Late Period, and 2 neg Pregnancy tests. Why?
My normal cycle is 25 days. My last normal period was May 28th. I was due for my period on June 22. And I'm 5 days late. But I'm concerned because my period normally runs like clockwork. I know the day, and sometimes the exact time I will get it. I have been haveing back pain, dizzyness, and ocaional nausea. I took two pregnancy tests. Both were negative. What should I do if I still don't get my period? Could I be pregnant, and its just not showing in my urine yet?
Generally, a home pregnancy test will detect HCG if you have missed your period. Maybe stress is the culprit. Can you get into your doctor and ask for a blood test?

Depending on the brand, sometimes they take longer to detect the HCG. Answer brand detects early and if you are pregnant, it will detect the levels now.

Good luck!

Andrea
Thats what I took. The answer brand. I don't know what to make of it. I don't think I have been stressed out. Not more than usual anyways.
Diane,
The standard advice if you miss a period and get a negative test, is to wait one week and test again.  If it is still negative, see your doctor.  As Andrea said, if you are late, most pregnancy tests will pick it up.

Most people don't want to wait.  So if you can't wait the week, go now to your doctor and get a blood test.

Even if your periods run like clockwork, your body is not a clock and sometimes periods are just late.  Hormones, stress, or just whatever...there is not a woman alive who did not have at least one irregular cycle in her life.  

You don't say what kind of BC you are on--sometimes this can have a bearing.  If you have been on the pill for a long time, your periods can become very scanty, and you might even miss a period.
i would also say go to your doctor if u can't wait. maybe u should take another one in a few days try First Response that is what i use and if u r in deed pregnant it should pick it up. if it comes out negative again i would say see the doctor indefinetly.
I am going for a blood test tomorrow myself. I am 2 weeks late, had almost all the signs that I was preggo, but had 3 neg hpt's. I have never been late either, but now I am thinking maybe I am not preggo. All my positive signs have gone away, except nauseousness off and on during the day. Still no sign of AF!  Anyone have any ideas?? I am also going to gyn for internal exam, but couldn't get in till July 11! I hope this blood test is a +!
Hey, I got my period. Its very light but I still got it. Thanks for all you comments.
It took more then a week after I was late to get a + pg test. I knew I was pg before I was late. When I did test + it was very very faint line.
I'm in a similar situation.  This is my first month TTC with my husband (who is an OB/GYN!!)  My AF was due on the 24th, now it's 4 days later and still no sign of it.  I've taken 3 home pregnancy tests and all were negative.  I've been having other symptoms, including increased appetite, swollen breasts, acne, and darker areolas.  My husband did an internal exam yesterday and said my cervix is softer than usual.  So -- here's the thing -- even after 3 negative HPT's (including one today, 4 days late) he is certain I'm pregnant!!  We're going to have a blood test done on Friday.  My husband is not really concerned about the hpt.  He says the BEST indicator of pregnancy is a missed period, especially if you have very regular cycles like I do.
Good luck to everyone out there!!
Thanks for the pos feedback! Wish I had someone to do an internal on the spot. I will be waiting hopeful till tomorrow. Congrats to you both!
Ok, so the blood results were negative too. I still don't have my period---prob. just stress, but I don't feel stressed. Anyone have any other ideas what could be going on???
Stress is a big factor in missed periods. A person can be stressed without even knowing it. I am 3 days late for my period and had a negative result yesterday, I am going to try to wait a week before I do another test but its difficult to wait over something like this!  If you want to rate your stress levels to see if your late period might be because of that, you can find sweb sites that have questions like have you changed your living arrangements and your answer will have a score and you tally it up at the end.  Good luck everyone!
my period was two days late.  I took 2 first responses prior to that and they were negative.  Today something similar to my period has come.  It is a light brownish color, i am lightly cramping and very nauseated.  What is going on and when should i take another pregnancy test.  or is this my period?
Hey Ladies,

I am 5 days late and have taken many preg tests, but they were all neg. I have all of the symptoms and can barely stay awake throughout the day. I am never late any thoughts??
My period comes EVERY 32-34 days. My husband and I just started trying for our #2 this past month. I went off the pill in February and I got my period March, April, May, June like clockwork. I was supposed to get my period on Friday (July 8) which would have been day 33. As of today, July 13th negative pregnancy tests (blood and urine) and no period. My best friend who is a gyno told me that I most likely ovulated late and 1) I am pregnant and it's too early to show up 2)my period will be late b.c. I ovulated late 3) I didn't ovulate. I am so bloated, my breasts are huge and veiny (sorry to be so detailed) and I am exhausted. Anyone have thoughts on this?
Yes, all of this sounds so familiar. I feel like I'm going out of my mind waiting to see what's going to happen. I've been feeling like I am pregnant(sore boobs, increased appetite, frequent urination, back pain, etc), and my period is three days late already, but all the tests I've taken are negative. I just got off the pill right before my last cycle began, so I really don't even know whether I ovulated this month. On top of everything else, I have hypothyroidism, so now I'm kind of afraid that that is why my period hasn't come. I'm worried and frustrated. I wish something would happen soon.
Is it likely that I woman can be 4 months pregnant before she realizes it?  My cycle was 25 days late for the month of April and I really do not recall having one in May, but if I did, it was 30 days from April's cycle. I went without intercourse from March 18 - the end of May with two guys. About 2 weeks ago I took an EPT a couple of times and the results were negative last week, the results were positive.  I just would like to know if it is possible that I could be 4 months based on your knowledge.
Im late 3days and have swollen boobs.  I have never been late all my life.  Could I be prenant?
hey people could someone tell me could i still be pregent even if i took the prego test and it came out negative and my periods are 3 days late is possible that i still can be preganet iam so worried that iam i cant handle waiting a week i want to know now
I have done half a dozen preg tests, all neg, period 3 wks late, all the usual preggy signs (I have 2 kids already).  I took the morning after pill 5 wks ago - are my hormones screwed up or has the pill failed?? Anyone know??
My last period was back in 13 April. I have done numerous pregnancy test and last week went to the doctor to have a blood test done to see if I was pregnant but the result came back negative.