Aa
A
A
Close
Phentermine and Topiramate taken together for weight loss
I currently am on Phentermine 37.5 mg once a day for weight loss, I have been taking since January 2012.  Can I take Topiramate (not sure what milligram) along with Phentermine for increased weight loss.  I have lost 50 pounds since January 2012, but I quit losing weight about 9 months ago.  The Phentermine still curb my appetite, and I still am watching my portions, but seem to be stuck at losing more weight.  I have degenerative disc desease, osteoarthritis, gout and fybromialgia.  From what I have been reading Topiramate may help these conditions as well.  I am aware that the new drug Qsymia contains both drugs, but I haved reviewed the costs per month and would not be able to afford that.  How much does Topiramate cost per month, my Phentermine is only $18.00 for 30 pills.  Thank you in advance for any information and advice.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
620923 tn?1452919248

Hi....I am not a medical Dr and would caution u on taking these meds together....I was on Topiramate or TOPAMAX and di dnot have ne weight loss....as it is not a weight loss med, it is only a possible side effect.

Diet and exercise should be ur go to since u have had a stale mate on the weight loss.....

Talk this all over with ur Dr.....IMHO I feel this is not a great idea.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Weight Loss Community Resources