AnnieBrooke / talking to baby
This is a two part question.

First question, Annie, where the heck have you been?!?! You had everyone of us worried to death!! "Where's Annie?" was a not so fun game we have been playing over the past few days!! I just hope everything is ok.

Second question. When did everyone start to talk and read and sing to there bellies? I want to go buy a few books to read to my little one, and I have a few cds that I want to play with the headphones, but is it too early? I am 15w. I already talk to him/her, in the car, when I'm at home, when I'm alone.
I believe medically the baby can hear and recognize voices at 24 weeks but if it helps you bond start whenever you want.
Congrats!!
I agree,  I read to my first dd right away.  Some people thought it was kind of cheesy, but I loved doing it.  She learnt how to read at a very young age as well.  When she was in kindergarten she could already read those little books they get.  Now shes in grade 2 and reads at a grade 4 level.  I always wonder if that made a difference.
I think even just hearing the mother's soothing voice makes a difference so they know early on they're loved and wanted.
I don't think it's ever too early. It adds to the early bonding between you and your baby.
Hi Nicholle, thanks for asking!  I posted this below to pearl but maybe you didn't see it.  I was away from my computer Sunday through late Thursday; had a rough week but it only had a little bit to do with pregnancy. Went with my dad to his beach house, which he and I have been working to fix up for sale. It was emotional for me, because LAST time we were there together was the week I miscarried the twin, and so of course (for unrealistic reasons) I was afraid I had done too much lifting and etc., and that now this time at the same place with more lifting, etc. the other twin was going to bite it too. Mercifully, I had my doppler mike with me this time, I listened to "Little 154"'s heartbeat both morning and night just to keep from being scared to death. Making things less fun, my dad b***ched and complained about everything and generally acted like an old woman about the packing and the advice we were getting, and here I was worried I was doing too much, but he can't lift much either nor make the decisions needed to do it all himself.  So ICKY TIMES WERE HAD BY ALL, except Little 154 and my cat, who I was smart enough to bring.  (Her purring, and his heartbeat, kept me sane.  Probably not the last time in my life having a cat and a child will be a saving grace.) Again, thanks for asking.  I'm looking forward to a better weekend than the week was. Love, Annie
a little boy!  He will keep you on your toes! lol,,,,enjoy him dear.....have a great night dear.......and to newlywed, I agree with everyone else,,, you can never start bonding too early, whether he or she can hear you or not!  ENJOY! (SMILE)
No Annie, I didn't see the previous post. Thank you though for retyping the whole thing :o) I am really glad to hear everything is ok with you and your little 154 :o) How far along are you now?

Everyone, thank you for your responces. I think it is more of a bonding thing for me right now. I have always loved books, and listening to various types of music so much, I just want my little one to be able to enjoy those things too I guess :o)
17 weeks 3 days ... long enough now for some of the fun stuff, like a definitely showing tummy and knowing it's a boy and feeling him wiggle a little. :)  It does reduce the worry to be well out of my first trimester!!!
Hi,  I was also curious on when the baby could hear sounds and read in one of my books that at 20wks the ears are perfectly formed and the baby can hear sounds within the body, as well as loud noises outside the body!  Hope this helps...
I agree that its never to early because you form a bond. They say the babies hearing is FULLY developed by like 33 weeks. So they can actually recognize different voices, and not just hear moms voice but everything else around her as well. I have always talked to mine, and I am right now 35 weeks, but just about 2 weeks ago started singing songs to her, I started reading here and there around 24 weeks. Hope this helps some, and congrats on the baby :)
thanks annie i read your message down below. you know its kinda funny. sometimes an older parent is much like a child. they complain, nothing makes them happy at times and you just cant wait till they go to bed ! but you know after they are gone you will give anything for one day of their bitching to nothing. i lost my dad 4 years ago and i would love to have him here being a pain in my side haha. hope everyones weekend is ending comfortably and kierstynsmommy  let us know what your dr or you decide what to do as i predict they will see or here from you on monday. congrats to those that founds out they were pg this weekend! and happy puppy shopping. i have a sickness im going to share i LOVE the smell of puppy breath. its next best thing to baby smell lol.