My wife is now 10 weeks pregnant. We did first blood work in 8th Week, and her Rubella Igm test came out positive with high values and IGG came just above max limit and IGG avidity also slightly above high limit.
We got multiple tests done from 2 different labs.
We are not sure, should we terminate the pregnancy or there is chance we can continue. Currently our doctor has advised to wait 2 more weeks and do rubella Igm & Igg tests again to see rise in Igg values.
But we are so much confused, and in doubtful situation.If igg values rose in 2 weeks, i think we should terminate due to primary infection but what if Igg does not rise and remain same, can we be sure, there will be no risk of rubella while Igm is so high.
Copyright 1994-2016 MedHelp International. All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.