Lunch Meat and Pregnancy
So-  forget smoking pot while pregnant!!  I am kinda freaking out about this whole lunch meat thing...  I have a sub from Jimmy Johns every monday, it is kinda an office thing...  how likely is it to get listeria from eating a sub with ham and turkey lunch meat on it???  I will stop now, but I had no idea I could be causing harm!  
pertykitty-I agree about rollercoasters...but being a passenger on a motorcycle is not ACTUALLY PHYSICALLY going to hurt the baby...the ride itself won't hurt the baby, no different than sitting in a car, the only difference is the outcome of an accident (maybe).  I get that,  but, IMO you can't live your life in a bubble, and as for LUNCH MEAT, TUNA, RED MEAT, SOFT CHEESE, DRINKING WATER, everytime you turn on the news it is something new to stay away from.  If you chose to hibernate for your 9months, go for it, I am just saying that people shouldn't be made to feel guilty for chosing to continuing to live while pregnant.  I have a really good friend who had a "MIRACLE" baby last year after 10+years of trying and MULTIPLE MULTIPLE MISCARRIAGES (I am talking 15+), doctors told her she would NEVER  ever have a baby.  Even though she wanted nothing more than her baby, she was horseback riding throughout her pregnancy, (probably because she was in denial that she was actually having a baby this time)  EVEN I thought that was CRAZY for her to be horseback riding, but who am I to judge what she is doing???  If she is comfortable doing it, let her do it.  As for the smoking pot, notice I stayed out of that thread (and I didnt' even comment on you calling the OP a TROLL...) because I have nothing nice to offer her.   I noticed that some people, who had confessed to smoking cigs while pregnant, were right down that girls throat, but, MJ is a NATURAL drug, where cigs are full of arsonic, tar, and god knows what else.  and when someone posts the same question about cigs, I have noticed how supportive you are,  telling them to try and quit and NOT calling them TROLLS!!!!
I agree they shouldn't be smoking or drinking ANYTHING, during my 1st 2 pregnancies, I had 0 tolerance for alcohol, medication or cigs, unfortunately  WITH my surprise baby, I was on tylenol #3 for my whole pregnancy but even still, my baby is perfectly healthy.

Lovethebops-your comment about circ was in a different thread all together, it wasn't even in a "CIRC" thread, it came out of nowhere, I was defending myself.  You attacked me 1st,  that was my first conversation with YOU! If you would like, I would gladly find the thread and direct everyone to it....There was no joke, maybe you intended it as such, but, I have a GREAT sense of humour, and it was not taken as such.

peekawho-I don't hate you, I don't hate anyone, please send me a I heart/hate Peek!!! Then depending on the day, I can cover whichever one I feel like.  Yes, you did agree with me, a sandwich "PROBABLY"  won't kill me.  and you said it yourself, you have never seen a case of it. (so it's like getting hit by a bolt of lightning)

Pertykitty-I really don't hate you either, and no, I am not stalking "BOPS" on myspace, I saw her post earlier.

Ladies- I know you are all buddies, I watched your friendship develop on here BOPS and Pertykitty, I think that is great.  

From Peek's post about Listeria- she quoted  approximately 2500 people get listeria in the US in a year, and approx. 500 people die and 27% are pregnant ( works out to be 675 pregnant women get listeria and 135 pregnant women die)
well there are 301 139 947 people  (APPROX. as of July 2007) in the US, and the odds of getting struck by lightening are 576 000 to 1, to therefore that is approximately 523 people each year get struck by lightening in the US.
so the odds of getting struck by lightening are almost as great as the TOTAL amount of people who will contract listeria and the TOTAL amount of people who are killed by listeria (500) is less than the amount of people who will be struck by lightening (523)
So, my thoughts are if you are craving lunch meat , ENJOY, just don't eat it in a Lightening storm because you could DOUBLE your risk of DEATH.  
I have to say...  i have been a little stressed out at some of the back and forth about this topic on here...  but THAT was pretty funny!  Your last sentence...  while I agree with you on that item-  eating lunch meat is something that you can control completely-  while getting hit by lightening is something that you can't really contol all that much-  I wouldn't judge a person for eating lunch meat after this, but I think it will be a personal decision for me at this point, and I probably will steer clear for the next 5 months!  Although, if I were going to consider Jimmy Johns today for lunch, I probably won't now, it is raining pretty hard here-  the "tropical storm erin" has hit!!  :)  THAT was very funny!
LOL...yes it was!  Caution !  Extreme caution!  Stay away from Tropical Storm  ERIN!  Don't even get me started on those Stats! LOL
Oh, for heavens sake, you are so obnoxious...come off your yourself...that is not up for debate. I'm done....You are just so silly!

I don't care if you didn't take it as joke, that is how I ment it..take it or leave and move on....
And once again, like I said I don't have to deal w/ circumsion anyways..I have girls...get over the circ deal....

you need to learn how to put a period at the end of a sentence and move on to bigger and better things....I don't even know how many MONTHS ago that stupid comment was...I just have to learn to not say anything to you. It really is such a small deal. I don't understand why it is so huge to you. move on!
I think everything is huge to her.
Man there are some raging hormones on this website.lol
its not raging hormones, its a particular poster that likes to show up from time to time and start arguments.  it gets very tiring tomel.
you are right!

seems to take the whole "mountain out of a molehill' expression to new extremes!

I feel for bitter, angry ppl....It is obvious they have some serious problems bugging them! it is very tiring when ppl act this way....Hormones aside!
Oh, I just noticed the u/s pic! You got some really nice, clear shots!
isnt she cute! lol.  i put that pic up the other day, i was wondering if anyone would notice.
lovethebops- i thought you were done with me YESTERDAY??? Why are u still ranting???  Shut up already!!!
from this thread.....quote from LOVETHEBOPS--Suprise baby-you can be so rude and mean. I thought you were gone for good last time after you reemed me out for not believing in circ., and here you are back being mean to ppl

I was defending myself for the outburst from "you" about CIRC again! You brought it up, not me, you haven't let it go, not me, so.. You should practise what you preach and not be so bitter!!! Let it go.....
not that it matters, but it was brought to my attention that i reemed someone out for their opinion on circumcision...never happened, i actually feel very strongly that this is a personal decision. (period , end of story) here's the thread...
Lets all just have a ham sandwich and try to get along!  :)

All the fighting is too stressful for all of us who are expecting... which is most of us!  From reading these posts it does seem as though perty and lovethebops are being fairly light hearted about it...  I think we should only post things that are friendly to each other...  I do think that it is nasty to say things to intentionally hurt others, and it seems like surprise likes to do that-  your husband being gone for military while you are expecting is a very difficult thing, and we are here to be supportive of each other, not hurtful to each other...  lets try to only post things that will build others up...  not make them feel bad or stupid...  please...  I should have never asked about stupid lunch meat!!  
And you thought it was a harmless question....     : )
no kidding... this is stressing me out more then worrying about listeria!
more danger of dying from stress too!  
YEs-it is very sad that ppl are so messed up that they feel the need to drudge up things from so long ago...Honestly, I can't even remember what was said and frankly, it does not matter (basically it is similar to all the news stations that bring up previous past comments/interviews w/ Pres. Bush in the beginning of his term when he swore up an down there would be no war in Iraq...what does that matter now..Are we not there now?? Obviously those previous comments he made don't really matter now, do they?) ....nothing I even said was that bad for petey's sake! I just said "I guess we will never see eye to eye"... I didn't say anything horrible, and I'm sure if anyone saw the post from SO LONG AGO,  they would hardly think it a big deal either...For crying out oud, she'd have you think I or anyone else called her a @#$%%#@$*!@(*()), which is simply untrue...It really is not a big deal, you honeslty need to move on...It is such a non-issue.  I really can't believe how silly you are acting, if you "practiced"(learn to spell) what you preach, this post wuld have ended 2 days ago and you never would have bashed Perty for no reason)...you see I am light hearted, and I don't take any of this personally or seriously. I feel so sad for you, you have some issues that need addressing outside of this forum, which you fail to address. That is not my problem though. There is no talking/reasoning/playing nice w/ you. How sad since we all have so much to offer one another! I feel bad for those of you out ther that fail to find the positive side of this great sight! For the ladies that have been a positive force here, I truley appreciate your input, and it has been a pleasure!

So SB, insert your comment here- I'll let you have the last word, since that is clearly all you want. Good bye ladies, this thread is dead to me!
But we will miss you- at least I will- Good job! She must have the last word...even if its over something as ridiculous as a turkey sandwich!

~gets out of the way for more poo slinging~
lovethebops....I live in Canada and Practise when it is a VERB...which it was...is spelled correctly, but thanks for the spelling lesson, but WULD (as you spelled it, is actually, "WOULD")  don't try and think you are better than me, cause you aren't.  Keep telling yourself that it is Surprisebaby with the issues then look in the mirror, I repeat "YOU" are the one that brought up the OH SO LONG AGO ISSUE of circumcision, not me (for the 2nd time you brought it up, so it "IS" an issue to you, it's not to me, it is personal! ) Stop trying to start something with ME!  
BTW you weren't even a member when PERTYKITTY was known as siren of the sea, or Sailor's Wife and  was obnoxious and REMOVED from MEDHELP!
so don't think she is the innocent victim here!
trying to make me some enemies are ya?  lol  sure i said a few things back yonder under a different name, i think it is funny you remember so well.  i dont even remember some of my favorites old names.  do you keep  a log book?  i told people the way it was bops, some people need that, i have calmed down a bit, i realized that stupid people will remain stupid people no matter what is said ;)
by the way, you are out of straws here.
So, ladies....that was the last word, once again brought to you by our northern neighbor.  

Stay tuned for next weeks edition of "As The World Turns Around Surprise Baby", brought to you by Citizens Against The Use Of Bubble Wrap During Pregnancy and/or Childhood.

Next week, we will feature a lively discussion of Huggies vs Pampers.  I can't personally wait to hear her views on that.  
EXACTLY!  
would you all like for me to change my name so you won't have a clue who it is????  I can put on my game face real well, and you'll be eating candy out of my hand in no time! LOL (but I have enough friends in the REAL world, this is just cyberland!)
If you painted dog poo pink, and handed it out like candy, I think most people would still recognize it.

not a chance,...is that a DARE????  LMAO
You know, for someone with so many friends and such a busy, full life, you're on a lot these days.  

I, on the other hand, have no life, as everyone knows.  What's your excuse?
Gotta go get ready for work, kids.  Enjoyed it!
never said i had a "BUSY FULL LIFE", hmmmm..not sure where you got that one?  as for the friends, we all have other commitments,  can't spend every waking hour with them, nor do I on here, I happen to be on here right now, and check my emails from time to time, and while I am at it, I pop back in here!    There are days that go by that you will go through SURPRISEBABY withdrawal, and others that you will go through OVERLOAD!  I don't understand why you think you own this forum???  I am not allowed to defend myself, In this thread alone, Pertykitty has and so has Lovethebops, but, NOT ME?   I know I am not innocent, never said I was, but, I should be allowed to explain myself without being judged on the way that I "SPELL" for crying out loud!!!!!!!  That's just immature (and bops was correcting me wrong, which was actually FUNNIER! and showing how stupid she really is!!!!!)  When I type, my fingers just go, so I am bound to make typos from time to time, as everyone is, but that one wasn't, and she had to make a scene about it...DUH!!!
I am entitled to my opinion, and IMO this is a DUMB thing to worry about, there are wars being fought, babies dying, and we are going to worry about a small percentage (less than 2% chance) of dying from something we eat!  Worry about what you want, have a heart attack from all the stress you are creating, I don't really care.
sb you are making a fool out of yourself at this point.  stomping your feet and putting your hands on your ears.  you dont defend yourself, you pick on others and try to make people side with you but against me.  your little private log states you want to stick up for the weak, when you are the weak one  commiting random acts of stupidity.  i was pleasantly pleased when you were gone for  a bit of time. do you get up and pace and steam after you read the next post?  seriously i think you need to be diagnosed.

peek once again you have said the funniest thing on medhelp today!!
you wish! I don't give a rat's   A S S about you or your little fan club you have here.  I am entitled to my opinions, and I will share them as I see fit and NOT you or anyone else will bully me into your beliefs!  If YOU  want to have a temper tantrum,because I am not going away, that's fine, no one is stomping their feet here, I thought I didn't get to you cause you were STRONGER than me and you didn't care about me???   I can see how much I "Don't get to you!"   Just because you get all steamed up by my comments  to you doesn't mean that I care about yours.  I really don't! But you insist on having the last word, so go ahead and reply, and maybe, just maybe, I'll let you have it!!!! LOL  Goodbye! muaaah!
im not steamed, lol, i am playing your little game.  you are screaming at me, im calm cool and collected.  i dont have a fan club, if i did i could charge dues and then id be rich!!
how much are the dues?
Ah, it's ok, you don't have to explain yourself to me...I understand completely.

Was anyone else reminded of that old Spin Doctor's hit, "Little Miss Can't Be Wrong?"...If we had theme songs on here that played everytime we posted, I know who that would be perfect for! lol...
i thought you were done with this thread....still want to put in your 2 cents...last word is yours, go 4 it, u know u can't help yourself.  btw, you should practise what you preach (learn to spell is what u told me right? ) ...dis"c"usting is actually dis"g"usting!  and there are numerous other spelling mistakes in other posts that most GROWNUPS overlook, you are a real piece of work sunshine....duh!
Grow up...
bops you are much more mature at 23 than she is at 33.
Luv Babies sent me an e-mail about this thread so I had to check it out. It took me so long to get here as I was feeding Quinn moldy cheese and spoiled lunch meat.

Sarcasm..... of course!!
Maybe you need some bubble wrap sent your way...
Maybe, I could wrap Quinn in it after she eats her moldy cheese and spoiled lunch meat.
Well, I guess if you were into the bubble wrap thing, Quinn wouldn't be eating homemade bleu cheese and rotting meat. Hmmmm...I think I need to plan an intervention.
Bring it on. When you come I will prepare you a nice big lunch meat sandwich.
With cheese?
Of course.... I guess I better swat the flies off of it.
Nah, extra protein is good for fetuses.