Cyclogest 400mg
Dear Doctor,

In 2007 had IVF cycle and it failed. After the embryo transfer I was asked to take cyclogest 400mg daily at night until I had my first pregnancy test. I got a negative result. Then the doctors wanted me to get a hysteroscopy and it was normal. After 6months I started my second IVF cycle. After the embryo transfer the doctor prescribed 400mg of cyclogest twice to taken daily. (800mg daily).  I got a positive pregnancy test on the 16th day after egg retrieval. When i informed my doctor about the positive result he asked me to continue taking cyclogest for another 4 weeks (800mg daily).

Seen many comments about cyclogest i am a bit worried about taking 800mg daily. For your information I have been trying to conceive naturally for more than 10 years. All the tests I have undergone were normal. I am 33 years old now. I take 50mcg of levothyroxine and 400mcg of folic acid daily. My first scan is due on 3rd of April 2008.

I would greatly appreciate if you could clarify this matter soon as possible for me.

Thank you.

CUBSXX