Women's Choice Community
Emergency contraceptive

This forum is for questions and support regarding Women's Choices including abortion, adoption, parenting, problems with a pregnancy, woman's health or life, and fetal anomaly.

Emergency contraceptive

Hi there, my husband and I had intercourse almost two days ago. It was unprotected and he came in me. I took levonelle about 14/16 hours later. Then about an hour ago we did it again however my husband pulled out. He was close when he pulled out so I figured he pulled out as a measure but I felt hot liquid dripping onto and around my lady bits. We then just continued as my husband was sure he didn't ***. Sowe continued and he pulled out before he came. I have two questions: is it possible for my husband to have came but didn't realize it and it was just liquids (to me it did smell like *** though)? Will the levonelle still be effective? (My period ended 2days ago - the day we initially had inter course and I have a 28 day cycle). We have been using the pull out method since we got married, been using condoms every now and then but I seem to have a bad reaction to them and went off the oil for medical reasons. Thank you for your time in advance
Sorry, I meant that I went off the pill, not the oil.
Hi there.  Well, 'pulling out' does not prevent pregnancy.  Men have pre ejaculate that has sperm in it and it's enough to cause pregnancy.  It's been too long now to take plan B as I notice from the date of your post (it must be taken within 72 hours of the sex).  So, wait and see if your period shows.  Now, when you come off contraceptives, there is often a time period in which we are irregular.  So, your period may be late from that too.  Test at one week intervals for when your period is due.  good luck hon
Thank you so much for your reply.  I really appreciate it.  I came off the pill last year June and have been lucky that my cycle sorted itself out with minimal side effects.  We have used the 'pull out method' since we first started being intimate 6 years ago but was on the pill so never really worried.  I took the plan B 14/16 hours after the initial intercourse - 25 April 2016 - and with the second time, 26 April - the one I am not sure if he came or didn't - I figured the plan B should still be in my system but not sure if it would still be effective.  Yesterday, I experienced a little bit of brown/pinkish discharge (currently ovulating), there is a little brown discharge today - is that normal?  My insides feel a little funny, like a funny unsettledness - can't find the right worlds to describe it. From what I have read, I thought it could be implantation bleeding but then again, all of this happened before I was even near my ovulation.  Should anything happen and I am or do fall pregnant, we wouldn't mind, it will happen for a reason and it will be a blessing - we look forward to starting a family.  We know the risks involved and happy to accept the consequences but I guess as it will be my first pregnancy, I get a little anxious because I don't know what to expect.  Also, is it normal for woman to think about babies and pregnancy a lot when we ovulate?   My hormones are driving me up on the wall :).