Herbal Therapy to regulate menstrual cycles
Is there any herbal therapy I can do to help regulate my cycles?
This is also a question which has been on my mind.  7 weeks after my m/c and D&C I still hadn't menstruated.  Someone on here suggested chaste tree berry (AKA Vitex).  I took it and had a normal period the next day.  It's been sixty days exactly, and I've only had spotting. I've been reading everything I can on all of this.  Apparently the pituitary gland stimulates the production of progestrone, which in turn signals your period to start.  What chaste tree berry does is stimulate the pituitary gland.  Also, my doctor told me that I could stimulate my pituitary gland naturally by getting one hour of sun light in my eyes one hour a day with no contacts or glasses.  If I don't menstruate by this Thursday I'm going back on the chaste tree berry.  In the meantime, sunlight it is.  One more thing, I read conflicting reports about whether or not chaste tree berry was OK to take during pregnancy. Some reports said it may cause birth defects, while others said that it can help prevent miscarriage by keeping those progestrone levels up.
I tried that route but my insurance didnt cover so I couldnt afford it.  I did however take Vitex pills that helped regulate my cycle and increase my progesterone level.  i heard evening primrose was a good one too.  Not sure of what your needs are.  i believe the vitex helped b/c I got a BFP 3 mos later.
good luck!
you are correct.  do not take the vitex when pregnant.  as soon as you find out you are pregnant, stop.
i posted this below in another forum:

i know that there was one time my sister was trying to bring on af and someone told her to drink some sort of onion (and maybe tomato) drink - all i know is that it smelled really bad, but it brought af on.

i can try to find out what exactly it was, but it was a long time ago and don't know if she'll remember.
could you please find out...Should I take another HPT TEST FIRST??
definitely take another hpt - when was the last one you took again? but i will try to find out. i'm at work now and can't call her till later. i'll find out and post back on this forum later so check back either late tonight or tomorrow.
on 6/8
Take another one and let us know!!! did you mean 7/8? even so that was quite a while ago too so definitely could've been too early to tell. if you meant 7/8 then it was only 35th day of cycle and if your cycles are usually about 32 days long (i think that's what you wrote in previous post) then you could've tested too early.
yes I meant 7/8. I am so nervous.
Yes, you can try vitex.  It has an excellent track record.  Red clover is also good (best in tea form), but you should not take it after O.  EPO is used to increase CM, but it also cannot be taken after O.  Personally, what worked for me was lunaception, which is using light to manipulate your cycle.  I know it sounds like a joke, but the one cycle that I used it is when I conceived so I certainly don't think it's a joke now.
ok. so here's what you do to try to get your period. you peel a bunch of red onions and boil up the peels (not the whole onion - just the peels) in water. you then drink the water (wait till it cools down though so you don't burn yourself) and this is supposed to bring your period on. try to ignore the smell - i remmber it being pretty bad and it was over eleven yrs. ago and i wasn't the one drinking it!! good luck. let me know if it works. i think my sister did it twice before it worked. so i would say do it one day - if don't get period by next day or so do it again. not a guarantee, but hopefully it'll work for you.
Just be careful with the soy.  There are some studies that indicate that it can hurt reproduction.  Be sure you don't take it after O b/c it could affect your progesterone levels.
I recently read on twoweekwait.com that you can use soy isoflovenes to make you ovulate and regulate your menstrual cycle.  Apparently if you take it the same as clomid is has the same effect.  I tried it this cycle so I will let you know how it works.  Good luck!!
Thanks for the heads up.  I think I read that too.  They say though if you only take it days 5-9 it shouldn't affect anything.  Who knows!!!  I figured it couldn't hurt anything to see if I ovulate on time or not.  I'm not trying to get pregnant til the next cycle.