Women's Health Center User Group
PMDD
About This Group:

Utilize minimally invasive surgery, high-resolution ultrasound imaging, preventive women’s health techniques, and management of both high risk and normal pregnancies to provide comprehensive care for women of all ages, all while maintaining a personal touch.

Founded by gardenobgyn on May 28, 2010
169 members
Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

PMDD

I was wondering if anyone else suffers from PMDD? I didn't realize I had this till a few months ago. I have had some success with acupuncture but this month...the wheels came off again. I feel awful and I'm really hoping someone can tell me what sort of treatments are available.
I'm not someone who likes to take medications and I'm looking for more natural treatments. PMDD makes me feel out of control for about 3 days. I am so irritable and inpatient. The things I say feel like they are coming out of somebody else's mouth. That behavior leads to depression because I get mad at myself. I really want to overcome this issue. I know it is  related to hormones and sensitivity to hormones...but isn't there a way to control it naturally? I know it is only three days but it is torture.

Any help or ideas are welcome.
1 Comment
Blank
2174697_tn?1337447755
Hi, I have been recently diagnosed with PMDD. I am on prozac this month as the depression / suicidal thoughts have been so bad they've scared me. I have children and a hubby so no way can I afford things to get any worse.
I have been suffering badly for the last 3 months (not able to function on relevant days) and 18 months I've noticed 'changes' in my mood / tiredness.
There is a good blog called meetmypmdd.blogspot.co.uk that explores alternative therapies and gives real insight. I blog also but am by no means an expert.

Add me as a friend on here if you like - I've only just joined for the logging of symptoms etc. x
Blank
Recent Activity
1198531_tn?1361347278
Blank
honey156 commented on breezytoo's status
Oct 16
Blank
lenaellie joined this group
Welcome them!
Oct 08
1198531_tn?1361347278
Blank