Is nausea a sign of labor
Question ladies.......I'm 34 wks today and I know Carrigan is head down and really feel like she may have even dropped this weekend. I've been having nausea for the past few days and some have said that it's a sign of labor.

Has anyone ever heard of this before? Also I've been having some sharp pains that run down my tootie area, as Kennedy would call it. Not constant, but I have had them more frequently. Braxton hicks are really getting painful as well.

Anyone have any ideas.....
Yes I have also heard of nauseau as a sign of labor.  However it may just be that she has dropped and you have less room in your stomach and are not necessarily in labor. I think I remember Chloe having nauseau the last couple of weeks as well. About the pain in the "tootie area" I am 39.5 weeks (due Thursday) and am also feeling those scratching type sensations.
I had nausea around your time as well - it seemed to come back but didn't last that long, maybe a week or so.  I am 37 weeks now, and not nauseous.  I also have sharp, shooting pains in that area (and others!!!) and had them in my first pregnancy as well - I think it's nerve endings or something - can't remember.
I went to the OB today and they did a non-stress test on me. I have to start doing the fetal kick counts twice a day now too.

I haven't heard of nausea being a sign of labor, but that doesn't mean it isn't. I just haven't heard of that myself. Although, I admit, I too am really nauseated and generally feeling pretty gross.

The nurse at the hospital told me that at 34 wks, if you are having 4 contractions an hour, you should call or go in.
I wish all Dr.'s books, internet people would get on the same page. I told the Ob last time that the BH's are getting more and more painful and last longer. She contributed it to Carrigan getting bigger.

She also said that if I'm not having at least 6/hr and consistantly for 2-3 hrs then not to worry. I don't know....I just know I don't feel good what so ever and hope I get some answers when I go in on Monday.

Just a little under 4 wks left. I know you're excited!

Karen and Missy - thanks for the feed back. I'm just ready to have her here!!!!
I am rigth there with you on the not feeling good. It's just a miserable "God, I wish this were over" feeling.

As much as I am trying my best to enjoy the end of my pregnancy, I just feel it's nearly impossible when your brain feels fried, your body feels wasted, and you're tired ALL THE TIME!
Don't have anything to add of value since I am just getting up.  Very tired.  Glad everyone is doing ok.

Hello to all.
I am 36 weeks & 2 days with my 2nd pregnancy..and I have been experiencing nausea..I infact had gone to the ER yesterday due to that contractions, abdominal pain, & sharp back pain..Everything was fine..I was examined and was told I am 1 cm dilated as for the nausea It was suggested that I ate bland food and stayed very well hydrated..my 1st pregnancy was 8 yrs ago and i don't remember experiencing these feelings..so yes it is true each and every pregnancy is different
Hi there, I'm 39wks +6 days (due tomorrow) and feeling sick! The sicky feeling keeps coming and going. I've only started feeling this way today and was wondering if it could be a sign of early labour?!  I also feel like I need to poo alot.. Apparently they say that it's your body getting rid of everything before labour begins. I went a day over with my 1st child so I'm hoping I don't go too far over with this 1!
Hannah.