Opiates in Meconium
Hi. I am currently 38 weeks pregnant & have taken hydrocodone & oxycodone on and off up until 21 weeks. I suffer from sciatica & severe migraines and decided to stop at 5 months for fear of my baby becoming addicted. I suffered no withdrawals as I didnt take them consistently the first 5 months ( I'd take 4-5 a day for a few days, then try tylenol for a week or so and go back) just on and off. My concern is that it might be in my childs meconium at birth if tested. I don't have a history of drug use or abuse of any substances, and have 2 other healthy children that I never used anything while pregnant with them. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Did you have a prescription for for the hydrocodone & oxycodone?  If so I wouldn't worry about it.  If you got them off the street then I would let your dr know so they can be aware of any possible effects on the baby.
yes. But the script was from before I was pregnant January 2011. I've also been getting prenatal care and sono's done from day 1. So far the ultrasounds and blood tests are all perfect.