Aa
A
A
Close
188576 tn?1287722662
Child ate some of the packing ice!?!?! Should I do anything?
My 3 1/2 year old got into the freezer today and was chewing on a polar pack...ice pack that you put into a lunch box. Do you think she will be ok? I looked online but couldn't find anything about it.
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
102086 tn?1190513046
You can call poison control.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Avatar universal
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
134578 tn?1463413330
You might call the Poison Control hotline in your area.  My guess is that those things don't contain anything dangerous because they are used in proximity to food, maybe some glycerine and alcohol, but it is worth calling.  Those guys know everything.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Avatar universal
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
171768 tn?1324233699
I've called poison control twice so far, and my daughter is only 2. Anytime she eats something that is not food, I call just to make sure it's ok. I was 99% sure that the stuff she had in her mouth was harmless, but I wanted to make sure 100%. We've had to call many times at work too.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Avatar universal
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
188576 tn?1287722662
Thanks everyone! I don't know why that didn't cross my mind at the moment I was typing..lol! I called and she is ok. They told me to just make her drink lots of fluids! She's fine;)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Avatar universal
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Avatar universal
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health: Postpartum Community Resources