Aa
A
A
Close
Acidophilus During 2WW
Does taking Acidophilus pose a problem during the two week wait.  I ovulated on Monday and I just want to make sure that taking Acidophilus will not deter my little egg from implanting.  Also, the reason I started Acidophilus today was because I started taking antibiotics for a bladder infection today as well.  I don't want to get a yeast infection, so the Acidophilus (probiotic) is a natural way of preventing it from happening.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I'm concerned about conceiving this cycle, we did everything right (timing wise).

Thanks.
Cancel
5 Answers
Page 1 of 1
134578 tn?1463413330
Did you check the antibiotic with your doctor in light of your ttc plans?  I would be more concerned about them than about taking acidophilus.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I meant to mention that the doctor is my OB/GYN....
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I know.  My doctor is totally aware of my situation.  She is the one who prescribed the Macrobid.  So do you feel the Acido is safe?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
132217 tn?1217152617
I think you shuld contact your ob/gyn regarding the acido, she will be the best to say yes or no cos i would of thought her prescribing the antibiotics she would of been aware of the possible yeast infection side effect if there was one and maybe advised you of this also???? no harm in asking the professional sweet! good luck
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
134578 tn?1463413330
Acidophilus-based yogurt is highly recommended during pregnancy, but I suppose the safest thing is to call your doc to be sure.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health: Postpartum Community Resources