Women's Choice Community
possible sexual abuse

This forum is for questions and support regarding Women's Choices including abortion, adoption, parenting, problems with a pregnancy, woman's health or life, and fetal anomaly.

possible sexual abuse

Please I really need your help.my 4 year old had a vaginal discharge so I took her to the clinic they said that they had to call the detective in such a case even though I had no suspision of abuse and she did not show any signs.the doc examined her nd said it doest look right and when I looked at the report the only thing I remember is a problem with the cleft I just wanna know if thers any possibility that she cound be wrong and that not be a sign of abuse please help me
A lot of times when young children have vaginal discharge and/or vaginal infections, it is because of abuse.  It's not necessarily every time, but it is more often than not.  My little sister started getting yeast infections when she was around five.  Years later, she came out to us about our grandfather molesting her.  My grandmother was around, though she'd be in another part of the house, completely unaware.

I would STRONGLY suggest being careful who you leave her with and to urge her to tell you if ANYONE touches her in her private area, whether it's grandma, grandpa, a pastor, a sibling, her father, etc., and that you will believe her no matter what.  Then, you take that information and find out exactly why that person did so and if they had a legitimate reason.  At four years old, I'm doubting very many people are going to have a legitimate reason to need to.