How long a sperm survive
How long a sperm survive in a plastic covered cup?What if the cup has a litle amount of water, the sperm will survive in the water?
I am not sure why you are storing sperm in a cup w/ water, for later use??? A scientific experiment?? I really don't know why you would do that, but I don't think it will live long in those conditions, if at all.
Even in a sterile specimen cup, sperm will die within a few hours. Adding water will hasten the process. Seems like something fishy going on, but it will not survive very long. With my dh's big V, the sperm analysis for the follow up requires he get the sample to the lab within 2 hours max.
only in the uterus the sperm survive for 48-72 hours, the women ovul live for only 24 hours. i don't know what your doing that, but i don't think that they will survive.
When we had my husband's sperm check, we were instructed to get it to the lab within the 1-2hr frame.  Because they don't live long exposed to outside air.  
Just wanted to let you know that under the right conditions, sperm can live inside a woman for up to a week.