6.5 week US no heartbeat dr. recommends d
I went for an US, they saw, fetal pole measuring 4 mm (I think) but no heartbeat. Doctor said there should be a heartbeat with an embryo that size. Dr. said a miscarriage is inevitable and recommends a d&c. Has anyone had a similar experience? Thanks.
I just posted in your question below.  I wondered how far along you were but forgot to ask.  If you browse the archives, you'll find that many of us have gone thru the same.  It is possible that you aren't as far along as you thought.  Are you going to have another u/s done to see if things are progressing before you make such a huge decision?  Sorry you have to go thru this.
I would recommend waiting a bit longer and seeing if you progress a bit further.. and if not maybe you will end up miscarrying naturally.  But.. it just depends on what you feel more comfortable with.   Sorry you have to go through this!
I am 8 weeks and had 4 ultrasounds so far and they kept seeing 2 sacs but only one had a heartbeat so they told me that the other twin would probably just absorb or go away.  I went for an ultrasound last Wednesday and the smaller sac now has a heart beat.  The larger one is normal measures at 8 weeks and the smaller one measures at just over 6 weeks.  So I would wait and see what the next ultrasound brings.  Maybe it's just a slower grower.  Lots of Luck.
Too early to tell.  You should be rechecked in 10 days.  Are you bleeding or anything?
I went thru the same thing this year.  I found out I was pregnant in the beginning of June and went for my first u/s at 6 weeks and there was only a sac.  They said they thought I was earlier than thought but wanted me to return a week later.  So at 7 weeks I went and again nothing but a sac and they said they were concerned but to give it another week.  8 weeks the same thing.  They said it wasnt a viable pregnancy.  I decided to wait another 2 weeks to decide and went again for another u/s and sure enough it was a blighted ovum.  I hope that things with you will be okay.  I definately suggest you wait too.  I ended up doing a d&c on July 11th.  Good luck.
The same thing happened to me. The doctor said I was likely going to have a blighted ovum (miscarriage) Two weeks later there was an embryo and now I am 5 months pregnant. Please wait and God Bless!
yeah i had exactly the same thing happen to me..at 6.5 weeks..they wanted me to have a d and c the next day but i said no i didnt want one because i didnt believe it was happening to me... un fortunately i naturally miscarried 4 days later.. its very hard and my thoughts are with u at this very heart breaking time...keep me posted and let me know how everything goes.
like all the above i say: WAIT!!!! do not jump for a d&c - drs. these days are way to hastey. there are so many stories on here about people who were told the same and then all turned out ok. 6.5 weeks is really early. if it's meant to happen it will, but don't run out and speed it up so early. please WAIT!!! good luck. thinking of you and hoping all turns out ok.
I think you should wait before having a D&C--As you've read, other women have waited and after a few weeks a fetal pole and heartbeat developed. I wasn't so lucky, however I chose to wait to miscarry naturally instead of doing a D&C so that I could be sure.
Please wait.  Don't be to quick to jump to dnc.
Do NOT have the suggested dnc! I was told the same thing last week. I had a sonogram on a Thursday, everything was perfect. There was a fetal pole and sac, the following Monday the DR told me the fetal pole was gone and the sac was a little smller. He told me I can either have a dnc or go home and wait for the miscarriage. I refused and asked for a 2nd opinion. I went in for another ultrasound that Thursday and there was the fetus and heartbeat. I was not as far along as we thought, I was only 6 weeks and 3 days. So please listen to your body, if you still feel preg, you probably are. Drs know alot, but not everything. If you are in doubt, get a second opinion. They throw around miscarry and dnc so easily. Good luck!
Dear Ama67,

You may have none-identical twins! They may even have been fertilized 2 weeks apart! YES, this is rare! If you can, get and watch "In the Womb, MULTIPLES" it explains this in detail. I am a biology teacher, and was told during my BS program that this was NOT possible. But now we know it IS possible and happens. So both my in fact be born normal and healthy. Get your testing at the appropriate time, including Amnio -- and see the DVD if you can. Maybe your library of Rental center has it.

L
I am 47 yrs old.  I am pregnant 6.5 weeks.  I am hopeing that it is not viable.  No heart beat yet, extreme fatigue, and I also have crohns and colitis, this is not a good time.  I would like to hear from woman in the same age bracket.