Weight Loss Journeys User Group
Not giving food the power
About This Group:

A group for people who would like regular buddy support on their weight loss journey. Anyone can join the group the only request from every member it to participate in teh group regularily - to share highs and lows, to be supportive and inspiring to eachother.

Founded by Whatawoman72 on May 1, 2010
186 members

Not giving food the power

6537793?1294837489
Hi everybody! I am new here too.  I watched Oprah's interview with Ellen DeGeneres'es wife, Portia last week and was really taken by something she said. Portia told of her eating disorder and how she overcame it and how she views eating and food and exercise now. You should have seen the look on Oprah's face! It was an Awe- Ha moment!  Portia told her that when it comes to exercise, she hates to exercise. She is dedicated to having an active lifestyle doing the things she enjoys and that make her happy but that keep her active (like horse riding/jumping/training) and that no food is off limits. She said that gives the food too much power. Once a food is permissible, it takes the desire for it away. Interesting huh?  That seemed a very healthy way of looking at diet and exercise.
Tags: Exercise
TinaR10 commented on Scared now...Not sure...
Barb135 commented on orphanedhawk's status
TinaR10 commented on TinaR10's status