Left Rib stomach burning tearing pain
My son started having a burning, tearing feeling on his left side...the dr said she didn't know what it was, but it was on his 8th and 9th rib and sent us for xrays.  They came back clear and they gave him 800 mg of mortin for the pain. His stomach stomach hurts a little close to the rib area or right below it. What could be causing this ?Thanks
I don't want to impute any motives, but at the same age, when I had a stomach ache that was so bad that my mother took me to the doctor, the problem was that I really didn't want to be in school that week, and I recall having to be pretty creative in my responses to the doctor to make it sound realistic.  And what I described it as, was a burning in my stomach.  I didn't have a good relationship with my teacher in that grade, and she had piled on the homework, and I was having trouble.  Like I said, this might not have anything to do with your son, but you might gently ask him how things are going.