Women's Choice Community
abortion

This forum is for questions and support regarding Women's Choices including abortion, adoption, parenting, problems with a pregnancy, woman's health or life, and fetal anomaly.

abortion

what is the best (least painful) procedure to terminate a pregnancy?
It depends how far along the pregnancy is for it to be terminated. In the early stages of pregnancy (first 8 weeks) it can be terminated through "medical abortion" which is taking a pill that makes you pretty sick. It essentially makes you miscarry. After that the only option is a surgical abortion. Neither one of them are easy both physically and mentally.
I suggest you watch a video on the procedure and view pictures before making this choice.  I'm not judging you at all because this was a choice I made once.  I just know the long term mental affects of an abortion.  You're at the stage where you see this as the wisest/logical choice that will solve your problem.  When in effect, it can be mentally overwhelming for years to come.  The procedure is very painful even with the pain killers they give you.  This is because of the vacuum they use to clean you out.  I know of so many couples that want a baby who cannot conceive and they are having to go outside of the country to adopt.  These couples are screened before an adoption takes place and they can provide for a child financially and have so much love to offer.  I realize that giving a child up isn't an easy choice but neither is chosing to murder the child.  Whether you realize this or not...you are murdering you own child.  I'm so sorry if this sounds harsh but I feel that you need someone to be honest with you to make the right choice.  The abortion clinics do not counsel you because they are there simply for profit.  I hope that whatever choice you make you have peace in your life regardless.
my sister had an abortion as well within a couple days of finding out she was pregnant by pill... and she said there was a lot of pain.  10 years later she is still mentally struggling and gets depressed about it.  Just giving you an idea of what you might go through.
I have had about 5 abortions...  No pain ofterwords, it is lies...  You go under sedaition and then when you wake up no pain...   Well I am 40 yo now and have a son who is 4 and 1/2.  I wish I wouls not do those abortoons, but somehow maneged to keep all those kids...  maybe exsept one... ;).  But somewhat is true about all those girls who said staff before: you know you are doing wrong thing and it is follow you for the rest of your life... if you can dial with it... it is your choice...
I was induced at 19 weeks and had to deliver my baby becuase it had too many serious fatel defects to survive, i was given the option of having a d & c but didn't want to risk it. whatever you deciede be careful about infections as they are common after
But i agrre that adoption is the best way to go, i am adopted and would love to be able to than my mother for choosing to put me up for adoption, i have such a great life that she wouldn't have been able to provide for me, and my parents couldn't have children
Thank you for all of your comments. I greatly appreciate them and will take all of them into consideration.