High Hcg level - help!
I had an ultrasound 10 days ago when I was 7 wks pregnant and there was no sign of a fetal heart beat.  I had a blood test done 2 days ago when I was 8wks pregnant and my Hcg level was 225,000.  According to the blood lab, the normal range for a 1-3 mths pregnancy is 3000-200,000.  I did another blood test today, but won't get the result until Friday.  I have another ultrasound scheduled for this Sat., but won't be getting the result until next Tues.  My mother and her brother were unidentical twins.  My doctor doesn't want to comment on it until the result for the 2nd blood test and ultrasound come back.  This is my second pregnancy.  I don't feel much symptom.  All I feel is fatigue(same as the 1st one), plus very frequent urination at night(may be more frequent than the first one).  My nipples were very sore when I was  5/6 weeks pregnant for about a week or so.  Like the first one, no vomitting or bleeding.  What kind of pregnancy do you think I'm having?
The range of "normal" for hCG levels is really wide -- the material I've read gives 10,900 - 148,000 as the normal range at 7 weeks, and 30,700 - 184,000 as the normal range at 8 weeks.  However, if you're that far along, they should see a fetal heartbeat by now.  Twins would not explain it -- you would see both sacs and both embryos (and both hearts beating) by 8 weeks for sure, even if your count was a little bit off due to late ovulation or something.  My guess would be that there is a risk that you have a molar pregnancy.  What have they seen in ultrasound, just a sac or sac and fetal pole, or what?  Have they told you?
The technician had just mentioned seeing a sac.
I've just found out that my hcg level from yesterday's blood test has gone down to 196,000.