Women's Choice Community
abortion?????

This forum is for questions and support regarding Women's Choices including abortion, adoption, parenting, problems with a pregnancy, woman's health or life, and fetal anomaly.

abortion?????

I have an appointment on saturday to get an abortion...I don't really want to but i can't have a baby right now...i have taken 5 pregnancy tests 3 positive 2 negative...Is there a chance of these being false positive??????
lisabug, how many days late are you?
Are you sure you want to do this? You sound like you don't really want to. There never is a "perfect" time to have a little babybug. Sometimes you have to really make sure it's what YOU want to do now. It's kinda weird to read about all the women who are having so many problems and would gladly change places with you in a heartbeat.
Is there any way you could carry the baby to term and give it up for adoption?  There are many childless couples who would love a new baby... just a thought...
I'm 8 days late...but i have been way stressed out and i'm hoping thats' why i'm late....I don't wanna do it but I don't see any other option for me..
Dear Lisabug, although I don't know you, nor your situation, those five questionmarks tell me something.  I would make sure to look at both sides of the coin, very carefully.  I too had abortion before, in fact right now I would give everything to have as nice-looking and healthy little baby as that one was {when I was having the u/s, an other dr(who did not know it wasn't a desired preg.) came in and he was amazed how beautiful everything looked in my 8th week, the dr who did the u/s did not say anything cause he knew I wasn't gonna keep it}...But I just knew that that was not the right time, nor the right person(dad).  Now, 3 years later I'm with the right man and this is the right time (in the meantime I moved to the States from Europe-what a change in one's life!!!)and here I am coping with bleeding, the baby is not developing as it should be, etc...Once again, I would give anything for a positive opinion from the dr next week.  There is no perfect decision, but it's very important to TRUST YOURSELF when making such a serious decision.  I wish you love,strength and wisdom
First off if you had 3 positive pregnancy test you are probably pregnant.  I know that stress can make your period come late but I don't know that it would give you a false positive on the test.

Second, if you do go through with abortion you are not a terrible person you are one that has to make a decision with your life.  Is there a father around that you may want to make aware of the situation? He may make the decision a little easier.

Also if this is something that you are unsure that you want to do then be sure to talk to someone before you go.  It could even mean calling some churches to get advise.  Once you do this you can not undo it and you will have to live with the decision forever.  Be sure that this is the right one for you.

Look in to all of your options.

Hope you work it out.
Chasity
Hi if you need to talk reply
don't let anyone tell you what to do your body you decide.
lovebinkel
Good luck
i had a abortion 3 yrs ago every now and then i thinjk why didn't i just keep ..(cant even say it)it was part of me an inocient little....it hurts sometimes when i think about it i cant breath Do u think .. would of made me better happier and a stronger person not the way i am now? would of i stopped drugs? or was it really the right choice so many more questions. You know I think about it alot what if what if..
I had an abortion too, in March 2007. I have no regrets at all. Acwth02, you did right. Having a kid would Not make you a happier person OR stop you doing drugs. You did the right thing.
Its very sad that you hvae no regrets over this. Another person who cant have kids may have taken that child in and loved it. Very sad.
actual wondering of you are having regrets, beings your pulling up all these post from 2003??
I had an abortion , 2 months ago and everydY I wake up sick to my stomah asking myself why did I do that . I'm 20 years old and don't think I'm ready for a child .  I was so scared I didn't gice myself time tl think about it I, just got the abortion the next day I found out i.was pregent I was .8 weeks when I found out ...how should I feel??
It is not for ANY of us to tell you how you should feel. That is between you, your conscience and a higher power, if you have one.

AND NO ONE HERE CAN OR SHOULD JUDGE THE DECISION YOU MADE.

If you find yourself having problems with your decision, please look into therapy to help you come to terms with it. Contact Planned Parenthood for a reference.

Peace
Greenlydia
Im eighteen n going to have an abortion bcuz i dnt have the things i nd to take care of one.im nt a bad person just dnt wanna a baby when i know i cnt afford one..
Hi there dear, welcome to the forum.  Well, this is your body and your life and this is your own choice to make.  If you feel termination is best, no one should argue with you.  Adoption is a great option for some people but no one should be forced to carry a baby to term if it is not their desire.  

good luck to you and if you need anything including just an ear to listen, we are here.  peace
Hi:)...Only u know your situation and what is best  for you..Your decision does not make you a bad person. Like Specialmom said, if you feel that is the best option for you then that is what you do. No one is in your shoes and no one has the right to judge you. My only advice to you is, if you do terminate the pregnancy, you should try and research long term birth control. One  form of is the Mirena. It works for 5 yrs. I am actually on it and I think its fabulous. Remember, it doesn't protect you from STD's but it is 99.999% effective in preventing pregnancies. I wish you well and hopefully you'll keep in touch with us and let us know how you make out. Good luck!
You should think about adoption it gives you a chance to reconnect later in life with the life you helped bare and you are all so giving the life a chance to prove it's purpose and potential for even being created. There is nothing to regret when you make the right choice. My brothers girlfriend chosen adoption and still has contact with the child she has grown up to be so smart and beautiful. You can't reverse abortion and you can't give that child it's life back because once that heartbeat is stopped it will never be again.

Just make sure you do what you know is right for you. I've always been told when you doubt don't do it because it leads to regrets later.
Many who have abortions have no regrets as well.  Such a personal decision and one in which a woman should look at the pros and cons as they apply to them personally on all options.  

Luck to all
By the way, this post is from 2003.