Women's Choice Community
nervous..

This forum is for questions and support regarding Women's Choices including abortion, adoption, parenting, problems with a pregnancy, woman's health or life, and fetal anomaly.

nervous..

Thursday,I will be meeting my baby daddy's parents for the first time.his whole family wants me to get an adoption(I'm 17 wks) and I told him I'm set on keeping the baby,so he doesn't want to be involved(which I'm not okay with but I can't make him and maybe after the baby is born he'll come around..)I feel like his family is just trying to protect him and not even thinking about what I want.But I finally agreed to meet and talk with someone so he knows that I have explored all my options but I feel like they are going to try and pressure me into something I don't want to do.
Hi there and welcome to med help.  It's so complex when we get pregnant when it is unplanned and not everyone is thrilled about it.  sorry that is the situation.  You are really in control here as to whether you raise the baby alone or if you give the baby up for adoption.  I think this boyfriend is making it clear that he doesn't intend to be involved in this.  He may provide child support by law but remember, you have to sue him for paternity and then child support is granted on his current income----  which he sounds young and like that will be very little.  You'd have to continue to take him to court as time goes on to adjust the amount.  

But other than that, I'd say to not count on this guy at all or his family.  I would go to the meeting and try to be open minded to what they are saying but in the end, it is about what you are going to want to do and what you can handle on your own without them.  Can your family go to the meeting too?  Is your family supportive?

Yes,my dad is going with me
I agree with the first response. If you want to keep the baby, you keep it. That's your child. Do what you feel is right. You are in a tough situation. Best of luck to you. It will be okay :)
When you get a chance, please post back and let us know how things turned out.  I hope the meeting went well and am glad that you had your own support with you in your dad.  good luck dear
It went okay,my dad and his mom talked alone while I talked to him and he was just being a jerk the whole time.he said if I didn't get an adoption to not expect any money from him and that he just wants to forget about the baby.last night he texted me and told me I had to get a DNA test to make sure it's his.so I'm just not going to try to let him be involved and I'll just see him in court