Breastfeeding and Periods
I quit breastfeeding my then almost 8 month old son at the end of March.  I had been weaning him since he was 6 months old.  I haven't breastfed him at all since March.  I still haven't gotten my period back yet. I was just wondering if this is normal or what happend for other people.
took me 4 weeks to get my first after weaning, then another 8 weeks to get my second. everyone is different though.
with everyone it could be different. however, my cousin had the same issue, and she was actually pregnant. i would just see the dr. for assurement.
Got a ? in regards to breastfeeding!!! I stop breastfeeding 2 months ago, I had a weird period a month ago (which was my first period since I gave birth or even b4 i got pregnant) and for me before I was pregnant my periods where normal (28 day cycle). Here it is 30 days later and i am never late except when i got pregnant or found out I was with my daughter. And all day today and a little bit yesturday Ive been feeling nauseaed, and tired. Could it be possible that im pregnant, again? (it is possible me & my hubby could have conceived when I would have been ovualting.) But do period cycles go back to normal right after you have your first period after stopping breastfeeding??? anyones advise would be so helpful!!! and no i havent taken a pt yet.  
i have had the same problem. My little boy has just turned 12 months. I stopped breast feeding on the 24th January, bled pretty much on and off for 5 weeks while on the mini pill. Saw the doctor who told me to come off the pill for a month to get periods back to normal. Today is now my 34th day without a period, feeling sick at times but don't know if its worry about being pregnant. Have you done a test yet? I'm putting off the idea at the moment :-)
I am having the same problem. I've tryed weaning my son  for some months . I was at an appt. at the dr and told her that my son was only waking up at night to breast feed , sometimes as much as 6 times a night . He would only take it a few times during the day. She told me to stop breastfeeding him at night . It was rocky at first . He would wake up crying alot. her advise was pat him let him and let him know your there. Well it took a month maybe a lil less but it has been two nights in a row that he has slept the whole night. This will be my 2nd month w/out my period. (No I can"t be prego I got a tubal). Getting to the point I"ve been feeling sick and alot usually when i'm in the car or about to leave the house . To be on the safe side i took a P.T. and it came out -- THANK GOD! but 2weeks later and still no period .WHERE IS SHE AT!!!