Weight Loss Community
Phentermine and Topiramate taken together for weight loss
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to natural weight loss techniques, healthy eating, a balanced diet, and daily exercise.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Phentermine and Topiramate taken together for weight loss

I currently am on Phentermine 37.5 mg once a day for weight loss, I have been taking since January 2012.  Can I take Topiramate (not sure what milligram) along with Phentermine for increased weight loss.  I have lost 50 pounds since January 2012, but I quit losing weight about 9 months ago.  The Phentermine still curb my appetite, and I still am watching my portions, but seem to be stuck at losing more weight.  I have degenerative disc desease, osteoarthritis, gout and fybromialgia.  From what I have been reading Topiramate may help these conditions as well.  I am aware that the new drug Qsymia contains both drugs, but I haved reviewed the costs per month and would not be able to afford that.  How much does Topiramate cost per month, my Phentermine is only $18.00 for 30 pills.  Thank you in advance for any information and advice.
620923_tn?1405964489

Hi....I am not a medical Dr and would caution u on taking these meds together....I was on Topiramate or TOPAMAX and di dnot have ne weight loss....as it is not a weight loss med, it is only a possible side effect.

Diet and exercise should be ur go to since u have had a stale mate on the weight loss.....

Talk this all over with ur Dr.....IMHO I feel this is not a great idea.
Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Weight Loss Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...
Aug 28 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
233488_tn?1310696703