Weight Loss Journeys User Group
Do You Binge Eat?
About This Group:

A group for people who would like regular buddy support on their weight loss journey. Anyone can join the group the only request from every member it to participate in teh group regularily - to share highs and lows, to be supportive and inspiring to eachother.

Founded by Whatawoman72 on May 1, 2010
188 members

Do You Binge Eat?

I have always known that I binge eat but have recently realized that I go a little above and beyond the norm. Do you do this? Do you know why? How has it hindered your weight loss goals and self esteem?

I have kept my weight down but beat myself up weekly over this issue. It really makes me feel like a failure even when my weight is not up. Feeling so out of control really does a number on me. Sometimes I feel like a cheat or a fake :(
I binge. All the time. I'm really awful at controlling my cravings/sweet tooth so I don't really try. Since I joined this site a week ago, I've been trying much harder. Not buying snacks, bringing food from home, etc. I'm a full time student so a lot of the time I just want to be lazy and buy lunch at school but I know that it would only delete any progress I've made.

I'm taking it in small steps. Bring healthy snacks like veggies or fruit so that when you DO feel like eating something just because it isn't high in sugar, fat or sodium.

It's a hard journey, but with support we can all make it.
Thank you. It just seems like such an uphill battle sometimes and always so hard to fight. One day at a time I guess.
It certainly does seem like an uphill battle. You know you shouldn't eat and you know you don't want to but that sometimes automatic eating can just get in the way.

Hopefully we can all find enough support through each other and the people directly in our lives to learn to control cravings/bad habits.

:)
Am a Food addict who is also a emotional eater. So, when things get crazy, I eat to no end. To the point of getting sick! Then hate myself for the rest of what is left in a 24 hr day!! Somehow,someway, I will beat this addiction or at best how to manage my addiction! I just have to figure out how I can better handle my emotions instead of running for food. (Side note: I call it addication,because, that is what it is :0(..) Just one day at a time. Just like I did when I quit smoking!!!! Best of Luck to you all,on your journey!! T
This is a great post:

I got to the point three weeks ago that I was sure I had an eating disorder of some sort -  kinda half bulemic -  I do the binging just not the perging....

I disgust myself sometimes with the amount I eat -  my portion sizes are huge and unhealthy and my junk food snacking out of control -  I can easiliy get through a multi pack of crisps (chips) and a multi pack of chocoalte bars - conuming -  about 2800 extra calories in a  day to my meals which are already close on 3000.

Taking control is so hard and then keeping control even harder.

I am on day 21 of the new me and am happy with 10.6lb weight loss as I have cut out ALL snacking. I dont eat after 7pm. I have made portion sizes smaller and dont obsess about eating -  I find when I write it all down, plan ahead, count calories etc I find my every thought is food related.... I have dieted on and off so many times that I know the calories and food group values of all foods that I eat. I have cut out most fizzy drinks/soda and increased my water.

So here is to 2011 being the eyar I crack my eating addiction... stop emotional eating... and eat for nourishment and survival not for comfort and enjoyment.
wonko commented on Lynniepooh's status
tigerlilly5909 I can see my goal line! Comment
Apr 17
Barb135 commented on specialmom's status
Apr 16