Women's Choice Community
abortion

This forum is for questions and support regarding Women's Choices including abortion, adoption, parenting, problems with a pregnancy, woman's health or life, and fetal anomaly.

abortion

I am planning on having an abortion, this would be my 2nd child, I need to know what are the risks?
There are actually quite a few risks, (like with any medical proceedure, from having a broken arm set to brain surgery) but all of them are rare, so before I start listing things, I want you to acknowledge that the likelihood of something going wrong is very - **VERY** - slim.  All right?

Infection or Sepsis
Uterine or Cervical perforation
Incomplete Abortion
Heavy Bleeding
Allergic Reaction to Provided Medications

There are others, but I encourage you to do your own research - watch out for 'scare sites' that provide unrealistic information.  Because what a large portion of scare-sites created by the pro-life campaign will tell you, none of these are highly likely.  Abortion has come a long, long way from back-alley illegal medical procedures, and they are for-the-most-part safe, clean, reputable, and available.  

However, and I don't want to pass up this particular topic, there ARE emotional consequences for the unprepared.  Make certain that you can handle the stress and potential guilt involved in having an abortion...some women can do it and be justified, and really understand why it must be done, and some women will be unable to cope with guilt, and will punish themselves for years afterward.  Which are you?  Really be careful about this part - as side-effects go, this is so much more likely than anything physical.

Don't let women on this forum try to suggest that you are a bad person for wanting this - they are entitled to their opinions, and I have no doubt that they will give them to you, but don't for a SECOND believe that you are somehow wrong or bad for considering this - ultimately, only you know what you need to do.

I wish you all the best, and remember that whatever you end up deciding, you aren't alone.  Not by a long-shot.
wow....I am absolutely NO1 to opinionate on your decisions...but...why pass an opportunity on giving birth to a little angel?? I don't know your circumstances so i have no saying in this. Just remember that everyone deserves a chance at life, just like you did....best of luck on your decision.