Weight Loss Alternatives Community
weight loss help?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

weight loss help?

IWell my name is rubi  I'm 5"3 and weight 164lb want to loose 25lb. I want to know like a diet plan I can do at home and like exercise at home. I need to lose them for may please I also want to get healthy and feel better about myself.   Hope someone can answer me thanks.
Hi!
If you want to lose weight, then you must do it the scientific way for long term benefits, healthy glow, and a good physique and body. People who are successful in losing weight and maintaining it are the ones who make lifestyle changes which are acceptable to them, their palate and their working style. To do this you must look for healthier cooking options for meals you love, and slowly cut down on the fat in it so as to not irritate your taste buds much.
First determine the number of calories per day. You have to first calculate your basal metabolic rate depending on your lifestyle. There are many BMR calculators available on line. While they are not 100% accurate, they give you a rough idea regarding the number of calories required to maintain your basal metabolic functions. Eating more calories than this can cause weight gain. If you want to lose weight then you need to consume lesser calories than required for the basal metabolic functions. Also, since you can’t cut down calories drastically, you need to exercise to burn some calories. So if the net calorie consumption is less than need for basal metabolic function and burning of calories is reasonably good, you will start losing weight. You can get many charts online which show you how many calories you burn with a particular exercise. You can use this as rough guideline to help you with an exercise regimen that does not tire you out. I suggest you eat frequent small meals and stop counting calories.
It is best to eat lots of fruits and non-starchy green veggies, go slow on fats, eat carbohydrates in moderation and increase your protein intake (lean cuts, whites of eggs etc). Drink plenty of water and non fattening fluids such as clear soups etc. Look for hidden calories in salads and soups and avoid them (eg: cheese, butter, dressings etc).
Also, you need to exercise regularly. You need to start slow and then build up stamina as the days progress. A combination of aerobic, strength training and stretches works best. Many people find it difficult to fit an exercise regimen into their lives. The best way is to join a gym. If that is not possible, try building exercise into your daily life. If you lead a busy life, then walk to work, or to bus stand etc, climb stairs instead of using lifts, walk while talking on cell phone, or briskly walk to any place you are going to. See how you can change your lifestyle to incorporate exercise. Buddy system also helps. You can find a friend either in neighbourhood or online with similar weight loss targets. Thereafter you can either exercise together, or discuss recipes, exchange notes and generally motivate each other. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.