Weight Loss Alternatives Community
weight loss and vit b12

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

weight loss and vit b12

I live in the pittsburgh area and have my 1st appt tomorrow at a weight loss clinic, i was told that they will do blood work, ekg, etc. then another appt next week to meet with the doctor.  they said i would next to get b12 injections 4-5x/week. does that seem like it is too much?  It is my understanding that i will also be getting appetite suppressant, and diuretic.  If anyone has input i would greatly appreciate it.  CW192 GW130.
Doesn't seem like too much for B12 alone.  Good luck!
Wow!  I never post comments, but I also live in the 'Burgh and it sounds like we have made appointments at the same place! I actually made my appointment today for next week.   I am checking everything out, but it sounds like a well-rounded plan compared to others I have heard of that offer only appetite suppressants (I took FenPhen 8 years ago and lost about 45 pounds).  I am currently doing B-12 injections under my PCP for a deficiency.  I have not lost any weight after almost 3 weeks.  I was hoping this would be a side effect in addition to a gain in energy (I have severe fatigue). I have noticed one pair of pants is perhaps a little looser in the waist.  I am currently taking a dose of 1000 (mg?) 2/week for the 1st month, then once/week the next month, then 1/biweekly, then once per month indefinitely.  My B12 was very low, however, for my age so I think it will take some time to recover a normal level.  The B12 dose the weight loss clinic offers is 500 (mg?) per injection, I was told.  I do know that the appetite suppressants (phentermine is one) that they offer do work, as I took them after the Fen part of PhenFen went off the market.  It does not work as well as the combo.  I would like to hear others' comments as well.  I worry about the B6 injections as I think this is something that one can take too much of.  Let me know how your 1st appointment went and I will do the same.  Goodluck!
i had my 1st appt today, everything went well  i had the bloodwork, ekg done, and filled out paperwork.  i will need to go back on tuesday for my md visit,meal plan,meds etc. they told me i can expect to lose 2.7lbs/week (average).  That doesn't sound like alot, but i guess it's better than gaining  it a week!!!  lol  i will  let ya know how my visit with the dr goes next week.  
They told me the same thing. i guess they tell you that, just incase you only loose that. I got my shot on Monday and I have lost 5lbs as of this morning. Good Luck
how did you feel after getting the shot?  do you take any appetite suppressants?  if so, do you take both on the same day?  thanks for any and all info.  I'm really excited about losing, but also a little scared about any side effects.
I am not suppose to weigh myself, but I cant help it!!!! As of today I am 8lbs lighter and it has only been one week since I started. I get the shot every 3 weeks, and I take the pills every morning. The pills are to surpress my appetite. Feel free to ask me any questions, I am gald I can help. I was the same way just a week ago, I wanted to read any and everything that would help me better prepare for the shot and pills. I am doing very weel thus far! Good Luck
Hi,  I had my appt.  They said I would lose 3.3 lbs a week.  1200 calorie diet.  The dr. held my ankle for a minute and said I was retaining about 3lbs of water so he gave me a water pill and potassium.  They also gave me Adipex, one in am and 1/2 in the afternoon.  I will start it all tomorrow.  I also got the b6/b12 injection.  The program seems promising!  I lost weight before with the Adipex/pondimin and didn't have the help of the injections and diuretic so maybe this will work better!  My only discouragement (aside from the whole calorie reduction and not eating cookies) is from my previous b12 injections through my PCP--I didn't lose any weight in 3 weeks.  It was a different dosage and different administration so we'll see! LOL!
I have been ong B6and B12 injections and loss 5 LBS a week.  This clinic in Canada is very expensive and only 900  calories - bit it works.  I am looking for the amounts of B12 and B6 and the concentrations to start giving myself the injections once I run out of money.  Do you know the concentrationa and the dose you are taking..thanks
Hi,I asked the nurse and the B6 is 50mg, B12 is 50 mcg per shot mixed together.  I can get the shots 5 days a week, but I must go to the clinic.  the nurse said it is the highest dose for receiving daily injections.  Is that enough to know to do them ourselves eventually?  I guess I didn't ask about the concentrations.  What else should I ask?  I think everything is working well, because I have lost 5 pounds in 4 days.  I know it is mostly water, but I feel encouraged.  Plus, not having my appetite knock at my door almost every minute really helps me focus on what I am eating and how much. I take Adipex (phentermine) 37.5 in am and  1/2 of that at 4 pm.  I am on a 1200 calorie diet, but I have about 100 pounds to lose.   The Adipex is making me a little jittery and I am having trouble sleeping.  The Dr. said they could give me something for that......
CONGRATULATIONS ALL WHO ARE GOING IN AND GETTING B12 SHOT AND TAKING "APPETITE SUPPRESSANTS" YOU ARE NOW ON A CLASS A NARCOTIC... THE APPATITE SUPPRESSANT IS BASICALLY SPEED.. WHICH AS YOU ARE AWARE OF IS EXTREMELY BAD FOR YOU AND TERRIBLE FOR YOUR HEALTH... YES YOU MAY BE GETTING UNHEALTHY BODY FAT OFF YOUR BODY BUT YOU ARE DOING MUCH MORE DAMAGE TO YOUR BODY THAT ANYTHING... IM ONLY WRITING THIS BECAUSE I CARE.. AND DOCTORS ARE TERRIBLE CRIMINALS JUST TRYING TO MAKE MONEY.. AND THEY ARE GOOD AT IT!! I FEEL BAD SAYING DOCTORS! BECUASE THERE ARE SOME GOOD DOCTORS THAT REALLY CARE! BUT MOST DO NOT... THE WHOLE PHARMACEUTICAL WORLD IS KILLING PEOPLE BY THE MINUTE... TRUST ME WHEN I SAY THERE IS A NATURAL WAY TO CURE ANYTHING, EVEN SOMETHING AS LITTLE AS WEIGHT LOSS.... THINK ABOUT IT DO YOU GO IN FOR BLOOD TESTS AND MONITORING WHILE ON THIS PROGRAM?? YES YOU PROABABLY DO! WHY? BECAUSE YOUR ON A DRUG THAT STIMULATES YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE, AND STARVES YOU... WHY ARE YOU TAKING B12 SHOTS?? BECUASE YOUR NOT GETTING PROPER NUTRITION, AND LOSING ENERGY, BUT THE B12 KEEPS YOU GOING... TRY TO RESEARCH THIS AND RETHINK YOUR OPTIONS! PLEASE DONT GET MAD AND ME, I JUST KNOW WHAT I KNOW, AND HAVE BEEN RESEARCHING THIS BECUASE MY MOTHER IS DOING WHICH IS STOPPING NOW THAT SHE HAS BEEN EDUCATED... AND WHEN YOU RESEARCH DONT READ ARTICLES THAT DOCTORS WRITE BECUASE OBVIOUSLY THEY WILL SELL YOU ON IT, BECAUSE THEY ALREADY DID! MUCH LOVE EVERYONE!
Thanks for the amounts _ I have reasearched and found the shots online and the concentrations.  I will try in the next few weeks as I have ordered and will let you know.