Women's Choice Community
Abortion

This forum is for questions and support regarding Women's Choices including abortion, adoption, parenting, problems with a pregnancy, woman's health or life, and fetal anomaly.

Abortion

I am pregnant and i need to have an abortion. Does gynaecosid work as an abortion pill ? If it does how long does it take to work ? Are there any other abortion pills that can be taken within the first two months of pregnancy ? I have missed my first period so i think i am a few weeks pregnant
Honestly, I don't know what pills can be used to terminate a pregnancy as I've never been in that position. Are you trying to self-medicate?  Otherwise, you should seek medical help to accomplish what you're trying to do.  I'm sure a doctor would know the best medicines to use to successfully execute an abortion.
The only advice I will give you is to seek medical help.
I hope you will carefully weigh all the options before making such a huge, life changing decision as this will affect you the rest of your life. Don't be too hasty in making the decision, that's all I can say. I know things look bad right now but it may not be as bad as you think. Just please think things through carefully before making such an important decision.
GO TO A DOCTOR!! Seriously...did you even look up what that pill is supposed to do? If you take it with out a doctors say then it can be dangerous.

Found this on an old forum:

"Another drug mistakenly thought to be an emergency contraceptive is Gynaecosid, which is recommended for the treatment of amenorrhea not related to pregnancy. The use of these drugs as emergency contraceptive agents is dangerous."

http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/journals/2908403.html
Self abortion is dangerous. And I echo April2's sentiments.
Go to a Planned Parenthood clinic before you do anything stupid like taking random medications. They can offer you a surgical abortion or the actual abortion pill as well as talk to you about other options.

Planned Parenthood can also help you find an effective method of birth control so you can hopefully avoid another unplanned pregnancy in the future.

Good luck.
I agree, I am personally pro choice, I don't know your reasons, but I highly suggest that if you need to have an abortion that it is done by a Dr and that you are under medical care after. Even though it is an out patient procedure there can be risks and complications... even if it is only done by a pill... for your own health and safety, please seek medical care. Not to mention... abortion is a tough decision in and of its self, you wouldn't want to do something accidentally to make this more difficult. (((HUGS))) I'm sorry you are going through this rough time right now.
There is a pill for abortion...you have up to 9 weeks its called Mifeprostone and Misoprostol its actually the same price as the surgical abortion which is strange to me. I dont know what your reasons are, but i wish you all the best! Good luck!
I do not know your situation so I will not judge but I hope for your sake you go to a dr my dear! You would hate to do something that can premanently ruin your chance to ever have a healthy baby in the future. I know someone who took a pill and thought the baby was gone but she had bleed and not passed the baby then 7 years later whn she was married and trying to get pregnant she found put the baby was clcified in her uterus and she could not bear children. I hope you ahve support and someone to talk to about this! Your hormones are in full fource right now and they can cloud your judgement. Weigh the prosa nd cons and all your options well to make the best decision for you! A safe one at that!
i' m  5 weeks pregnant. i want to have an abortion but it's not legal in my country. can i take the emergency pill as if it where the misoprostol and mifepristone?
is the emergency pill secure to have an abortion?

This is an old post, you can make a new post if you'd like. I don't believe an abortion can be illegal anywhere, where do you live?? The emergency pill will not end a pregnancy, but it may cause birth defects or complications, so your best bet would be to speak to a doctor about it, and be supervised during any kind of abortion, because you can get very ill if it's not done properly. Also, if you can't have an abortion, have you looked into adoption? That way you don't have to raise the baby, and someone else will get a baby they really want. Good luck!!