Blocked fallopian tube?
I am trying to get pregnant and think I have a blocked fallopian tube.  I have two children; one was born via emergency c-section and the second was a VBAC.  1 year later I started birth control and had a lot of bleeding.  The OB said it was just my body having to get used to it.  Long Story short after 1 1/2 months of pain I found out I was pregnant and it was ectopic.  It was 4 1/2 months and my body started to surround the pregnancy with blood vessels since it had become a foreign body. By this time the mass was the size of a softball and it had attached to my body wall, rectum, bowels, appendix and intestines.  During the surgery they wanted to do a hysterectomy, but an oncologist came in and did a miracle.  He saved my left fallopian and ovary.  Now it had been 1 1/2 years and we have yet to get pregnant.  I think maybe with the scarring of the abdominal surgery etc. that a tube could be blocked.  Because we have 2 children already we do not want to spend a ton of money with fertility....plus insurance would not cover it.  I either want to quit trying and be happy and blessed that I had two healthy boys.......but if we keep trying and physiologically I can not get pregnant I think emotionally each month will get more and more frustrating.
To see if your tube is open or not, there is a procedure that is not very complicated, done when you are awake, in which dye is inserted into your uterus and watched on X-ray, and it shows whether the tube is clear by how the dye moves.  It's called an HSG, or a hysterosalpingogram.  My medical insurance (which does not cover many frills) does cover HSGs, so yours might too.  It would tell you what you need to know about your tube, so you can make further decisions about trying to conceive.  Hope this helps.