3 1/2 week old baby with lots of spit up
My baby girl will be 4 weeks old on Monday.  I've been feeding her formula for about 3 weeks now.  It's Similac Advance with Iron.  She spits up a lot, with every feeding and can't be lied down for atleast an hour afterwards and even then she may still spit up.  Any suggestions on a different formula or something I should try?  My son spit up a lot when he was a baby, but I can't remember how long it was before he stopped doing it do much.  I am wondering if I should give it more time since she's only 3 1/2 weeks old, or if I need to try something else.  
hi, my dd also spit up alot, i switched from breast to formula at @ 3months and that helped alot, but she continues to spit up...now it is just spit up, where as before it was soaking 3-5 receiving blankets in one day...the formula we are using is enfamil for babies who spit up.  i posted a similar question, and someone suggested trying single serving instant formula until finding one that worked!  alot less expensive.  the enfamil i am using is weighted to stay heavy in baby's tummy with pablum (rice cereal i think)  hope this helps, i also changed bottles to playtex nursers with drop-in liners...to remove more air.  best of luck to you!  
My DD didn;t start spitting up that early...it was around 8 weeks and her ped put her on Zantac for acid refux...It tasted terrible and when she finished that bottle, she was switched to Axid (she enjoys that much more).  In any case it seemed to help, but took about 3 weeks to start seeing results.  
I heard that Gentlease (from Enfamil) can help with the spitting up.  My DD was on breast milk, but I did try the Gentlease for a couple of days and it didn't seem to help any.  It, too, tastes terrible, but my friend said that she gave it to her son and it helped him.
It will probably be a case of "trial and error". Just give whatever you are trying a week or so to see if there are any results.
Good Luck
It will definitely take a few formulas to go through before you find the one that works for you.  My DD has reflux and takes Prevacid for it but she also cannot tolerate milk based formulas so we switched her to Nestle Good Start Soy. The spitting up decreased somewhat but it's really the medication that made the difference.  
Is your DD uncomfortable when she's spitting up?  If she shows no signs of discomfort and gains weight ok, most GI specialists would leave it alone saying that she'll overgrow it "eventually" whenever that eventually is.  If you're seeing signs of reflux (i.e., crying after/during spitting up, arching back, not wanting to eat) then I'd say definitely treat it.
My DD was a spitter...she wore a bib constantly...5 or 6 different bibs a day.  But she did not seem in distress and gained weight consistently, so no matter how many times we brought it up with her ped, he said not to worry.  One thing that seemed to help her some, although not completely, was to change to a soy formula.  At age one we changed her over to whole milk and we never had any more problems.