are also a plus. You have to pay like you weigh! Best wishes and God bless!
Ok I'm might get moody , I get hot flashes at time is my bed room an icebox ... But as for pills ... No way .. Tried the hormones replacement ... Didn't like them ... Why take them ... For mood swings ..yah I get them  ...but No pill   ... As for weight I see a doctor ...she has me on a diet pill ..but under her watch . I was before 182lb  . A year ago . Today I'm at 162lb ... I am losing  weight ,if I worked out , it might be more ... In wieght .   but I'm not  working out ...  So u see u get luck some times ... Doctor Sutha Sachar she the best ...
I had my surgery 5 years ago. Gained about 50 pounds !! I also tried everything out there and nothing worked. 2 month ago I started Atkins...( they have frozen dinners now). This makes it so much easier ...and  ...the first time in 5 years I LOSE WEIGHT !!!!. I am so happy. I lost 10 pounds in 2 month. I follow the plan to the T. It may not work for everybody...but it works for me. So, this is my tip for all you Ladies out there. give it a shot.
I had a hysterectomy a little over a year ago. Like each of you, I noticed rapid weight gain. I mostly wrote it off as me getting older and my metabolism slowing down, so I ignored it.
Then, I accidentally started losing weight by taking a couple of supplements that are good for my hair. Those supplements caused me to start losing weight as well. I don't know if they will work for "everyone" since every body is different and needs different things. But, if it will help a few people here, you can take:
1. Fish oil concentrate supplements (3000 mg per day)
2. Inositol (2000 mg per day)
3. CLA (1500 mg per day)
Try this and give it a couple of months. I hope it works for some of you. It did for me.
So have you noticed a different from taking this combination.
I had a partical hysterectomy in 2005, have always weighed 128 lbs. I was 50 then.  No problems after surgery I even drank ensure to keep my weight at that.  This year I started having hot flashes to extreme.  Ive gained 60 lbs and I eat nothing my entire life but vegetables, fruits and a little meat and fish.
I use to eat non stop all the time and could never gain weight.  If food sees me on a plate, I gain a pound.
So what are your thoughts. The doctor gave me diet pills I think they make me hungry.  I had Lupron shot in 2005 to shrink tumors, and they nicked my uterus and that is why I had a partical hysterectomy.   I can exercise and lose nothing too.  Now I am having these muscle spams in my chest under my rib cage and it about kills me with pain, they told me oh you have IBS... BS had a ct scan and told me I have a few tumors or cyst on my liver and one I had before has grown now I am going to have a colonoscopy and an endoscopy in a couple of weeks so they can look inside.  Anyone have rolls of fat twisted up around rib cage and hurting that is my take on it.
Hello be encouraged. I had the same problem but I began to pray about it and I was sent a work out friend. She and I worked out hard for about an hour a day(five days a week) I made sure that I burned at least 500 cal. Now Im up to 900 cal or more sometimes. We started in May of 2013
and by September I had lost 28lbs. Which that tell me the weight can be lost but you have to work extra hard to get it off. Hope this helps
I am24 and had a hysterectomy in April. Only thing left are my ovaries. I'm gaining weight like crazy. I've tried everything... Help please
I had a Hysterectomy Jan 24, 2014 and i had both tubes, uterus and cervix removed.  This is my 7th week post op and have started a new diet plan 3 weeks ago.  1st week I managed to lose 9.5 lbs.  Second week I gained it all back and a few more, I am still having a bit of pain and had a bladder infection post op and I am not having regular bowel movements.  I desperately want this year to be the year that I finally get this weight off and I have spend 14 years in pain with endometriosis and I was so excited to finally have the surgery and now it seems I am going to have great difficulty losing weight.  I am so depressed.
Thank the lord, I feel like I am making excuses for my weight gain, I eat very healthy, yes I drink at the weekends but I always did, I am thinking of ordering Rasberry ketone, anybody tried these?, I have put on over 2 stone in a year i am only 5ft 2 :(
I have to say reading this is all very discouraging.  I had full hysterectomy last May 2013 due to ovarian cancer, stage 3C.  had 6 months of chemo, all a success.  I'm 5'6" and my highest weight is about 180 (before surgery) due to all the tumors and fluid.  After surgery and several complications, was down to 155 but wasn't sick during chemo, able to eat, but didn't move around enough and now I am up to about 174 lbs.  I can feel I am in a gaining mode, and I don't want to ever be heavy.  I am with a Naturopathic doctor now who is trained in oncology.  I did all the conventional stuff and now I'm going to try the 21 day sugar detox book (google it). Also reading grain brain and trying to reduce all grains.  I exercise about 3 - 4 times per week.  I will post again in about 3 months to tell if this is working.  I would like to stablize at about 160 lbs.  I have to believe that the foods we are eating are making us fat because many, many women without hysterectomies are gaining like crazy too!!
You should start taking BAAR NASCENT ATOMIC IODINE.  Buy it on Amazon $33.  Your thyroid needs support.  Your thyroid has a lot to do with your weight.  Also your adrenals now are very important in your weight.  Learn about supporting them.
I too have a total  and ed the  but I didn't think much about it since I was already big from having three kids and tubes tied. But there is HOPE. I had my surgery on 6/11 and it is now 7/14 and I'm shedding pounds and inches. It took me working my job at walmart and losing my car back in May of this year but I ride 5 miles a day to and from work. I ride a bicycle to work 5x's a week. I started off at 220 pounds  surgery and the last time I checked which was a year and half ago I was 197 lbs. I haven't step on a scale since then but my clothes are alot bigger. I went from 4x to 3x to 2x to a 1x and now size 16p pants and 15/17 shirts and sometimes a 8/10 depends on shirt. The pounds and inches will fall off just don't give up. Yes, you also have to watch what you eat.
yes I do I have also gain a lot of weight from it and not on any hormones either and I am retaining a lot of water and have also develop edema as well and also tired of going to doctors after doctors and not getting any help or releif
Hello everyone.
This surgery was the worst thing I have ever done in my life.
I have never had issues with weight. And since this stupid surgery.. I have gained steadily since.
Total.. I have put on 56lbs. Its so heart breaking to know there is no resolution in sight. And crazy to see how many of us are dealing with this.. How many of us our fighting this.

I am getting married in Oct. My dream wedding.. and I am an inch from fitting in my dress.. yet cant drop one damn pound. Crazy.

I throw my hands up.. even if I eat extremely well... and workout at the gym daily.. nothing helps. And I get so frustrated.

I am taking Lipo Red pills from Max Muscle. Its an amazing pill.. gives me the energy I need to get through my work day and off to the gym.. but no real sign of weight loss. I still take it daily.. because I believe it cant hurt.. I want to keep trying and keep pushing forward.

I found a healthy menu plan to follow.. so my intent is to stick to this menu plan.. keep working out and keep my chin up.

I could just cry when I see how much I have gained over the 6 years since my surgery.
How not only did the surgery almost kill me... but it killed the very essence of the person I was.

I know all of us are struggling. Its a very sad tale. And reading all these posts makes me want to cry for all of us...

But.. I am not giving up. I refuse to let this surgery kill every last piece of me. I REFUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to beat this. I am going to kick some A$$ and I will share whatever wisdom I have... with all of you.. my fellow sufferers.

Keep the faith.. WE are one...
Hello all...I had a Davinci hysterectomy Oct.9th, they left both of my ovaries but took everything else. I healed very fast (was at the store getting groceries with my son on the 13th of Oct.) but I've gained about 13 pounds since. About 4 years ago I started taking Macafem for my menopause symptoms, which were complete torture on me and my family...It was"my husband asked me for a divorce" bad!! I thought the Macafem was my cure. I had dropped 72 pounds in the 1st year and few months of taking it. I felt soooo Great and my husband was Amazed that my sex drive came back 100%. About a year ago I put 15 pounds back on, wasn't happy but I didn't stress about it. Then I had the hysterectomy because the pain, bleeding and endometriosis got to much to handle and now I can't seem to stop the weight gain!! The Macafem still works for all the menopause symptoms...haven't had any hot flashes or night sweats since I started taking it and very, very few mood swings. My energy and stamina since the hysterectomy has dropped but my sex drive has doubled. Having a seriously high sex drive and gaining weight so fast Does Not make me feel good or sexy at all!! I've been reading everyone's posts and finding some comfort in the fact that I'm not crazy and all of this is not only happening to me!! I will try the L-carnitine suppliment starting tomorrow to see if that will help. Thank you all for posting!!
I hope this helps...I lost both of my ovaries in 2012 and 2103, kept uterus...We all know that ovaries are the factory of hormonal production. Once removed, the responsibility of eeking out minimal hormonal production shifts to the adrenal glands and to other tissues, to include fat cells. Adrenals are not nearly as effective at this new job as the ovaries were, and if the adrenals are stressed, then the battle is on for the adrenals to do it all. Most of the time the hormones it can make are used to make more cortisol just so they can keep up with the stress; this contributes to the lovely fat around our midsection. IF we had the chance to go through natural menopause then our bodies would have gradually adjusted to this change. Once we were thrown into menopause or had our reproductive system violated ( and your ovaries can go dormant after uterine removal), then we were propelled into an immediate upheaval that our body may not recover from without our help. I can tell you from experience, that taking BIOIDENTICAL HORMONES, if you can, is a necessity. All three, estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone. AND you must find balance between them all. You have to become the hormone provider and regulator to your body now; administer, regulate, monitor your own hormone "production" and do this faithfully, methodically, and have patience. Have frequent blood tests and physician supervision to monitor hormone levels and make changes to dosages. Realize that any changes in dosing of bioidentical hormones takes weeks to months to stabilize. This past summer I experienced several months of being unable to administer estrogen. I could only use testosterone and progesterone. I lost 7 pounds as a result. In winter, I was once again able to use estrogen again. I used estrogen almost exclusively for 3 months. I gained 10 pounds. IMBALANCE and excess estrogen hormone was the latest issue. No exercise during both times. I have just started to exercise and have changed my administration of all 3 hormones to find optimal balance. LEARN all you can about how hormones work TOGETHER and if you can please get bioidentical hormones in your body as soon as you can, reduce the stress you have on your adrenals so they can do thier original job, and you might find that you could lose or at least maintain a weight you feel comfortable with and feel healthy. If you are not able to take or get bioidentical hormones then at least try to reduce unnecessary stress so that your adrenals have the ability to work better. I know how hard this is, and I struggle too. Remember that excercising yourself to death contributes to your body's stress level. If you are going to exercise be sensible and don't expect changes to occur as quickly. Our bodies are designed to stay alive and will sacrifice everything you think you want to keep itself alive. If you can only take synthetic estrogen, please use progesterone to complement the estrogen. Progesterone can and does convert to testosterone. Testosterone can and does convert to estrogen. You deserve a better quality of life, and I know that I will not settle for anything less as long as I am alive and modern medicine is available. Just my 2 cents. Peace and love to all.
Bioidentical hormones !!! that is what my wife found and it works ... she gets pellets with hormones that are formulated to make up where you are lacking due to your ovary loss (they look at blood test results to figure that out). they surgically insert the pellets in her hip about once every 4 or 5 months .. only takes 15 minutes and costs about 300 dollars each visit, which she is happy to pay ... and so am I just to see her so happy.
i am 50 yrs old. i had an omentectomy 4 months ago. i have started gaining weight one month later. i have joint and body pains with movement. my doctor says i have gotten too comfortable and suggests stretching exercises. i am not on any meds right now and is not experiencing any menopausal symptoms. i have googled BHRT doctors or specialists in my country and haven't found any yet. that treatment sounds promising but still trying the exercises and intend to go on a low carb diet. i appreciate all the comments i have read above. it is hard to find specialist treatment in my country that may be credible. wish me luck.
I feel so bad for you, because i feel exactly the same way you do. I had a total hysterectomy a little over a yr ago. I lost 30 lbs after surgery, I had a really hard time recovering. I have in the past yr gained that  30 lbs plus an additional 20.  I live on weight watchers diets and try to exercise when my body will allow me to. I ache and seem to tire after a day at work more than I did before. I get go depressed from  not being able to lose more than 4 lbs and thats with watching every bite going in my mouth.. You are not alone that's for sure. I hope things are getting better for you...
I am having the same problem. I lost 20 pounds doing WW and then right after I had my hysterectomy, even though I still eat the same and exercise all the time, I have put most of it back on.  I am so depressed about it.
Bio hormones aren't an option and frowned upon by those with a cancer history. I have also tried eating clean and purged sugar from my diet. I do crossfit and eat frequent small meals and still the scale/measuring tape doesn't move.. Frustrating!!!
ANSWER:  Unfortunately it is a scientific fact that weight loss is associated with hormone levels.  I had a full hysterectomy 2 years ago and now I realize it was unnecessary.  yes I am pissed, but what can i do?  Thank the good Lord I only gained 16 pounds but am now 148 pounds. My normal weight is 132 and I'm 43 years old.   I know how to work out and used to be a trainer and getting the weight off had been a nightmare.  Here's what I've learned in the last 2 years.

1.  You have to have your hormones straightened out.

If you aren't taking  hormones, will be very hard to lose weight.  Here's the thing, estrogen, progesterone and testosterone IN THE FEMALE body, all work in metabolizing fat.  Without these, fat storage increases and when fat increases, so does the hormone that keeps INCREASING fat storage.  That's why all the posts above from women on NO hormones keep getting larger.  Unfortunately few male doctors seem to care about this in women.  You will have to find a doctor willing to help you.  Find a doctor who deals in 'HORMONE REPLACEMENT", not really an endocronologist, but maybe, but most endocronologists are focused on more scary things rather than merely weight gain.  

I found a family doctor who is certified in hormone replacement.   I now take Estradial in the morning and a Progesterone pill and Testosterone cream (applied to the sensitive skin in the private area for best absorption) in the evening. (You can take Testosterone in a pill, but the cream treats a lot of other things as well such as dryness, etc).  I've tried both and prefer the cream. All are natural hormones, NOT synthetic.  I feel amazing and like I did before the hysterectomy.  Sex life is back as is my energy, better mood and no longer irritable all the time.  No more weight gain and not killing myself any longer in the gym, back to my normal routine as it was before the surgery.  Yes the weight is coming off, but slowly about a pound every 3 weeks, but doctor says will get better the longer I am on the hormones.  Its only been 3 months, but I'm doing much better than before the hormones.  

I know some posts are from women who have had cancer and other serious issues, and I'm not sure how these hormones would affect you, but would strongly recommend finding a doctor who specializes in hormone replacement to find out.  Its the best thing I've done since the surgery.   Best of luck to you all.    
May I ask is your doctor that has helped you so much.....is he in North Carolina by any chance because I'm about to relocate there and will be in need of a new doctor?
Oh boy sorry for the typos.....I'm meant to say.....I'm about to relocate.
Thank you for your post. I had a radical hysterectomy with oophorectomy three years ago. My doctors have never mentioned the need for any hormones. I have complained to the point of hysteria that I feel miserable fighting off extreme migraines, body aches, tiredness, steady weight gain, brain fog,chest pains, anxiety, basically I am just not myself and feel as though I have aged well beyond my years. Normally I am a very active person. I work full time, coach a varsity sport, and work out. It is all I can do to keep up. Because of these posts, I have located a doctor that I hope can help to get me on to the path to normal life again.
I had a radical hysterectomy due to Adenosarcoma (rare form of uterine sarcoma) a little over a year ago. Like others, I began gaining weight even though I've always been active and eat healthy. I tried many different 'diets' and had little success. I gained about a pound a month. After a year, my pants no longer fit and I could actually see fat deposits where there had never been any before. It was depressing.

Finally I tried a low carb diet. After a few weeks of eating meat, cheese, healthy fats and protein, the fat seemed to melt away. The scale didn't change all that much but I look and feel much better and all my jeans once again fit. I'm 54 and 5'8" and have always weighed between 140-145. I'm still about 8 lbs over that, but my stomach is flat and the deposits on my hips are slowly melting away. It's the only thing I've found that has worked and it's not very hard to eat low carb at all. Have a steak and a salad, or eggs with cheese. You'd be surprised at how well it works to eliminate fat from your body.

I'm not saying it will work for everyone, but avoiding carbs does scientifically force your body to turn to fat burning for energy. Good luck!