Pelvic floor twinges...what are they?
Hello.  I am 37 weeks pregnant now (first pregnancy) and 25% effaced by my last appointment.  For the past two weeks, I have been feeling these twinges in my pelvic floor.  I don't know how to explain the feeling, but to me, it's like my cervix is having a spasm or the baby is butting its head there.  It doesn't feel like it's really deep inside of me; like I said, it feels like a twinge/pinch/spasm in my cervical area, not crampy at all.  I have read that you cannot feel your cervix go through effacement, so I'm just wondering if this is a sign of something else?  It's happening more frequently and although there is no distinct pattern, I often feel it when I get up from sitting. I have a doctor appointment in three days, so I'll ask then, but in the meantime, if anyone can offer any info, thanks  :)
I have those little stabbing pains in my cervix too-- at 36 weeks.  I know I have griped before about my OB-- but does he/she check your cervix regularly, and starting at what
point in the PG?  Mine hasn't even checked me yet-- could be fully effaced & dialated for all she'd know!
It sounds like Braxton Hicks or contractions to me. When I was pregnant with my first son they hooked me up for a stress test.  I was having contractions constantly according to the machine but I couldn't feel anything!  You are probably getting very close!  Good Luck!!!

Carlye
Hi Cajun. I have been having them for about a month also (I am 39.5 weeks now). They really are unnerving, aren't they? It's just the baby butting up against your pelvis floor, but I swear there were times I thought he was going to up and walk out!:)
Not to worry!
I am 33 weeks I feel those to. It feels as If the baby is coming out but with no pain. I felt it with both pregnancys its just the baby droping into head down and moving around the head is probley just really low, your getting very close. tell your dr at your appt like you said. but you will be just fine good luck with your new baby:)