First Period after giving birth or Implantation bleeding
Got a question for you. I am 7 weeks post and I am trying to figure out if this was my period.  OKay the dr called me on Friday and told me that my ultrasound from the 13th showed that I was either ovulating or getting ready to ovulate. We BD on the 14, 15, 16, and the 18th. BUT... I went in for a pap smear on the 17th and I had cramping after with one spot of pink after which is to be expected.  On the 18th I awoke with severe cramps which if I was pregnant I would tell you I was in labor. Could have been gas lol.  I had some spotting only when I wiped that day.  The 19th I had a light period.  I only used 1 tampon the entire day and it still wasn't full.  Then went to a pad but only had a streak on it.  The 20th I had a large clot come out. Got concerned so I went to the ER. They said it prob wasn't my period just hormones but they weren't sure.  They did an hcg level it was neg. I had a very light period this day. The 21st I awoke and the bleeding had stopped.  Now with saying this.. is this a normal period?? I know your periods are not normal right away but I was wondering because we bd on those days and there was the thick white d/c that same weekend could we ahve gotten pregnant? I know the hcg was neg but it would have been too soon right??Now I just have some cramping but no bleeding and they say its prob hormones. The tech when I had the U/s done kept asking me if I was having any nausea or vomitting which I thought was weird.  But I finally got over that and thought that I wasn't pregnant that was until the dr called me on the 21st and told me
about the u/s and said its possible I may have gotten preggers but would need to wait 3 more weeks. This is driving me insane. I am going to go with the negative for now but wanted some input from you ladies. Thanks so much. Jessica
I would say its very possible you are preggers again.  My friend found out at her 6 week check-up that she was preggers again.  They say you are extremely fertile right after having a baby.  Good luck to you.  You will just have to wait it out I guess.  But you are right your periods arent normal after a baby.
if u bd on those days without protection and u arent on bc u may have gotten preggers, and yes it will be too soon to tell now either by USOUND or by hcg blood test or by urine test. on that note u very well may not be, especially if u are breast feeding heavly, especially at night. bf can either slow down or stop ur af completely. i nursed for over two years and didnt get af nor did i get preggers but thats not for every one. it sounds like to me like ur cycles are returning. i would relax and wait to see. i know its hard but hey it should be the last thing ur worried about right now, enjoy your new baby. and i would advice u going on some BC if ur not ready for that second baby yet. good luck!!!!
Thank you for the posts. I will wait it out and see what happens.
Jewels I am not breast feeding as my Johnathan has passed away. I haven't taken any birth control pills because I was sort of hoping to get pregnant again. But I guess things work in mysterious ways and I believe there is a reason for everything.  I just wish I didn't lose my baby boy.  But thank you for your advice.
one question you had said that if we bd on those days its possible. How many days do we actually ovulate? Is it 72 hours? I know sperm can live 3-5 days.
Im sorry if I offended you or anything.  I realize now that you did post before that you had your DS and that something went wrong at the hospital.  Sorry again for your loss!  I hope youa re preggers again if that is what you want!!
You ovulate one time, and the egg is good for about 12-24 hours afterwards.  This is why you want to BD before you ovulate - you want the sperm already up there waiting for the egg when it is released.

Hope this helps.
I am so sorry for your loss.  If you dont mind me asking what happened?  I didnt realize you didnt have a baby now and that you were hoping to get preggers now.  Well you could very well be.  You will ust have to wait.  I know its going to drive you crazy.  But everything happens for a reason.
Okay I had a bfp urine on wednesday night.  I had my blood drawn and it was negative. I don't understand why it was negative. Anyways, if that was truly my period then I would have ovulated yest, today and tomorrow.  This week we only bd on tues and friday. According to the ovulation calendar I would be ovulating 28,29,30 and 31.  Lets hope for the best.
Stephd- you didn't offend me.  It's hard to keep up with everyone on the forum and I haven't been coming here enough to keep up too much with me.
Thank you ladies for your input I hope to conceive this month.
Baby Dust to All!