9 weeks postpartum no period
Hi, nine weeks postpartum and no period. Could something be wrong? I'm not pregnant again. I have been having fo the last 3 weeks discharge clear yellowish stringy discharge. Went to 6 weeks check up and they checked me when she put the device in me to do a pap smear it was like she prying me open it hurt so bad I have never had a painful papsmear she had a hard time getting in there, I spotted for 3 days afterwards. I have been cramping all weekend thinking I would start and all it is, is heavy discharge. I had a c section with this one could that have a effect on me I had a vag. birth 2 years ago and had a period 6 weeks later. I can't lose any weight I'm sure cause I haven't had a period yet.I have acne everywhere. Can ya please help!!!!
Are you breastfeeding????  If you are nursing that can delay your period for months.  I know it took like 6 months to get a period with my first due to nursing.  I do not think anyone can really say when our periods will return after giving birth.  I would possibly ask your dr when they think you will possibly get it back.  I am not looking forward to that again personally.  I am nursing my 4 wk old son now and am also wondering when the dreaded day will come again.  Good Luck and Take Care
hi,no i'm not breastfeeding. I just came from the doctor and he gave me some hormones to take,progestrone he said it should jump start my period. I do hope so, I want mine so I can get my body back to normal, I can't even lose weight now.
I had my daugher in Feb. and was unable to breastfeed longer than a few days to due illness, and I panacked when I didn't start my period as soon as I had with my son, with him I started when I was 6 weeks and I was breastfeeding, I didn't finally start tis last time until my daughter was 13 weeks old and I was regular for the two months before I got pregnant again....

Mary
I feel the same way.  My baby is going to be 9 weeks tomorrow and still no period.  Is this normal?  Also, I am having difficulty losing the weight, any suggestions?
My son was born november 6th and I still dont have my period.  I hemmoraged at 2 weeks pp and ended up with blood transfusions.  I am in the sam boat becasue I have acne and cannot loose weight.  I am waiting on blood resullts and a pelvic  ultrasond.  It is really irritating.
its now 12 weeks for me and still no period.  i stopped breast feeding after one and half months.  with my first child, i breast fed for 5months and my period returned around 6weeks.  can it be normal that a period takes so long to resume with just a month of breastfeeding?  Please help
- yvonne
just wanted to add that my pregnancytest was negative and i have not been on any birth controls.  i sometimes have cramps that feels like the onset of my period but all i get is some discharge.  i also cant seem to lose weight. Dont know if the lack of my period affects weight loss.  help please.
-yvonne
same here! my son was born july 1st 2010 its been 9 weeks i think or longer and no period, no birth control, neg preg. test. idk wuts going on. i breastfeed for 2 weeks off and on due to illness.. i thought i was the only 1 with this problem...