How to get rid of that pooch after pregnancy?
Ok, I have had 4 kids in 10 years. My youngest (nathan) will be 2 in July. After every baby I have had, I have gained more weight and it's been harder to get rid of it. With Nathan I was on bedrest for 2 months so I gained even more weight.I have been working out a lot and trying to get back into shape, but no matter what I do, I can't get rid of the lower part of my stomach, that pooch you get after having a baby. The top part of my stomach and my waist is slimming down, but that stubborn pooch won't budge. I had a C-section with Nathan across the bikini line, and they had to cut me more than the norm. Is there anyway to get rid of that or am I just going to have to live with it? Maybe I'm just doing the wrong ab excersises?
I am 16 weeks with my first child, so I am sure my pooch is coming!  But I have heard of and seen the results of my friends who do Yoga or Pilates after having kids.  They look great!  I have done Yoga before as well and my muscles looked really good when I was doing it.  It elongates your muscles, making them really lean.  I would try that.  I hear it works wonders on that pooch.  Good luck to you and if you try taking a class, let me know how it works for you!
I have the pooch again too.  I finally got rid of it best I could right before I got pregnant again.  I just got back from my 6 week post partum check so I can start exercising again but it is so hard to get rid of.  They tell you crunches help, but be warned that you have to get rid of any fat tissue first, otherwise the crunches will build muscle that will push out your fat and make it look even worse (did that with my first baby).  Best thing to do is to burn the fat and then tighten your belly.  If that isn't working could be that you have extra skin now too from it being stretched.  I think I have that issue too, even when I had a pretty flat tummy, I still had a little loose skin in that area.  Short of a tummy tuck, not much else to do.  Let me know if you find something that works though.
Hmmm.  Tummy tuck?  I'll start saving now.  :)
I know, I keep saying I'm getting one, but they are so expensive, and surgery scares me.  After my first baby I was left with baby tummy.  The stretch marks faded, but the texture of my belly is awful.  It got a little better, but after a couple of years I still had that bumpy look.  I was horrified with it, but the Dr. told me surgery was the only thing that would resolve it.  We'll see how brave I am after I'm done having kids.
I am pregnant for the thrid time and before this pregnancy I had a pooch after my daugther 11years ago - I got to 120 which is very small for me and eveything was perfect except my lower belly - I have some extra skin down there to - I keep praying to God to take care of it this time :-)  Maybe that will work!  I am not afraid to have a tummy tuck it's the money - I had my boobs done so I am ok with have other work.
I don't have a pooch yet (because I'm still pregnant:), but I have strech marks all over me! I have them onmy legs, butt, breasts, stomach... it's terrible!! They're dark red and I don't even feel like going to the pool anymore. Will they ever disappear or at the very least fade? And if so when? Please, give me some words of encouragement!
Peeka you are a hoot, we need a good laugh sometimes
I'm still waiting on my "pooch" to go away.  I think that 27 years after childbearing is far to soon to risk exercise or dieting.  I don't want to rupture something, after all.  
It's good to know other people have this problem.  I had my second baby three months ago and my belly looks horrific!  I told my dh I would rather go to the beach bottomless than wear a bikini top :) after I had my son I got down to my prepregnancy weight, but my belly still looked horrible, with enough excess skin to pinch a few inches.  Now it's really bad.  I've actually been fuming about this all day because I was watching some reality show on TV and there were these two models who just had babies and they had perfectly flat stomachs.  I don't understand!!!
Vanessa-I got HORRIBLE stretch marks also, and they do fade.  I can't tell you exactly when it happens, but during the first year of your baby's life, you will notice that they are gradually fading away.  They are still there, but they are MUCH less noticable.  They fade to a silvery-white color and will no longer have that shocking red glare screaming out at you!  To everyone else- I have found that pilates have made a WORLD of difference in my lower abdomen.  Don't get me wrong, it is obvious that I've had children...stretch marks, loose skin, but after I started pilates, my belly improved so much, compared to what it was.  I just bought a DVD and do the pilates early in the morning before the kids wake up!  Best of luck to all!
I totally feel the same way.  I could cry when I look at those models and stars who bounce back perfectly.  I lost my weight in the first 2 weeks after baby, but now I have the awful belly and no amount of exercise will get rid of the extra skin.  It's hard to take when you are so tired and stressed and then you look down and have to llok at that belly too.  So worth it for the baby though.  Mine started smiling last week.  Gotta love that toothless grin!
I have three kids and the last one did the  damage. I have always been one of those women that other women hate because I have never looked like I had kids (always had the flat tummy w/o having to work out) and I was a resturant manager. It's been almost 2 years since my last child and I still have the pooch. I didn't get discouraged until I was Shellie Blanks (Billy Blanks daughter and Tae Bo instrustor). She had a firm and nicely cut body and she just had a kid and she also has the pooch. I fear that we may all have to give in to eating well (as a parent I don't know how that works given all the snacks for the kids) and exercising. A lot of AB exercises is not the trick. You have to maniputlate your body and metabolism. Oranges and grapefruit are supposed to speed up the metabolism. What it boils down to is that we have to work at it where before, our bodies did all the work. The sad part is that society has us thinking that we have to be so thin and look a certain way to be "normal." The celebs get personal trainers and work out for hours a day. We should be positive and be patient. However, if anyone has a quick fix please share.
I had a little pooch BEFORE i was pregant.  For years and years... i remember being so young and hating it!  I was a thin athletic cheerleader in high school and just hated that they wanted to move to shorter tops becasue no matter how hard I tried, my belly wouldnt be as flat as the other girls.  I have no idea what this pregancy is going to do to my already there pooch!  In fact, it's made me feel more comfortable showing my belly off because it's much better excuse haha!  My sister is about 100 lbs soaking wet at 5'2" and tiny with great boobs but still has a bit of a pooch.  For us it's genetic.  She's still hot, so I assume I should look at it as I am too. But yeah... I didnt get those boobs lol.
i know exactly how you feel!  pregnancy has made me SO much more comfortable with my belly!!!  People keep asking me how mad I am to be pregnant during the summer (cause it's so hot) and honestly...I'm thrilled!  This is the first summer I haven't had to go on a crash diet/exercise program to get ready for bathing suit season!  People can't tell me I'm chubby - I'm pregnant!!! It's great!
I'm with you girls....i feel so much better wearing my bathing suit now that I'm pregant! My big worry is these terrible love handles I've got! I've had them for years and can't get rid of them! I think it's so nasty....I am always whining to dh about my "back fat"! lol
Eat a good nutritional diet after baby and try nursing.  Let the baby suck the fat off you.  You need so many extra calories to make breastmilk and it really does help.  At least it did for me.  Put that together with a healthy diet and it comes off.  Now, you still have the problem with flabby muscles.  We have to exercise to get those back tight and strong.  Don't you just hate that word...exercise!
I remember when i was 8 stone which was in 2004 and now im 10 and a half! I had my first little girl when i was 19 in oct 2005 and shes absolutly gorgeous, and two months ago may 31 2007 i had a little baby boy and i wouldent swap them for the world! its really getting me down that i cant lose the bottom part of my belly...i sit down and theres a big bulg...it makes me feel fat! I dont know how to make that part of my belly go down? i want too be the weight i was before as i was confidant then...i wore size 8 tops and now im a 12 and size 10 bottoms and now im a 14! Any suggestions on how to make my tummy flat by sept 2008 as im going abroud as a family of 4 for the first time and cant wait!!
Well here goes I am 23 with 4 kids...3 boys and  the last will be 1 Sept 7 and she was a c-section. I am 5'6" I weigh 175 lbs. Lost 5 last week... I have changed what I eat.... I rarely eat any carbs and I have been eating alot of fruit... I have noticed that  I am getting my eating disorder back ( had in high school) ... Here's whats going on I have drank Dt soda for over 2 years now but I was drinking a 12pk in 2 days now I have the urge for maybe 1-2 a day... I was drinking 1-2 bottled waters in a day 16.5 oz now I am drinking 5 and propel.... I have purged prob. 6-8 times in the last week if I ate too many carbs... I am sure I will get alot of hate comments but in reality I need support. I have been doing the combo pilling of Relecore and Zantrex 3 for the last week as well. I also purchased a rebounder and have done that 3-4 days a week... Since I had to have a hysterectomy I know that I will not have anymore kids.... I think that factors into why I want to be a hot wife again. I have also been under alot of stress and I am not sure if that triggered the purging and lack of eating... My sister had a still born baby 6 months last week... Please give me input on how I can get all this undercontrol before its tooo late if its not already! Thanks
Well, if you don't already, think of what you are doing to yourself and to your children.  I am sure it is hard either way, but maybe you should seek counseling?????  I would say w/ unhealthy eating/drinking/purging it wouldn't be good role to show your children.  All this you are doing to yourself, there may not be a mom or "hot wife" around for long.  You may be hurting your body and in the long run kill you with the unhealthy issues.  I would start by watching your grocery purchases, go as healthy as you can, no soda, especially diet, eat carbs but healier ones (natural grainy breads instead of pure white etc.) and don't be so hooked on watching carbs either. Balance your diet.  I know it is very hard, it took me to get pregnant to watch what and how i eat.  I buy all organic foods (as much as possible) Super Wal-mart has a pretty good selection.  This eliminates alot of chemicals in the foods.  Buy all natural foods, shop at local farmers stand for fruits and vegis.  More work shopping, more money to spend but well worth it.  
Remember, if you don't eat your body stores fat, if you eat, you speed up your metabolism to burn fat..........
Thanks for the input... I have support from my husband and family but its good to hear advise from others!
Did anyone try the B12-lipotropic injections? I've been hearing that these work great. These are prescription stuff. I'm having my 4th baby in 4 weeks and plan to go see a specialist shortly after that to start a diet plan. These are supposed to melt the fat right off all over and most women say they lost inches in weeks from their waist.
I think you should see a doctor who can help you medically lose weight. Then hopefully you won't feel the need to purge. Some people just can't lose weight on their own for different reasons, especially after 3 kids. There are many weight loss clinics out there who can help you. Don't self-distruct. What could be sadder than little children with no mommy? You have to think of them, as I am sure you do, and make a smart decision for yourself. See a bariatric specialist. I don't know where you live but here's a website that might help you locate someone. Or just do a search online.

http://www.asbp.org/locate_physician.php
I am depressed about the thought that i will never be sexy again because of my lower abdominal pooch what can i do to get rid of it or can i ever get rid of it
what get rid of it - ha mine has always been there even before i had ryan who is one this week.  kala is 12 going on 13 and i had it for 12 years.  mine will never go away without a tummy tuck
I am 26 and just had my third chid in December my first child I had 8 and a half years ago and this seemed to do the most damage to my skin around the belly button, I have virtually no body fat I am tiny but I have awful saggy wrinkly excess skin all around my belly button it really is vile but seems to be nothing I can do. Don't get me wrong my kids are great and i don't regret having them for one second but I hate my body and I get so depressed at times I don't want my partner to touch me I used to have nice sized breast too but since having children each time they have shrunk and I'm just left with saggy skin and people say younger skin is more supple! Because I'm small it's hard to find a swimming costume to fit but there is no way on this earth I would wear a bikin and I feel bad because my children love going swimming but I just can't bring myself to have my body on show!
When I got pregnant w my son I weighed 110 lbs... I wasn't unhealthy, just have a very small frame. So needless to say, by the time I had my 9 lb son I had bad stretch marks on my stomach. My doctor recommended a laser treatment for them. It cost about $100 a session and worked wonders fading them, even the biggest ones. The sooner u start after delivery the better, so it's something to look into. After I got the laser treatment they were still visible to me (not so much to everyone else!) and I was still a little self conscious but my son is 5 now and they have faded so that u really can't see them at all. Goodluck! And failing all that my mother always told me they are my "badges of motherhood" an I should wear them proudly!
Haha just looked at the dates of these comments... Looks like I'm about 4 yrs too late!!
... you don't have to wait till your 6 week check up to start exerciseing!... whenever you feel comfertble enough you can start! :) an as for burning fat befor you start exercising and building muscle... exercising is what burns fat lol so start doing those crunches ASAP! doctors and nurses told me that if i don't exercise it off in the first6 weeks, then it most likley wont go away... so thats prob. what mostof your guys problem is... that u wait too long! so hit the gym as soon as you feel up to it!
So how much is a pilates DVD and can you do it while your pregnant??
Well I've had 2 c sections and yes i also have that wobbly stomach...there is no way u can loose that stomach if its not a tummy tuck... bcause all that is tore muscle that won't ever get tight again if its not by surgery to take it off. I'm just saying what the doctor said :)
I have a nine year old son and 12 month old twins!! and two c sections!! yes you can loose it... with my first it took me a few (3-4) years but I lost my tummy never got back to my original 135 @ 5'10 but I was considered underweight and I did not have time to exercise all the time like before, plus I gained 100 lbs with my son he was almost 10lb and 25 inches (long long baby, still very tall:) anyway with my twins I gained 50 which was not bad at all all in my tummy and I still have 15 of that all in my tummy and some back and arm fat. my baby boys still wake 3-4 times a night and I work full time so needles to say I have not even had a chance to begin exercising most of the time I try to eat healthy but we are always busy and its hard. I do have faith that my tummy will one day look normal again!!!! but if you think having one baby at a time streaches your tummy nope think again two really play a number on loose skin!!!
45 mins of elliptical trainer at level 4, 5-6 days is pretty great on burning the mid section. I think thats the trick on losing the bad fat around that belly.
My kids are 4 and 16 months.  I do pilates, yoga, "ultimate body burn", step, and cycle every week at the Y since they have child care.  I've been doing it (at least 5 hours/week) for about 9 months, but I still haven't been able to beat that baby pooch.  I had horrible stretch marks with my last one.  The stretch marks have started to fade, but the flabby, wrinkly skin remains.  I feel great about my health and the rest of my body, but I still won't take off my shirt even around my husband.  I'm so jealous of moms with their flat tummies rocking the tight work-out tanks at the gym.  Is there any hope for me or am I doomed to have a flabby tummy for the rest of my days?        
Try Visalus....http://jhunter21.myvi.net/  

Works wonders!!  =)